Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-49

TDean

Don't laugh?? This is my third year and this weekend: Open 86pts. 11.02secs, HF 7.8040 That is the best I can do! Transition after reload to weak had is the killer, would love a 1.5sec reload/transfer!

Mark

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Rhino, I had a pre 'gasm. I was very happy with the run, then I came to this thread and got an idea of the national average and realized that this is waaay to close to an A score...... so I 'gasm'ed myself without knowing it!

• 3 weeks later...

Shot this one recently....

With My G34 in Production

86 points 10.23 seconds for 8.41 hf.

Without a doubt the best classifier I've ever shot.....

Then I shot it later in Limited 10,,,,not sure how many points I dropped, but the time was 9.46. At the time I was thinking the hf would be between 8 and 9.

Byron

• 2 weeks later...

7 Grimes, French 15 C Production 80 0 11.15 7.1749

I dunno if this is one of the easier classifiers. It sucks folks in by looking easy and they forget how to reload and the weakhand transition. Saw lots of misses and fumbled reloads, people thinking fast, faster than they could shoot. So, easy as heck if it goes right. Three middle targets were 3A, towards the end there was some junk.

This is the only Qualifier I've ran with my open gun (had it for 2 weeks)

Time 13.16

Points 86

Hit Factor 6.5350

I don't know where I'll end up with that. I somehow bumbled a reload big time. I think the Limcat Mag Sucker is a little small for me. Can I get a bigger mag well? :rolleyes:

I hope I at least make C class with that.

Jim

I think you are all telling fishing stories. We shot this a two different clubs two weeks in a row and here are my results.

Glock 35 Production setup:

C Production 78 0 14.50 5.3793

And this weekend:

B Open 90 0 14.19 6.3425

I thought I was hauling a**

The best run at the club was from a upcoming junior

Nakabayashi, Bryan 15 B Open 77 0 9.57 8.0460

We must really suck for you all to be doing this on your first classifier

Rob <_<

He thinks they are stretching the truth a bit; probably in the time they show...

A fish story...a bit fishy...you get it.

Oh!

Well, I know exactly how fast I shot it (I posted it here from my scoresheets!), and I know that most of you guys are faster than I am!

So no fish stories here!

I shot this one last month at my third USPSA match.

Lim-10 with a .45 singlestack

89 points/16.26 sec/5.47 HF

I really need to work on my ultra slow draw. That was also the second time I've ever done strong/weak hand transfer.

One more classifier to go and then I'll get a card!

Josh

• 1 month later...

Ran this today twice.

Production run - 80 points in 9.99 seconds. Should come in at 84.2%...this should put me into Master Production at the next update!!!

Limited run - 82 points in 10.22 seconds. Should come in at a little over 80%.

Really need to work on transfers to weak hand...2nd reload in the Limited run was bobbled by the mag pouch coming out with the mag. <_<

• 2 months later...

Just shot this one today in 4 divisons am left handed so all was shot fromleft to right except the weak hand right to left. Limited 87 points, 11.40 sec......... Limited-10 77 points, 11.47 sec.........Production 86 points, 13.31 sec.......... Revolver 84points 14.74 sec.

• 1 month later...

I set this classifier up for last months match. Probably a bad idea with the sectional match coming up and me already at 59.881%. Of course I shot it at 70.445% and moved into "B" class by 3% the day before the match.

Limited, 9.47 with a few Cs and an extra shot for a HF of 7.7

Honestly, I thought someone had put up seven targets after I fired the 7th shot in a freestyle pass. I must have subconsciously made up a miss with the same split (transition) time as all the other freestyle shots. It is spooky weird. Somebody wondered why I paused during the run and that was probably when the hamster was turning the wheel in my head trying to figure out why I fired 7 shots. Then I fumbled a reload.

Stay back in the box to get a shallower angle on the targets. Being forward causes a wider angle and requires more swinging of the gun. During LAMR, take a weak-hand sight picture and snap through the freestyle target transitions. After the beep, look for each A zone. This is point shooting using your index, but it still helps to see the sight or dot.