Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Inspiration

After reading the article in Front Site about the Single Stack Nats, I have decided to start shooting some Single Stack at the few :angry: matches I get to shoot the rest of the year.

Anybody else feeling inspired?

I just ordered some extra mags and trying to figure out which holster and mag pouches I should get. Suggestions are appreciated, but I am trying to keep this a LOW BUDGET enterprise :wacko:

Me too!

Uncle Mikes holster and 2 double mag pouches on a leather belt are what I am using right now. The DOH is better but cost as much as the whole rig if you just go with Uncle Mikes stuff.

I have also pissed off everyone at our local match by constantly whining about no more than 8 rounds arrays from a single location without adding movement..... When this is done I remain very much in the thick of things with any other type/class of gun. WooHoo! :)

I am starting to feel nearly the reverse elitist as a roundgun shooter! ;)

I actually took 3 complete SS rigs to the last match I shot - just in case someone might want to shoot SS. Guns, holsters, mag pouches and ammo.... AND, one shooter did just that and shot the match with one of my guns! :P

I love the concept and equate it to Production in both intent and the "Heads Up SHooting" factor. :)

Love this Class. Put up my STI Limited gun just to get back to my roots. Using a Blade Thec holster and the Safriland Mag Pouches I Had for L-10 just moved them Around Back.

FUN! FUN! FUN!... shooting a Fat Bullet Gun!

Love this Class.

I don't see any problems with stages at the 2tap ranch for single stack shooters and the "Single Stack Classic" was a hoot. Even the wide body guys talked about how good a match it was. Even though we all shoot different divisions, it's nice to have matches that don't handicap production, L-10, or SS too much when there aren't a whole lot of numbers. The overall combined scores are still important for braggin' rights at local matches.

How MD's deal with a revolver guy is beyond me.

Edited by simonsay

I figure that reloads on a single stack are ONLY gonna make my wide body reloads seem like a piece of cake.

The downside is that I am either gonna have to find someone willing to trade out .40 ammo for the .45 ammo I need for my singlestack, or I am gonna have to get the stuff to convert my 650XL over to .45. I already have a the tool head, just need the dies, powder charge and large primer system. I REALLY don't wanna have to do that tho!!! :angry:

Merlin has 37 different machines in his loading barn...talk to him..should be able to work a deal...shipping it is the big thing I would think... :)

Personally, I love all my shooting buds, but I wouldn';t shoot any reloads except those I made...sorry, just my personal feelings... ;)

Edited by tightloop

I got my blade-tech confirmation today.. my new mag pouches are on the way.. ordered one quad, and 2 doubles, already had the DOH (as well as an old Uncle Mikes..

I'll shoot 45 until the new Schumenn barrel gets here, to change my new 10MM into my new 40

It looks like it's going to be really fun..

Just shot my first match using a S.S. with Uncle Mike's holster and mag pouches. What a hoot, I have to shoot a "Other match" for point series in production, then its single stack all the way. Finally, I can compete with my kimber and not have to deal with all that equipment race wars

stuff. ;) I've forotten how much fun it is to just shoot :)

Personally, I love all my shooting buds, but I wouldn';t shoot any reloads except those I made...sorry, just my personal feelings... ;)

Point taken, I will order the stuff from Bian tomorrow to Convert to .45

Come on Mike T. you didn't think it was funny watch me dropping mags everywhere this Sunday. I have now shot DT, Space City, Area 3, Coastal Bend(IDPA) and Summer shootout in SA with my SS Kimber. I am not going back for awhile! I love the SS life!!! Next Big match is SS match in SA and Texas Limited.

Mark-- you shoot the skinny gun pretty danged good!! I noticed your name near the TOP of the score chart. :) After shooting Production again, I realize I didn't miss it as much as I thought.....but the skinny gun does appeal to me.

We'll see if the boss lets me get one. :)

If you're thinking of putting together a single stack .45 for the new division, I stumbled on this which mostly pissed me off since I live in California, but for the rest of ya, awfully good deal. Fitted barrel, slide and frame, just add those final pieces and go to town. Probably cheaper than buying a Kimber or SA loaded to boot.

More on the Caspian website, but the main points are slide with external extractor, rail frame various parts, and add a barrel already fitted for $650.

xr.gif

dont need much more than sights, trigger group, springs, bushing, slide stop, grips and you're rolling. I want one. :(

Here's the url, and I have no affiliation with Caspian.

http://www.caspianarms.com/html/specials.html

jm

Oh jeez, forgot about the dreaded rail. Probably wouldn't cost much to get the lugs machined off...

jm

You also want to stay away from those worthless external extractors. I just don't know what's wrong with manufacturers who think they're an improvement. :wacko:

Guys the PSSD had to start somewhere. It is easier to add things than it is to take them away. The modifications for the PSSD rules are already on my computer and I will present them at the BOD meeting in October. I am confident they will address many, maybe not all, but many, of your concerns.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with the external extractor for PSSD.

Try to think positive, it makes the day go better B)

Gary