Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-04

Shooter Grrl

• 3 weeks later...

Just shot this today for the first time, I believe.  It is one that takes patience, thats for sure.

Open Gun

total time was 13.14    106 points    HF8.0670

Not gonna hold my breath on this one.

• 1 year later...

We shot this one today as part of a classifier match. Didn't seem too bad to me. Each string took about 4.8 seconds. Hardest part for me was remembering to hold the dot high on the hard-cover shots.

Paul, I think an 8 HF's in the 90+% range. :blink:

• 3 months later...

Shot this one at the same match Mark did Sunday. Man was it hot and muggy.

Limited gun, don't remember the string times, but it was a 4 something, 5 something, and 5 something, for a total of 15.20 with 103 points for a 6.7763 HF. If my calcs are right, should be an 84%'er nationally. Stronghand run felt pretty good, shot it right to left. Freestyle run was a little choppy. Weakhand transfer was a little tentative, and I know I need some work there. Shot weakhand left to right. I feel much more comfortable stronghand. Of course that makes sense though I guess.

Mark, again if my calculations are right, I have your run at 79.1% nationally in Open. Incidentally, thanks for letting me take a look at your open gun. I appreciate it.

Paul's run above should be about 93.8% nationally.

Well it looked good from a little ways down the firing line for sure. I actually looked up the results (they are up now here, and they show you as having 104 points instead of 106 for a HF of 6.6752 rather than 6.8. That should be 77.619% nationally I think. Still A class land. Nice work!

Shot it with my foo-foo gun today, went for all Alphas, time be damned. Dropped one C on the full target and three Bs on the partials:

A Open 116 0 16.12 7.1960

This is the part where I bitch and moan about how unfair it is that the harder targets (upper A/B zones) score less points than the targets three times the size (lower A zones). :angry:

This is also the part where I tell everybody to zero their dot sights for these 7 yard head shots and nobody listens to me and bitches about dropping Misses low into the black or, at best, shooting all Bs. :mellow:

Edited by Erik Warren

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Shot this one in Limited again yesterday. It's been a little over 7 months since I last saw it.

Don't remember the strings except the last one (4.11), but the other two were in the 4's as well. 109 points in 13.03 seconds for a HF of 8.3653. Significantly better than my run last July. (103 in 15.20).

I came out of the holster slow on the 1st string (stronghand) and shot a slow second shot, but accelerated through to the end of the string. The freestyle run felt smooth and solid. I pushed a bit weakhand and got a little sloppy but managed to keep them on the paper. I remember the weakhand string was the quickest of the three but the other two weren't far off.

Bryant

I actually have it as a 97 and change. Are you sure your HHF is right? I think it might be enough for the "big G" though anyway. We'll see.

Edit: Matt, you are indeed correct. My HHF for this one must be wrong. It did go in as 100%.

• 1 month later...

We shot this one last month. Now I know why Matt put this classifier on his easiest classifier list. I don't have the hit factors in front of me but I just about choked when I saw the per centages on the USPSA Website. I shot the match with my Open blaster and managed 80% with a Mike. Makes me wonder what would of happened if I could have hit the target. :lol:

I told the RO I thought I could go get my truck gun (CZ75B) and do better. He told me to pony up the classifier fees, grab a score sheet and knock myself out. I did do better with 112 pts., 14.36 seconds, 7.7994 hit factor.

Shot this one again this past weekend. Different club, only 5 weeks since I last saw it at my home club. Didn't feel like I had anything to prove. This was the one that got me my GM card anyway. It's definitely a good one for me.

Limited

113 points in 13.48 for a HF of 8.3828

.45 seconds slower than before, but 4 more points and an almost identical (slightly better) HF

The stronghand string went really well. All A's in 3.7 something, which is at least a half second faster than my previous run. Freestyle and Weakhand were both in the high 4's, slightly slower than before. I dropped most if not all of the points free style shooting B's skirting around the upper A zone.

My only real comment is I definitely think it is best to shoot stronghand R-L and weakhand L-R on this one, as it is most times if possible. Let the gun recoil into the direction you want it going next, if that makes sense. A search of course will turn up more information. There were many different variations in my squad, R-L or L-R all strings, the exact opposite of the order I used, etc, and I don't think they make as much sense. I shot Freestyle R-L but I don't know that it matters as much for that one. Just whatever is comfortable.

• 3 weeks later...

I think they are going to need to recalculate the high hit factor on this one...

Here is how it shook out in today's classification recalc:

Dave Sevigny - 100%

Chris Patty - 100%

Roger Kooi - 96.2662

Here is the local match stage scores from Saturday the 8th (Cherokee Gun Club in Gainesville, GA)

1 Dave Sevigny M Open 107 0 10.64 10.0564 120.0000 100.00%

2 Chris Patty M Open 109 0 11.55 9.4372 112.6113 93.84%

3 Roger Kooi A Open 114 0 13.77 8.2789 98.7896 82.32%

My first GM classifier seems to not really be...Dave sent that HHF over 10!!!!