Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 9mm For The Money?

steel1212

I'm starting to shoot more IDPA and Single stack and I'm looking for most accurate bullet for my money. I was looking at hornady's haps 121 or 125s what else is out there that I should try?

Precision bullets are 47 per 1000 where the other 3 MG, zero's, and even HAPS are around 33-35 per k.

I just looked up Zero Bullets but.

Precision 125 - delivered anywhere in US - 42.28 per K

Zero 125 - 63.47 +8.00 if not FFL or dealor + shipping...

:huh:

Precision bullets are 47 per 1000 where the other 3 MG, zero's, and even HAPS are around 33-35 per k.

I just looked up Zero Bullets but.

:huh:

DOH my bad! instead of 36 they where 63. :blink:

all of my guns seem to shoot 121-125 grain bullets more accurately than other bullet weights.

though the 9mm 115 MG JHP is one sweet shooting bullet

147 grain bullets tend to group a bit larger. i think its because of the longer TOF.

Two words: Shooters Connection

http://shootersconnection.com/store/produc...products_id=589

$63 a thousand, shipped. After shipping that's probably about the same price and you don't need a Haz-Mat team to soak your barrel from all the moly coated goodness

JHP's from Hornady, Zero or Montana Gold are well worth the extra money. Try a bunch and get what shoots the best in your gun, without killing the wallet completely. My NRA AP open guns just loves Sierra 115gr JHP but the wallet and my ability restrict me to MG or Zero.

If you shoot 20K + a year thats still only $400 a year more than Plated or Moly coated lead, which is $8 a week. You may be saving money in the wrong place and not getting the results you desire.

Been getting Remington Golden Sabre 124gr JHP in 9mm (.355") from Midway at around $50/1000 and they provide excellent accuracy in my 9x21 Glock Open gun, my SIG P226 and my .38 Stupor. I buy 5-6k at a time and they usually give me a few bucks off if I call on the phone and wheedle a little. One bullet, one price, works in many guns, me likee!

I have been using bullets by ATFIC in Nevada. They are on par with MG bullets I have used in the past. Last price list I have lists 9mm 124 Fmj gold at 54.95 per 1000 including shipping. I just ordered 40 sw and the price had not changed since my last order. In 40 sw in my Para limited gun I get 1-1/4" 10 shot groups at 25 ft.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stars were what I used until they went out. My latest is from Precision Delta and we got them for $42 per K delivered. I can't tell any difference in performance from the Stars. I have used both 115 and 124 gr with excellent results. I have been using up the 115 for minor loads and the 124s for my Major 9 loads.

I have tried Precision Bullets back when they were $36 per K and they worked fine (especially with N320) but I prefered the Stars/Prec Delta for what little extra they cost. Now for my 45 ACP loads, I use Precisions exclusively with excellent results.

I tried some sample MGs and couldn't see a reason for the added expense. They were not any more accurate than what I had been shooting. This is in my SIG P226, G17, BHP, Para P18, and my Para Major 9 gun. Seems everyone's results vary.

Craig

Edited by spd522