Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Canadian Revolver Shooters Out There?

sargenv

Um, just Curious if there are any Canadian Round Gun shooters out there. I'm thinking about seeing if I can attend the Canadian Nationals in 2007 since it's right down the road from my father-in-law's place in Langley, BC. I would of course be shooting my 610 and I'm trying to get a few other locals from Richmond to consider it. I emailed BC-IPSC but that has so far been un-answered. I may start emailing more people on their page to see what I/We can do to get an invite for that. No doubt it's still in the planning stages.

Vince

sargenv:

Try these two contacts:

Murray Gardner at mdgardner@telus.net and/or Gunnar Christensen at armco@telus.net

Murray is very active with IPSC BC and Gunnar is the Section Co-ordinator for IPSC BC.

Either one or both will get back to you with answers to your question. As far as revolver participation goes, BC doesn't have a ton of revolver shooters but revolver is fairly popular in the Maritimes (Nova Scotia and New Brunswick) and certainly they'll be a few shooters who will make the trip out west.

I've shot several Canadian Nationals and a few IPSC BC Provincial matches, best matches I've ever shot.

Edited by Chuck D

sargenv:

Try these two contacts:

Murray Gardner at mdgardner@telus.net and/or Gunnar Christensen at armco@telus.net

Murray is very active with IPSC BC and Gunnar is the Section Co-ordinator for IPSC BC.

Either one or both will get back to you with answers to your question. As far as revolver participation goes, BC doesn't have a ton of revolver shooters but revolver is fairly popular in the Maritimes (Nova Scotia and New Brunswick) and certainly they'll be a few shooters who will make the trip out west.

I've shot several Canadian Nationals and a few IPSC BC Provincial matches, best matches I've ever shot.

This is sounding very do-able............Vince, you lead..... I'll follow

Thanks Chuck!

I will get ahold of those two Gents and report back what I find out.

Dan.. It's not much farther than Montana :D Sice this is in my in-law's backyard, literally less than 30 mins from their house, this almost seems a no-brainer once we figure ammo and guns going across the border.

Vince

Thanks Chuck!

I will get ahold of those two Gents and report back what I find out.

Dan.. It's not much farther than Montana :D Sice this is in my in-law's backyard, literally less than 30 mins from their house, this almost seems a no-brainer once we figure ammo and guns going across the border.

Vince

Vince , lets look at what it takes to ship guns and or ammo to your inlaws....

mikey

Mike,

I doubt highly that we'd be able to ship ammo or firearms to my in-laws. I know that it is a bit more difficult to buy handguns up there. Ammo probably not much more so, but I know there is a permitting process for firearms. We'd likely have to submit paperwork to the govt and I assume get invitations to the match up there to even be considered. I'm sure I'll get more info as it becomes available.

Vince

I hope this helps its right from the CFO website here is there site http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/compliance-confo...o/default_e.asp

Information for Non-residents, Including Canadian Citizens who have been Living Outside Canada

Q. Can a non-resident bring firearms into Canada?

The Canada Border Services Agency is responsible for deciding whether to let a non-resident bring a firearm into Canada. As a general rule, non-residents may bring a non-restricted rifle or shotgun into Canada for approved purposes such as hunting, target shooting, wilderness protection or in-transit movement by a reasonably direct route to another point outside Canada.

Restricted firearms (mainly handguns and some semi-automatic long guns) can generally only be imported if the person can demonstrate a need for having the firearms in Canada – for example to take part in an organized target-shooting event.

For more information on the documents you will need to import a firearm, please refer to the fact sheet for firearm owners visiting Canada.

Yeah, I knew that they could be brought in, just that we can't say "ship" them to residents already in the country like we might do here in the states. I would assume an invitation to a major match would be grounds to allow us to bring otherwise legal firearms across the border with accessories so that we could compete while in the country. I'm willing to jump through a few hoops to be able to shoot the Canadian Nationals. I wouldn't think it is any different that going anywhere else with restrictive laws.

