Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area-1 Championships

The transposed digits in the Buckley WA zip code have been corrected on the entry forms on the match website - please network widely, and apologies again for any inconvenience...

Edited by n2ipsc

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...app and check sent but no news...

Met with MD David Farrow today, who will be in contact with the Blaine, WA post office tomorrow to be sure they haven't received a glut of entry letters. The match registrar has several dozen in hand, so we think they're getting to the right place even with the zip code snafu, but, if in worry, if in doubt, you can email David directly from the link on the Match Website...

Confirmation letters should start going out shortly...

Edited by n2ipsc

• 4 weeks later...
No confirmation

but the check cleared ???????

I didn't get my check back from the bank yet so I don't know if they cashed it. I did, however get the USPS Return Receipt back even tho it had the wrong zip :huh:

b

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like fun....I'm trying guess which stage Floyd is going to have me working (i.e. where's the longest run?)

How about the shotgun stage since you gave up the Single Stack for the spray & pray double stack. Is 20 that much better than 10?

No confirmation

I didn't get my check back from the bank yet so I don't know if they cashed it. I did, however get the USPS Return Receipt back even tho it had the wrong zip :huh:

b

My checked was cashed, still no confirmation tho :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
No confirmation

b

My checked was cashed, still no confirmation tho :unsure:

Got me a confirmation letter today :D I'm in, now just gotta run away from work for a few days

barry

Anybody have any suggestions for motels other than the match hotel? There are social and convenience advantages to the match hotel, but $119 is too much for me. There are some $70 motels in Federal Way and other nearby towns (including Tacoma itself). What would be the closest town for easiest driving to the range? Any locals out there?

Anybody have any suggestions for motels other than the match hotel? There are social and convenience advantages to the match hotel, but $119 is too much for me. There are some $70 motels in Federal Way and other nearby towns (including Tacoma itself). What would be the closest town for easiest driving to the range? Any locals out there?

We are staying at the Crossland-puyallup.It's 4.8 miles to the range and 1 mile north of the match hotel.It's on the same road as the hotel and the range.2 queen beds,kitchenette and close to everything we'll need at $64.99 plus tax per night.Orbitz rates it at 3.8 of 5.Sounds good enough to take a chance on.

Bubba

Does anyone know if there is camping at the range (motorhome)?

From the confirmation letter, "The range itself has very limited camping hookups and plenty of space for tents, but, unfortunately, no shower facilities." Recommend emailing the MD to confirm one way or the other.

Anyone up for a little Team Challenge?

Area 1 2001 @ Marysville was my first ever "big match"...I remember a couple of guys come up and ask me to be on their team. Of course since this was my first major match...I thought this Team thing was SOP for all the major matches. At the time I represented their "C-Class" shooter. I have no clue how we did or how it was organized....I'd since completely forgot about this Team thing since then (having shot a FEW major matches since then...with no Teams mentioned :rolleyes: ).

The recent thread about shooting teams got me to remembering this team thing from 2001. Area 1 '007 License To Thrill is the first Area match to return to the NWS since the 2001 Space Oddity. So I was wondering....is there any interest in doing this Team Challenge thing again for this match? I've talked with Bruce Gary and he as said that stats will take this on ONLY if there is significant participation. If there is significant interest, we'll have to lay down the rules (what makes up a team, what types of teams are there, what the pay in should be, etc)....if there isn't significant interest....it dies here rather than at stats.