Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-56

ErikW

99-56.gif

I drew to T1, then smoked PP1, PP2, then T2 leaving the box. (I threw a D on T2.) About 8 feet from the port I yelled, "Oh shit!" as I realized I was shooting Limited 10 and I made a late reload. Then I sinned by dropping two Ds at point blank range. What was surely going to be a GM level classifier (seven-something seconds) was ruined by shooting Dogs and forgetting to reload. It was still easily a high M without the D hits.

Shot it again in Limited and had to make up a popper so it took me 8 or 9 seconds.

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken Link

We shot a very similar stage in a local match last year.  I think we had a NS stuck in behind the wall.  We also had four or five barrels forming a wall (L to R) right in front of the A box.

After shoting the targets from the A box, and going around the barrels, I was able to get low enough to pick up a target before I got to port B (thru the port).  That saved me just enough time to get the stage win.

------

I just dug up the score.  It was an 80 point stage for us.  We must have had another popper on each side and an extra paper through the port.

(Edited by Flexmoney at 4:45 pm on April 1, 2002)

I shoot L10 and did it in 11.65, no penalities with a score of 55.

I have a lot of work ahead of me..

KC Eusebio did it in 5.99

Wow.

This sport is amazing.

Shooter ready???

Stand by.............

• 1 year later...

Youth is wasted on the young...5.99 seconds is amazing.

I shot this with a revolver and then and open blaster yesterday. I drew to the popper on the left side and rode the recoil to the paper, then went to the popper on the right side and then the paper. I hate to leave on steel. I had a lousy draw and the cylinder rolled like crap on the last shot on the second side so I two staged the trigger and hesitated to keep from missing. My poor physical conditioning kicked my butt as I jogged up to the port fumbling around with the reload. I was just closing the cylinder as I knelt down at the port so I went into warp drive and managed 5 A's and 1 C with .20-22 splits and .20-.23 transitions. That's good for me with a revolver and at least it sounded cool. The hits were good down 3 points and the hit factor was 6.250. That should be in the neighborhood of 81 per cent.

The open run was a disaster of Biblical proportions with a hit factor of 3.17, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

LIMITED-10

58pts in 6.69sec for a HF of 8.6697 (102%)

Shooting from right to left (I just index better that way)

paper,steel,steel, paper (leaning foward on that last shot to get out of the box .10 earlier)

• 4 months later...

Limited, shot left to right, paper steel, steel paper, RUN hose em quick through the port, ouch, how did I get a D hit that close?

55 points, 7.01 seconds - 7.845 HF

Easily one of my best Limited classifiers I'm guessing.

I'll never know it seems, USPSA has "lost" my last 2 classifiers sent in.... the club screwed up the scoring somehow. :wacko:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I tanked this one on Sunday. Drew to the left paper, and shot left to right across the 2 papers and 2 steels. Started running to the port and decided to save time by running a bit to the left, and then running toward the right while shooting through the port without actually getting right up on it.

Managed to shoot a Delta Mike on the center target behind the port (and 2 A on the left target...must have been looking and thinking about the last target as I engaged the middle target).

[Edit: Shooting Limited] 47 points (plus 10 point penalty, for 37 points), 9.18 sec. 4.0305 PF. Bleah. Can that be as high as 47% (my calc based on Jake and sfinney's posts above)? [Edit again: yes, it works out to 47.4176%...I'd like to shoot this one again...I could probably push 70% with a clean run]

What's the consensus on shooting the last 3 targets? Is it faster to just get to the port and shoot all 3 from one spot, or is it faster to shoot from behind the port and move from one side to the other? I'm pretty sure it's "safer" to shoot the former way.

DogmaDog

• 4 months later...

This happens to be one of my best classifiers.

I won it at the local match.

I drew and rolled through T1-T2 and the PP's.

I forgot that I was shooting Limited.

I thought I was still shooting L10.

I dropped my mag on the way to the port, reloaded and finished in less than 7sec.

87.3224%

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Shot this today, 7.75 for limited I think 3 points down, 7.35HF and the calculator puts it at 86+% nationally.

6.89 for open 3 points down, 8.333HF the calculator puts it at 87+% nationally.

Edited by TMC

• 1 year later...

Shot this today in production and limited 10

Production was 9As, 1C, 2S, in 10.49 with minor 40

Limited 10 was 8As, 2C, 2S, in 10.45 with major 40

Production legal XD tactical.

According to the calculator:

68.4706 Production

65.2965 L10

Better than what I thought.

Dropping Points really hurts you on this one!

Edited by steel1212

• 1 month later...

shot this today at Titusville.

55 points in 7.19 (extra shot, bad launch). 7.6495 hf

Ohio says 89.99% (which SHOULD do it.... but as I have previously embarrassed myself for believing I will refrain until it posts.)

• 1 year later...
Limited - 10 A - 2 C Time 7.30

Production - 10 A - 1 C - 1 D 7.25

Anyone know where these will land. Not hpong for much...Too slow.

ANy takers.................

Pat

I show Limited 93.473%

Production 92.2378%

Great runs !!

• 3 months later...