Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap Championship

Robert - just wanted to say thanks for a heck of a good match.

It was great to see you and several other guys from the former Texoma PPC crowd that got me hooked on this obsession seven years ago.

Since everyone is bragging on their squads, I'll join in. Squad 17 (with the always entertaining Martin trio) was a blast. Couldn't ask for a better group of folks to shoot with - very organized and there was never a lack of helping hands on the stage re-sets. Mrs Deb P. - if you're reading this, can you send me a copy of the squad photo we took on Sunday?

Thanks again Robert!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your Welcome! Full auto Great to see you again! Glad you never got of the sport. Next year Will Be Better and Awards and Prize table Guaranteed to Go Quicker.

Edited by scorch

Want to Thank All Our Sponsor. Please Remember them when you are making your next Buying Descision.

Founding Match Sponsor

STI International

Major Match Sponsor

United States Shooting Academy

Match Sponsors

Shooters Connection / Competitive Edge Dynamics / Dawson Precision / Strayer-Voigt - Infinity Firearms

Stage Sponsors

Armscor- Glen Higdon / Blade Tech / Bulletworks / Burkettvideo.com / Glock / Grams Engineering / JP Enterprises Inc. / Ky-Tac / Mike Gibson Manufacturing (MGM) / Precision Bullets / Pro Tech Co. inc. / Smith & Wesson

Gold Sponsors

Starline Brass / Competition DVD .com

Also a Big Thanks Goes Out to All the Staff and RO's

1 Mic Nelson RO

1 Phil Piere RO

1 Linda Montoya Score

2 Steve Menzik RO

2 Monte Long RO

3 David Langille RO

3 Jerry Kee RO

4 Dave Re RO

4 Nick Neal RO

4 Shuan Finney RO

5 Lopez RO

5 Nelson RO

6 Don Sawyer RO

6 Jim Chambers RO

7 Artie Mitchell RO

7 Lee Neal RO

8 Jerry Wager RO

8 Ken Cobb RO

9 Robert Kelly RO

9Tim Cavazos Score

10 Bill Dougherty RO

10 Tammy Roberts Score

11 Keith Oltman RO

11 Kurt Grubber Score

12 Jimmie RO

12 Steve Roberts Score

Bill Haggard - Range Master

Margo - Stats

Texas Lil's Cafe

Sandra Nolty

Jammie Hicks

Pam Kelly

and my Lovely Wife Tiffani

Jessica King and Tamara - Range Hostess

Edited by scorch

it takes 3 GM's in a division to count as classifier.

lynn

I'm sure in that case it's well covered in both divisions. I think there were like 20+ GMs.

Thanks!

The match also needs to ge a level III match (I think ?), then then MD needs to request that it get counted as a classifier...then USPSA will take a look at it. :)

From being a match director for a previous match I can tell you this......

On the application for match sanction there is a box that the MD checks that says........

Match to be used as a classifier(or some wording similar to that).

It has to be a level II or larger, and you have to have 3 GMs in a divison that shoot up to USPSAs standards...............Similar to having 1 GM that wins, another that shoots 97% and another that shoots 94%. If there are 3 and they don't all shoot up to par, USPSA may choose not to use it(Not very often though)

Hope that helps clear things up a little.

Hopalong

11 GMs in Limited. Top five scored 100%, 96%, 95%, 94%, 90%.

Not sure about the sanctioned level of the match.

It did count as a classifier last year. Shows up as 06DT as the classifier.

Edited by BNorth

The GM's that placed 1st, 6th, 7th, 11th, and 12th at the '06 Limited nationals, plus the winner of the '06 Open nationals are on the DTC '07 Limited list...

I'm sure that's more than enough of the 'big-time' GM's to ensure that this match can count as a classifier, so as long as the MD checked all the right boxes on the match form (which I'm sure he did).

Robert,

Thanks for a great match again this year. You guys did a great job regardless of printer compliance :D We will definitely be seeing you again next year.

Any idea when you will have a chance to get the pics up for 07?

Take care, Craig

This was a Level II Match signed off by the Man himself (John A.)and The Check Box for Classifier WAS checked and we DID have Enough GM's and it WAS used last year with less GM's So it SHOULD be.

We got a New Computer and Printer TODAY!

Will have a Back up for each. Going to "dry fire" the Results at ever Club match this year. Doing the Awards is like doing a reload once a year, Really Tough to do well with out practice.

Bird Dog Went to the Range got ALL the Change Forms... Your name is not on any of them :( (We will change Class to C before we send it in to USPSA)

Photos will be up next week some time, Playing Catch up at work since I took off almost two weeks for the match. Still waiting on some photos.

Edited by scorch

Playing Catch up at work since I took off almost two weeks for the match. Still waiting on some photos.

You have a real job? :lol::lol::P

Your hard work and vision are much appreciated. ;)

[edited for grammar :ph34r: ]

Edited by Steve J

That right Mick, got photos up on the double tap Web Site of this Years Double Tap Champ. Click on the Match photo button on the top of the page to go directly to the DTC'07 photos

Some of the links at the bottom are still to come along with captions.

Robert,

It was an outstanding match! I had the time of my life & just wish I could shoot it again. I can't wait for next year!

I would like to ask that you not start putting people on squads just to get things rolling. We had a full squad of people & we had trouble getting everyone lined up. For a little while, I was wishing I had sent you all the apps in one envelope so we could all get squadded together. That would kind of defeat the purpose of self squadding, wouldn't it?

Interesting thing, I know you sent in all that money & clicked the little box on the paperwork but nothing shows up on the uspsa classifications. They just did the update today. I wonder what's up with that?

Thanks again, it was an awesome time!

See you later,

MLM

I think it will just take a little bit. Looking through the classifiers of someone who shot it last year, it shows the date as 3/24/06 (date of match) and the date it was entered as 5/10/06. It should show up on next month's update.

Have not sent in the Match to USPSA yet, going to get that done this week, look for it on the next go around.

MM: We won't Be adding people in the sqadding list right away next year. So you may not have that problem. I remeber though some of your guys did not send in for over 6 weeks and squads fill FAST on sat/sun schedule, suggestion: get your entries in early.