Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Svi Tiki On Miami Vice-movie

Sandro

Good Eye Sandro. I can't wait for that movie to come out.

Thanks, that gun should be very light. I saw couple TiKis on table at the FL Open, and they were nice. It should be a great carry gun...

I too had a 645.. I sold it to finance getting my Model 610. No I kind of wish I'd kept it. It wasn't all that accurate, but it would have been nice to have for Single stack. I had 8 - 8 round mags for it.

Vince

If I ever have a spare $10,000 laying around I am all over the Ti version. As it is I am saving the $5,500 up for the stainless over Ti version. Yet another gun that I must be content to lust over but never own....

I was all hot and bothered about getting a two toned Colt .38 super with comp ala Nash Bridges until I priced one out with a builder, I guess I am lucky that I didn't have the $3000 at the time. I also got over my desire to find a convertible Hemi Cuda as well, it was another $30,000!!!!

• 1 month later...

I just got back from the Theater, great movie. Michael Mann is absolutely impeccable when comes to gun fight scenes.

I remember Heat, Collateral very well because of how much attention to details there was in both movies. Miami Vice is definitely as good as far the details about guns and stuff. Jamie Foxx was awesome, sorry I can't say the same about Mr. Farrell.

Anyway, the SVI Tiki appeared about three or four times as what seems to be his carry gun, nice piece, (I wish I had one). :angry:

Sandro

Saw it last night and agree with Sandro

...great movie. Michael Mann is absolutely impeccable when comes to gun fight scenes.

I remember Heat, Collateral very well because of how much attention to details there was in both movies. Miami Vice is definitely as good as far the details about guns and stuff. Jamie Foxx was awesome, sorry I can't say the same about Mr. Farrell.

I was also left expecting an Obscure-Persality-Latino-Samurai Castillo, but the trumpet player from Collateral was ok.

Kudos to you guys that could ID the SVI gun! VERY GOOD EYES!

PS: My pal Paul Erhardt at SIG may be getting premiere tickets, sinch SIG ponied up a 551 buzz gun for Colin Farrell...take me take me!

......coincidently Crocketts very first pistol before the great Bren Ten days was a Sig 226.

I am not a really sad Miama Vice trivia geek but my excuse for knowing that is because they re ran the original Pilot over here last night ! :D

I saw it today and yes I think it is a good movie, but to be honest was let down by the lack of action I expected.

While the gun fight scene at the end was decent it was a movie gun fight scene just like the rest of them which is not what I expected of a Mann film. It was unrealistic to say the least, hiding behind cars and rounds not ripping through them. In HEAT the police cars that were shot to hell were really shot to hell, Mann and crew went out and shot the shit out of them and then filled the holes with squibs

The Captain was able to get there, get in place with two marksman to take out bad guys snipers, but it takes SWAT another 10 minutes to show up. And then the police snipers never take out any of the other bad guys???

Good movie, but not what I was hoping for in a Mann film.

I got to play with the Miami Vice guns at the SV shop last week. The Tiki is a stainless steel version instead of titanium so you can buy one for $6000 instead of $8000. Tubbs gun was a IMM .45 with iron sights and a scott grip. It was pretty cool getting to handle the actual movie pieces. The movie was entertaining as well. I also wondered why the SWAT snipers couldnt take out any other bad guys after killing the two men with the Barrett .50's.

<nerd mode on>

Crockett's first gun in the pilot was a Sig P220 European in 38 super. He was supposed to be a high end scumbag and that was a flashy "non-cop" gun at the time. Jim Zubiena, who was a consultant to the show, convinced Mann with a flyer about the Bren Ten for the series..... :ph34r: <nerd mode off>

DougC

I used to watch the series. The movie & series are a completely different style. I did like the movie, but had to remind myself this is the movie and not the series. It was shot in the style of Collateral. The movie footage shot with the boats were outstanding.

I think the gun battle lost some of it's zest when it was done at night. On "Heat" the battle was during the day and we gun folks could see details and such.

Brandon from SV told me they made up three handguns for the movie. I got to handle one of the duplicate guns and it was sweet. So was the price tag.

Now, if Michael Mann could do a modern version of the "Wild Bunch" with a mini-gun......