Vince

Edited by sargenv

• 1 month later...
Um, just Curious if there are any Canadian Round Gun shooters out there. I'm thinking about seeing if I can attend the Canadian Nationals in 2007 since it's right down the road from my father-in-law's place in Langley, BC. I would of course be shooting my 610 and I'm trying to get a few other locals from Richmond to consider it. I emailed BC-IPSC but that has so far been un-answered. I may start emailing more people on their page to see what I/We can do to get an invite for that. No doubt it's still in the planning stages.

Vince

I'm Canadian and will be shooting a 4in 625 at the 2007 Nats in BC. There's some kind of big time US shoot close by in Washington state a week later and I'll be going there too. A good source of general info and keeping up to date is to subscribe to www.canadiangunnutz.com. There is a forum on action shooting games. If there's 10 or more revo folk, you'll stand a good chance to win a President's medal.

Hi Forom another "wheel" man . Not only am I Canadian but I'm stuck out here in the North Atlantic on my own .Newfoundland "The Rock" . At this time I am the only Revo guy ,I just got fed up with all the tweaking and getting DQ'd for yet another gun failure .

At our last matchI left the bottomfeeder in the safe and took my 625 and had the best day at the range in a long time. How nice it was to just go and shoot and not worry about my gun trying to convert itself to kit form.

With all the grief I've had with building my semi this year I'm about ready to convert to a full time Revo shooter

TCF

Well I just joined that other forum. I've always wondered where IPSC was shot up there and now I know. So when I go up for visits with my wife's family, once I get all the paperwork straight, maybe I can bring my gear and participate in shoots up there. It's doubtful that I'll get to go shoot up there before the Can Nats in '07, but stranger things have happened. We may just take a trip up in the late spring so I can try to figure out the import procedure.

I almost had a conflict already. We're holding a Level 3 sectional match at my club in '07 and the dates initially conflicted. I'm happy to say that it no longer conflicts. We'll shoot that the week before the Can Nats, and then head up all ready for another big competition :)

Vince

Thanks Rodney,

I've contacted a few people and they've pointed me in the right direction as far as import goes. Apparently I should arrive at our road border mid day so I can go to my port of entry/exit and fill out the forms I need to get my gun back into the country, and then go to Canadian Customs to process in there as well. As I recall, they need to call some # that is open only during certain parts of the day.

Vince

• 2 weeks later...

We shoot some revolver at work (back up pistol), and I am thinking about getting a mint Ruger GP100 stainless. I am not looking to win any national competitions, but it is fun to shoot the revolver and try and get the reloads going using speed loaders. I am in NB, and there is only one die-hard revolver shooter named John Stamp. There are a few others in NB like Sterling Gartner, Bill Donovan, Austin MacPhee, and in NS Cliff Meek shoots revolver once in a blue moon(2005Canadian National Production champion)

I mainly shoot production but I'm starting to dwell into standard (just purchased an STI Edge), and may trade one of my old USP's for the revolver and some speedloaders with factory ammo.

Edited by Mo Hepworth

Hey Mo!

I guess this is the first time we've interacted this year, been a busy year for me and haven't done any shooting, next year will be different. We got together a couple of weekends ago at the range in Hampton, 8 of us I think, and most of the boys were wheelin' it. Jim McGee was the winner at the end of the day shooting a 4 inch Smith out of an old duty holster. One time revolver was really popular in New Brunswick. When I took my Black Badge In 1990, I did it with revolver, but sadly I don't use it hardly ever now. After watching the good ol boys blast away, I am thinking real hard on setting up a belt for revolver and having at it sometime. We'll see. Hey Vince, I just found this post, I hope you come up for the Nats, I am sure the BC crew will so a great job at the match. If you are looking for ammo, Wolf Bullets I believe will load custom ammo, and likely can easily get it to you no problem. Murray and Gunnar are great guys, and surely will help you out with any infor you need. Cheers guys !!

Edited by Jody Waring