Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can Anybody Confirm This

johnhurd

Everyonce in a while I get a class 10 FTF, had one yesterday nwith the shorty had to use Thors hammer on the slide racker to GITFO. I case gauge every round that goes in the match pile. THe round that ejected case gauged when I got home..... whadda ya think

MG 124 JHPs

If it saves just one other person a class 10 FTF

I jsut got 10 cases and even though I am retired I hate to think about picking all the cobs out!!!!

post-3301-1153090595.jpg

Go to your neighborhood pet store and get corncob media there. I got some that is labelled as something along the lines of Rabbit Bedding. It's a larger grain corncob that doesn't stick in my hollow points and still manages to fall through my media sifter.

It took some looking and playing around with various bags but the right stuff is out there. Don't give up!

Really? Holy Cow, who's product?

That is just poor QC IMO. Find a new bullet manufacture... if you didn't have 10 cases of the garbage. Now you need to call them and be nice and give them a chance to make it right.

That is unacceptable in my book. I got a piece stuck in my frame once from some hp's I tumbled, it locked it up so tight it took an hour to get it apart.

I just received 20k MG 124 gr JHP's. Not a sign of corncob media anywhere. I have never heard of JHP's coming from the factory this way. Maybe there was a muy mistako?

THese are the last of a prior batch I hope you are right and this batch has none. But the last 4 cases had these sprinkled in the entire lot.

John,

with all the time you have on your hands during retirement if you just take some time out from your basket weaving and knitting classes you could sit in your swing on the porch with a case of beer and spend a nice quiet evening cleaning out the tips of your bullets. I know Thomas Moore has been seen cleaning the tip of his bullet behind the shed at the range but that's a whole different story. ;)

Really? Holy Cow, who's product?

I find some in HAPs occasionally. It's wedged in there pretty good. Shot 5K of 'em so far, hasn't been a problem in my gun. I finish tumble to remove lube, too. Maybe I'm tempting fate, but....

Yeah, IME every brand has a few. I've pulled media out of Montana Golds, Winchester JHPs and Hornady HAPs & XTPs. It can be a big problem with bottleneck cases, but so far isn't a big deal for straight-walled ones. I pick it out of match ammo and ignore it for practice ammo and don't notice a difference, though I do feel better about the match ammo. ;) Keep a dental pick or paper clip by your reloader and get 'em as they go by.

Give the Reptile Desert Blend Lizard Litter a try.

It is ground English Walnut Shells.

I bought mine at Petsmart.

As far as picking the corn media out I use an unfolded paper clip.

I t helps to have two vibratory tumblers too.

One for each media

FM

Edited by Front Man