Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Rocky Mountain 3-gun

I have to disagree with HMO

He Man is not about age and eyesight capabilities its about competitively shooting a certain class of gun, and RM3G are pushing boundaries in exploring the question; why not match the Tac class - if Tac class is split why not split He Man.

OK you slag of 'old people' if they are not able enough, you will be old real soon, .... but I wager half of the 'old' guys I know in US 3 gun will match your ass !! I know some Texans who would love to play...

Hope to meet you at Mesa for a beer if you are there !

Edited by mike.45

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HM Only,

as RM3g brought HE-MAN into being, I'm not sure what you are trying to say. The original intent of He-Man WAS to be a scoped class, as described by Eddie Rhoads the 'founder' of He-Man.

3 gun is a game, and we must have rules. the different classes are ALWAYS evolving, if they didn't we would be using lever action rifles, revolvers, and double barrel shotguns. (wait, thats called cowboy action!) also, we must listen to the competitors and be aware of new techie stuff that enters the shooting arena. we can't let it be a free for all thou, years past of USPSA have shown us that. the shooters wanted scoped tactical, so with some restrictions it was brought into being. we are trying scoped He-Man this year, with some restrictions, at Rocky Mountain 3 Gun. it is, after all, our match (and I mean ALL shooters), using mdified rules from IMGA, the accepted guidlines of most 3 gun matches, and it is evolving. if we used the original IMGA rules, there would be no He-Man.

way back in august we asked for opinions, and the majority said they wanted scoped He-Man. it will be scored like we do tactical, on rifle stages irons are against irons and scoped are scored against scoped. all he-man are scored together on other stages. this does not give you, an iron shooter, a disadvantage.

rule changes are a fact of life in this game... ;)

jj

+1 on what mike said !

I think a lot of shooters would like to try He man if scope was allowed. This will be my first year trying out He Man division and I will be shooting iron. But I have heard from a lot of other shooters who are older and not so old that would like to try He Man if scopes were allowed.

I think helping the sport to grow is always welcome.

And yes ! HMO I think if she wants to change the rules she can. She is in charge. Just stay tuned in and updated and you will be on top of the subject of any further changes.

Good Luck !

Denise,

You need an avatar.... post-293-1169603951.gif or this one post-293-1169604339.gif

Do I really have sticky-uppy hair like that? Kind of scary! :blink: I was trying to find this picture of me with my benelli, but so far, no luck! I don't know about this avatar thing. And the shorts are blue, not turquoise, so...

Thanks, I think! I do believe I have to think about this! :unsure:

By the way, when are you going to start shooting 3-gun?

I can't shoot long guns... I tried shotgun back in UK after the handgun ban... I sucked, big time. Tried rifle when I first started shooting, couldn't do that worth a damn either.

I used to be able to shoot handgun pretty good but even those skills seem to have gone now :(

And it's too cold to shoot anyway... Aurora is going to be at freezing (and that's the high) on Saturday, and snowing as well. I will not be there, I may not be there for months if the weather keeps up like this.

Sorry Paul! I went with the picture JJ took of me when we decided I was Benelli Chick! That little fat girl with the spikey hair was cute, but just not me. And the bikini?!?!? I only shoot pistol in a bikini! I can't shoot three-gun like that! :P

Thanks for getting me off my bum and making an Avatar though.

You really should shoot three-gun! There are so many great people that come out to Raton! There's even a couple other Brits that usually join us! They talk funny just like you!

Denise

As I get closer to 40, I get tired pumping the pump shotgun, can we have semi-autos (scored seperately of course) in He Man?

I also have trouble handling the recoil of the .45ACP and tire of doing 3X the mag changes of the Tactical-class shooter. Can I shoot my Limited gun (scored seperately of course) in He-Man?

I also tire of the expense of shooting a .308, can we shoot 7.62X39mm in Heman?

I want to shoot an ACOG TA11 but find it difficult to shoot it quickly up close because the Matt Burkett/Kurt Miller Iguana-vision technique does not work for my eyes so can I mount more than one optic on my He-Man rifle? It's not really fair that my eyes cannot do this technique so we should adjust the division.

It gets tiring shooting a heavy He Man rifle prone, can I have a bipod?

As I get closer to 40, I get tired pumping the pump shotgun, can we have semi-autos (scored seperately of course) in He Man?

I also have trouble handling the recoil of the .45ACP and tire of doing 3X the mag changes of the Tactical-class shooter. Can I shoot my Limited gun (scored seperately of course) in He-Man?

I also tire of the expense of shooting a .308, can we shoot 7.62X39mm in Heman?

I want to shoot an ACOG TA11 but find it difficult to shoot it quickly up close because the Matt Burkett/Kurt Miller Iguana-vision technique does not work for my eyes so can I mount more than one optic on my He-Man rifle? It's not really fair that my eyes cannot do this technique so we should adjust the division.

It gets tiring shooting a heavy He Man rifle prone, can I have a bipod?

I FEEL THE LOVE!!!!!

I am looking forward to the match this year, since last year I missed it............

Edited by Helmut

yes Kelly, sell all that heavy useless he-man equipment, just gonna put you in an early grave, not to mention the poor farm. Heck, save money....shoot open!!!

I feel for ya man.....not much though. :lol:

Tim

PS....can we use a 20ga pump in He-Man??? :P

Edited by TRUBL

You bet!!......and we may as well have rules that make Mel shoot left handed, keeps Kelly out of it......I'll take care of Tate. And.....I just may be competitive again!!

Why practice???

Tim

practice schmactice, practice is for those that can''t do......................................man i've heard that somewhere before :lol::lol:

oh yeah, i remember now!!!!! NASA lab techs and all that stuff.

I'm still waiting for a HIGH FIREFIGHTER category, i'm mean come on, they got LAW, OLD FART, Jr., really OLD FART, MILITARY, LADY what happens if a Female, military, attorney, whose 60yo, wins???????????????????Do they get all the categories? :huh:

I want a nostalgia division, Daisy Red Ryder, Daisy Colt peacemaker, and for shotgun that old cork stopper gun. just score us all mini minor. :lol:

Traprl

unfamiliar with the "fanner 50" got pics?

For rifle know your trajectory from 50 - 350ish, in 25 to 50yd. increments. be prepared to shoot in ANY weather, and be able to do it from the 4 positions.

I here Phoenix had another blizzard, we should've had a match that weekend. :lol:

trapr

I am planing to shoot at this match, does anyone know what to expect in the rifle course?

Jim :huh:

Lots of old Geezers shooting scoped AR-10s and M1As...

Hey! I resemble that remark, and Mel sure does. A little respect for those who pioneered the refinements you all have been discussing.