Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dealing With Family During The Holiday

Calamity Jane

I can't explain it but there are certain members of my family who make me nuts. :wacko: I try to avoid being around these people but some times it just can't be avoided. Today was one of those days.

The brownies are in the oven as I type this.....and I think about 250-300 rounds down range might be the cure.

Give me a +1 if you know the stress I'm talking about.

In general, families seem to suck... People with actual nice, happy families who truly care about one another and act like it are extremely lucky...

My wife and I are driven nuts by our respective immediate families... ;) 2 days is about the maximum exposure we can take, and we're always certain to stay in a hotel room, now, so that we can escape when things get stupid....

I can't explain it but there are certain members of my family who make me nuts. :wacko: I try to avoid being around these people but some times it just can't be avoided. Today was one of those days.

The brownies are in the oven as I type this.....and I think about 250-300 rounds down range might be the cure.

+1

200 rounds at the steel match would have been much better! Get rid well soon. :D

+1, We know who your talking about. Us husbands can be real pains in the a$$ :lol::P:P

Sorry David couldn't resist

Although I am not the culprit this particular time, I have been, can be, and probably will be again in the future! :D

Some family members just seem to thrive on DRAMA. :wacko:

Now that i'm no longer married, i have 4 relatives i no longer have to deal with come Turkey and Christmas time. My ex 2 years ago refused to have Thanksgiving dinner at our house because she hated her brothers wife and did not want her Kids over to ruin the house.

Nice, huh? <_<

Hey, be glad you ahve to wait till the holidays to be annoyed by family.

Even in happy families, everyone has someone who rubs them the wrong way. I've got more than a few myself. Most of my family that I get along with live pretty far away, I don't know if that's coincidence or a contributing factor ;)

An ex-inlaw, for whom I really did not care for, said it best, "Relatives are like fish, they should be thrown out of the house after three days"

Another great quote, "you can pick your nose, you can pick your toes, but you can't pick your relatives"

Since I stopped drinking, I have become more intolerant. Luckily our range is open all the time. I am enjoying the holidays a lot less when relatives are around. I am using the holidays now to plan trips out of town so I do not have to put up with them.

My sister drives me crazy.

Some family members just seem to thrive on DRAMA. :wacko:

That's my sister. if she can't find some drama, she just creates her own..... and always at a vocal volume level about three clicks higher than necessary.

Since I stopped drinking, I have become more intolerant.

Nahhh... you just couldn't fully appreciate what assholes they really were when you were imbibed with liquid anesthetic......... :lol:

• 1 month later...
Fourth of July. Got family staying with me for 3 days. Bought 3 boxes of brownies and a 12 pack of beer at the store. Hope it will be enough to get me through.

Use the special "homemade" brownies for the relief you seek.... B)

Fourth of July. Got family staying with me for 3 days. Bought 3 boxes of brownies and a 12 pack of beer at the store. Hope it will be enough to get me through.

One of my daughters visited me today. We had a very nice lunch, conversation 5 hour visit and then she drove back to Indy. Perfect family visit! :)

12 beers won't last the afternoon...need about 4 cases for the holiday, depending on the number, sex and age of the partiers..figure .75 case for each male under 30, .5 case for each female under 30 and half a case for every other person..that and the special brownies might turn the trick......

You need to listen to Merlin...that guy has been there and done that... :lol: