Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Grip Filler Strips

paul788

I recently noticed an Open shooter using a Para frame with small metal strips at the rear of the grip. He had removed the grip panels and is using grip tape. The strips fill the area at the rear of the grip.

Who makes these?

Is there a frame difference between an old(early 90s) frame and the current frame?

Does the right side strip retain the ambi safety?

Thanks

Paul

This looks like a darn good idea. too bad i have large hands and would rather keep my fat grips. they are the only ones I have seen like them even though i know ther are many more liuke them. The grips are thinner but longer front to back and make alot better grip and have almost a soft stippled effect to them. i will post a pic to follow.

• 1 month later...
I recently noticed an Open shooter using a Para frame with small metal strips at the rear of the grip. He had removed the grip panels and is using grip tape. The strips fill the area at the rear of the grip.

Who makes these?

Is there a frame difference between an old(early 90s) frame and the current frame?

Does the right side strip retain the ambi safety?

Thanks

Paul

I would caution you that with the no-panel setup, you will be a very unhappy camper if you have an out-of-battery discharge. All that will be between your hand-flesh and the blast will be that thin sheet of grip tape. I've had two such discharges in my life, and was damn glad that the panels were there, because my hands still stung like hell. :wacko:

Frankly, I'm amazed that this mod is allowed in IPSC/IDPA.

I would caution you that with the no-panel setup, you will be a very unhappy camper if you have an out-of-battery discharge. All that will be between your hand-flesh and the blast will be that thin sheet of grip tape. I've had two such discharges in my life, and was damn glad that the panels were there, because my hands still stung like hell. :wacko:

Frankly, I'm amazed that this mod is allowed in IPSC/IDPA.

I have these on my Armscor double-stack (Para P14 clone). Under the grip panels its solid steel, not sure how it is on the Para. Got them directly from Guncrafters here in Florida. When I talked to them they said they still had a few left but haven't made them in a while since demand was low. It does make the gun feel much narrower sans grip panels.

If it makes you feel better, Paras have steel (and a hole) where the grips are.

http://www.pgc.com.hk/photo/frame/para-frame.jpg

You can see the outline of the hole in that pic Byron posted, the rest is steel.

Although I think I remember frames with two holes (and thus less steel)... Maybe I'm wrong?

• 4 years later...

Note: threads merged. - Admin.

i have heard that someone used to or still does make frame inserts so one could take the grips off and just run grip tape for a grip. does anyone know where to get them or what they are called???????

• 2 weeks later...