Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Holster G34/35

Viggen

What are possible choices for Production holster for G34/35.

Before I would have gone with a DOH from Blade-Tech but since the shadow people are supposedly rewriting Production rules for their own reasons I thought I had better ask. Anybody run that Safariland paddle holster for their 34/35?

Also, if anyone knows, are the CR-Speed mag pouches acceptable in Production?

Yeah, the CR pouches are legal -

Regarding the holster, since you don't want to get the DOH you might look at the bladetech Stingray or something from comptac or even Kytac. The stingray holster is essestially the same holster as the DOH except it has a different belt attachment.

Good luck...

Comp-tac. I use mine for both Limited and Production, love it.

-Mike

+1 for Comp-tac if you are against the DOH. Personally, I shoot production (G34) with a used DOH holster and CR Speed mag pouches.

Before using the CR Speed, I used Fobus pouches, and I would have to wear skin tight shirts like Under Armor to avoid grabbing a fistfull of shirt when I am actually going for a mag. The CR Speed pouches keep the mags well away from your body, thus eliminating the "wrestler singlet" look :D

Be sure to use a good, stiff belt...Again, CR Speed makes a great one!

Typical anytime one piece of equipment is dominating a class there will be internet rumors and some people will whine about it. For now and at least a year the DOH is legal, my bet the rule wont change as it would force a majority to buy new equipment.

It seems they would change the magholder rule before the holster rule anyway, as the DOH is not race gear where race magholders are legal??

The DOH can be switched to a different hanger that is even IDPA legal with just 4 screws in about 2 minutes.

Comp-Tac does make a nice piece of gear if you want solid, high and secure, and TJ is fast out of the Blackhawk, although he is sponsored by them.

No matter the CR speed belt is dominant also, should that be changed??

It’s not so much with holster is better, it really comes down to the attachment method and where that positions your holster. The doh bladetech really is nice in its placement options and attachment method. Should DOH becomes an illegal holster because of the drop, just turn the attachment piece around and you’ve taken care of that.

Paddles are nice in that you can move them anywhere & put them on in a nanosecond, but I really get tired of seeing guns being waved around with the holster still attached right after the buzzer (yeah, I did it once myself). It seems every paddle holster that I’ve tried tilts the gun into your body, so when you make the draw, the gun is angled incorrectly for a fast draw. Even some of the high end paddles that I’ve gotten still have that positioning problem. Same thing goes with the paddle mag pouches.

Take a good Wilderness/Instructors belt, doh from blade tech and couple of belt mag pouches and you’ve got everything you need for Production/Singlestack and IDPA. Cost factor ain’t that bad either…I just priced out a new CR Speed holster and found that $200 bucks was gonna be needed….

michaels

I highly recommend Comp-Tac holsters. You could say I am biased because I have been using their holsters for competition and work. I've used different holsters for work and competition (Blackhawk, Fobus, Uncle Mike's, etc..) and IMHO, Comp-Tac holsters are one of the best made kydex holsters available. Gregg produces a fine product and he stands behind it.