Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is This For Real?

BigDave

Yeah, it's for real. Between the collectors and the shooters, the 610s (especially the 5") are awfully high-priced these days. Bet that one goes up even more over the next six hours....

Wow.. wonder what my factory 3" 610 would bring...

Probably about the same price. The 3" 610 and the 5" 610 with fluted cylinder are very collectible. In regards to the 3", you can't even buy a S&W produced 3" barrel. (I tried) Unfortunately, this is driving the prices out of sight for those that wish to shoot.

Regards,

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

I 'thought' I was pretty much up to speed on 610 variations. This is the first I have seen or heard of a 6 1/2" fluted cylinder. A cylinder or barrel change maybe, or did S&W make such a configuration for sale to the general public ?

I 'thought' I was pretty much up to speed on 610 variations. This is the first I have seen or heard of a 6 1/2" fluted cylinder. A cylinder or barrel change maybe, or did S&W make such a configuration for sale to the general public ?

The first run of 610's were 5 inch an 6.5 inch barreled, a whole lot less 5 inch guns were

produced (I think somebody said 300 ?).

They had the old hammer mtd firing pins, non-MIM parts,

AND ! ! ! a bigger head space (but I'm only complaining ;) )

The newer 610's have the hunter style cylinders and have 3, 4 and 6.5 inch long barrels.

And the prices are CRAZY :wacko:

Thank you Dave. I never had a 6 1/2 inch first run fluted in my shop and have never seen or heard of one until now so I'm obviously not up to speed on 610 variants and still learning. Strange thing, last week I had 3, 5" fluted 610's in my shop, 2 were customers and one is mine. Of the two customer 610's one was local the other 60 miles from my shop. It was 5" 610 week for some reason. I did own a 6 1/2" with a hunter cylinder but thought it to heavy. I sold it to a gentleman in AZ a few years ago and he kicked my butt with it in an AZ USPSA match, right Rudy ;) I also had a Lew Horton commissioned 3" that I 'gave' away a year or so ago. Oh well.

Thank you Dave. I never had a 6 1/2 inch first run fluted in my shop and have never seen or heard of one until now so I'm obviously not up to speed on 610 variants and still learning. Strange thing, last week I had 3, 5" fluted 610's in my shop, 2 were customers and one is mine. Of the two customer 610's one was local the other 60 miles from my shop. It was 5" 610 week for some reason. I did own a 6 1/2" with a hunter cylinder but thought it to heavy. I sold it to a gentleman in AZ a few years ago and he kicked my butt with it in an AZ USPSA match, right Rudy ;) I also had a Lew Horton commissioned 3" that I 'gave' away a year or so ago. Oh well.

If any of those 5 inch 610's end up back in your shop on consignment give me hollar :P

It is insane what they are getting for 610's these days and it makes you wonder if S&W

see's what's going on. You never hear of 610's sitting around in warehouses !

Wow this thread made me feel good. I picked up a S&W 610 no dashes on the model number. 6.5 inch barrel fluted cylinder, fixed firing pin, last September for only $520. It was in very nice condition with on a little bit of finish scuffs/holster wear. It has been a great shooter and I have had a lot of fun in the revolver division with it. Did not realize they were suddenly going for so much.

mcb