Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 Super Lapua Brass

fastshuter

Has anyone used this brass? Is it worth the extra cost for reloading in comparison to other brass makes? Pricey for sure but just wondering and if anyone has comparisons to other brass brands I would appreciate any comments. Wouldn't want to lose too much of it, especially shooting IPSC that's for sure if I did buy any :blink: . TIA.

I don't know that I'd say its the best... primer pockets on those that I have are pretty tight, and primers don't seat as deeply as I'd like. The extractor rim is somewhat small, too. That said, they seem to work fine. The Starline TJ and SuperComp stuff both have a deep extractor groove (more margin for error), and seem just as tough... I don't see the benefit of paying roughly 2x over the Starline stuff, personally, having shot both....

I'm with XRe on this. I think the Lapua (the rimless one is all I've seen, if they make a true rimmed 38-super brass, ignore all this) needs a bigger extractor groove.

Lapua deserves a lot of credit for publishing many Major-making loads in their load booklet.

Is it my computer or what? I went to ghostholster.com to order some Zero bullets (my first order with Angus) and could not get a security marker (you know, the little locked padlock on the lower right hand portion of your computer screen) when I needed to enter the credit card number.

Anyone else have this problem?

p.s. Angus must be out traveling to/from a match. No answer at his shop's phone number.

p.s.s. Heard back from Angus this evening. Turns out this is the week of the Steel Challenge. I really need to keep up with the basics, i.e. major matches. Thanks for calling Angus and good luck with the match.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Ron, where'd you hook up on that deal? At Midway, it's $549/thousand, now.... :D

Angus. But he's out for now.

I've got a thousand that have been under my bench a couple years, never tried them.

Anybody interested - offer?

Sherwyn

• 1 month later...