Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-49

TDean

Shot it with a foo-foo gun yesterday...

16 Warren, Erik  31  A  Open  80  0  11.55  6.9264  67.3694  74.85%  

Nailed the first two passes, flubbed the reload before going weak hand, couldn't find the dot, shot the weak hand pass without dot, dropped Cs and Ds. Compare to my 9-second runs with a Limited gun.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going off memory here...I shot this today with my G35.

Kyle F.

A44001

B-class

I mangaged to shoot this with one point down.  The first shot on the weak hand string was a C.  It felt like it took me forever.  I even had my head down, looking at my belt on the second reload.

89 points in 11.97 seconds (I think)...for a hit factor of 7.4353

I was looking for more...but, I guess that is all I had in me today.

(edit)

I want to add that I had I had a pretty clear sight picture for every shot.  Which, at four yards, is likely over-kill.  It slowed me down.  

(edit part II)

Well, the score came out.  I did have my time wrong (I wasn't sure about that).  And, it looks like I was scored a D instead of a C...of course, it is my responsability to check my score sheet.

So...

Kyle Farris, A44001, B-class, Glock35, major, Limited

87   0  10.96   7.9380  

(Edited by Flexmoney at 1:01 pm on May 7, 2002)

• 2 weeks later...

This classifier was part of the Alabama State Match this weekend.  I shot this with a G35 in Lim-10 division.  Shot it in the rain with bagged targets but honestly I couldn't have shot it much better than I did even under better conditions.

Time:  9.57

HF:  8.5684

Don't remember much about the draw or reloads so they must have been OK.  I did whack one D on the next to last target during the weak hand pass.  This is a fun classifier.

later update:  85.684% per USPSA

(Edited by cpty1 at 7:40 am on Nov. 8, 2002)

I shot this one in Alabama too, but the conditions were much better than when Chris shot it.  SV in Limited:

Time: 10.54

HF: 8.0645

I shot left to right on all 3 passes.  Dropped one C strong hand (4th or 5th target) and one D and another C weakhand.  I felt good and relaxed and liked everything except my transfer to weakhand which was SLOW and of course the D I shot weakhand.  Should be about 85% nationally.

Edit: thanks to Kyle's post below, it appears that it will be 80.645% nationally

(Edited by DBChaffin at 12:46 pm on May 7, 2002)

Hi guys,

A little help if possible. I shot my open gun for the first time in about 5 years at a match Sunday and the classifier was 99-49. I am trying to find out about what percentage it would be.

8.93sec, 88 points, HF @ 9.8544

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Hey...looks like the high hit factor may have been adjusted up this year (for Limited anyway).  Seem like a shooter could take their hf and move the decimal point to get the national percentage.

Any jerky-boys fans out there? (I said ten...liverlips)

• 1 month later...
Guest LarryC

I'm confused on this classifier. According to the COF from the USPSA website, you shoot 6, reload, shoot 6, reload, and shoot 6 again weak hand only. There is no strong hand only on the 2nd string. Is this correct? Intuitively, you would think that you would shoot the 2nd string strong hand only, but it is not called for in the course description. A couple of the posts above mention the strong hand only string.

What's the story?

• 2 weeks later...

I shot this classifier a month or two ago and scored a 96%. 2 years ago I shot it with a single stack and scored an 86%.. I believe my time was an 8.5 with 8 pts. down that was this time Idon't remember  the time from 2 yrs. ago. I'm not  quite sure about that , I know it was 8. something ,  with a40 cal. Infinity  w/ full length dust cover . It is definitley a fun one , allI cansay is feelit , know what your going to do and then let go ......have fun

• 3 weeks later...

Shot this one again Saturday at a local club match.  Seems like every time I shoot this classifier, I do so in the rain.  Anyway....shot production, Glock 34, Uncle Mike's holster, left to right on all three strings. Draw was OK, nothing great, first reload felt pretty good, second one wasn't quite as smooth.

84 points

11.19 seconds

7.5067 HF

later update:  79.018% per USPSA

(Edited by cpty1 at 7:41 am on Nov. 8, 2002)

• 4 weeks later...

Flex-You're correct about moving the decimal point, it works for L10 anyway.  Just checked and my percentage for the above performance is 59.328.

Man, I am 'this close'.  Though my actual average is right at 50.  Got till Nov to see what happens.  I would sure like to start out 2003 in 'B'.

Joe

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Limited 10 - 9.83 sec, 86 points, 8.74 h.f., 87.4%

Limited      - 9.61 sec, 83 points, 8.63 h.f., 86.3%

This was farely easy and was the third time that I shot it in my two years shooting.  It's nice to see my HF going up everytime I shoot it.

• 5 months later...

We had a special classifier match yesterday and 3QuarterTime was smart enough to pick this as one of 'em! FINALLY a classifier I can almost shoot well.

I shot my new Kimber and it functioned nicely, but I could not stuff the magazines in it to save my life. Apparently I loaded badly at approximately the same speed on both runs. As usual, I used my trusty Blade-Tech belt scabbard to produce my snail-like drawing speed!

Limited-10:

Time: 13.35 sec

Hit Factor: 6.0674

Re-shoot as Limited:

Time: 13.29 sec

Hit Factor: 6.0948

Could one of you classifier smarties tell me my respective percentages, please?

Rhino,

It is obvious that you need to stick to the "tactical" L-10 class. That extra 3 hundredths of a second you spent horsing around in Limited class could be crucial someday.

PS why is the rhino blue?

Rhino,

It is obvious that you need to stick to the "tactical" L-10 class. That extra 3 hundredths of a second you spent horsing around in Limited class could be crucial someday.

PS why is the rhino blue?

Part 1: You are correct. A man needs to keep his priorities in focus! You never know when the hordes of spikey haired mutants are going to come pouring over the ridge . . . ;)

Part 2: If I had to guess, I might say that he's blue because he's gone way too long without "any" and the condition is spreading. :blink::unsure::rolleyes::huh:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've gotta shoot this one next week at the Tenn. St. Championship , so I figured I'd give it a whirl today in practice. First Run - 10.05 / 80 pts. Second - 9.45 / 83 , then I practiced some reloads and weak hand transfers. Third run - 8.76 / 88 for a hf just over 10 with my limited gun. Wow those targets go zipping by. My freestyle transitions were .28 - .30 on both passes and weak hand around .36 - .40. Draw was 1.18 , first reload 1.14 and weak hand transfer/reload 1.62 . If I shoot that well in the match it will definetely get thrown out by the USPSA because my current percentage is in the 50's. I think the key to this classifier is locking onto the A- zone with your eyes before your gun gets there and then just keep them moving to the next A- zone as fast as you can and don't wait to see where your bullet went. Of coarse speedy reloads help too. I have no idea what a fast time for a weak hand transfer reload is , but about 1.50 was as fast as I could go in practice and still see what I was shooting. Shooting right handed and being a natural lefty probably helps too. Now if I can just learn to do it when it counts.

Bill