Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-10

BigDave

Froglegs,

When you are lifting your leg to leave the first box which target are you shooting at? I think that is why I had a mike. I shifted my weight and pulled the shot but as I am unaccustomed to doing this I waited until the last target before lifting my leg to leave the box.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

redmist10, I found out what I did. I was planted in the box on both sides the second target on both sides were the one with the mike I had even splits all the way. the mikes would've landed horizontally on the target with the other hits but I was moving the gun to the last one and didn't give the middle target the respect in demanded. thanks

• 3 months later...

DP, you're at 100% on this one.

I shot this about a month ago and, IIRC, made up two shots. Shot slow and moved slow. Started in the left box and on the close targets in both arrays. Shoulda drawn to the far target on the left array and left the box as I was picking up the close target. Limited, 57 points, 9.47s, 6.0190 HF. Looks to be 63.36% nationally. It's nice that I remember this as not feeling all that great. :)

well, before I turn this one in I want to check it out. <_<

The diagram says EACH box is 8' off the center line, but there is a possibility that they only put them 8' apart total. I have seen this error before and it may have happened here, but I forgot to check.

I'll get back to you guys on this one. ***OK, I just saw the video, and it definately does not LOOK like there is 16 feet to move between boxes. I move to strike my earlier posting on the grounds it may be found to be BS and humiliate me. I"ll repost once I have a real run.***

On the other hand I did shoot a 4.71 / 48 El Prez and a 5.19 / 55 Raw Deal, so I was putting up good runs, sloppy but fast enough to score well.

***edit AGAIN, I shot this is Frostproof on July 10, and it was the same distance and low 5 or high 4 is definitely do-able. SmittyFL ran a 4.95 / 52 (but then he IS SMittyFL) so I know it's possible. I wish I could get my 4.99 / 52 and the 4.71 El Prez from December turned in. I guess they won't make it. That club shut down.***

Edited by dirtypool40

• 1 month later...

Shot this one in L10 yesterday. Had three misses and zeroed the classifier. Someone was way too greedy and tried to go too fast. :D

After the match a couple of guys who were shooting a second gun were blasting at the classifier as was a fellow who experienced gun failure. One of my buddies asked me why I sold my Production gun when I was so close to moving up and we chatted. He said, "Here, take my G17 and some ammo and go make GM". I did a dozen dry draws in the safe area then shot the classifier with the borrowed gun. The hit factor was 8.5 and change. Not enough for GM, but it was really cool doing so well the first time I shot the gun.

• 3 weeks later...

I shot this today and managed a Mike on the last target from the first box ... a bit too eager to leave the box, and I was tired as it was the last stage. I also had crappy hits and dropped about another 5 points.

Oh well, I thought, at least it won't count. But if I remember rightly, I shot it in just under 6.1 .... and unless I'm misremembering somthing, that'll come out to about 60% which is exactly what I wouldn't want - so I'm hoping my points were even worse or I missed a 1 in front of my time!

I suppose I must be improving if my complete screw ups count towards my classification :wacko:

I just checked and it's close to worse case: 57%. I really must remember to slow down if I'm going to shoot badly :blink: If I wanted to sandbag, I could be so good at it ...

Kevin

• 1 month later...

Recorded my first 100% classifier.

LIMITED 10

STI Trojan .45ACP (with a single stack as L10 should be)

57 pts // 5.93

All I remember is it was a clean run. I drove the gun hard and was focusing on A zones. The reload was done well before the second box and I was driving the gun again. When I was done I figured it was a damn respectable run. I didn't think it was a 100% run. I suppose it just goes to show that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

TY31488

• 1 month later...

Shot it today at my local monthly match. Open 7.38 / 54 points / 7.3171HF Im shooting in 'C' class now and really want to move up.

Started in the left box. Shot T1-T3 right to left w/ shooting T1 on one foot while i was exiting the box. Then i shot T3-T6 right to left w/ shooting T6 as i was entering the box.

What does that come out to Jake?

Just remembered that the movement from Box A to Box B was a little uphill.

Edited by stingerjg

Shot it today at my local monthly match. Open 7.38 / 54 points / 7.3171HF  Im shooting in 'C' class now and really want to move up.

Started in the left box. Shot T1-T3 right to left w/ shooting T1 on one foot while i was exiting the box. Then i shot T3-T6 right to left w/ shooting T6 as i was entering the box.

What does that come out to Jake?

Just remembered that the movement from Box A to Box B was a little uphill.

Go here: http://ohiouspsa.com/calculator_scripts/percentage.php

• 4 weeks later...

Lim10: 55pts in 7.04s for a HF of 7.8125 and 82.2367% - by far my best classifier ever, this and a 70%-er on 99-46 (close quarter standards) I shot alongside it last weekend will probably get me out of C. :)

- Gabe

• 1 month later...

Shot this again in frostproof, slippery ground so I moved sloooooow, and it was in open this time where (odd as it seems) I am less aggressive. Still the run of 5.79 / 54 skates in at the low end of "M" class around 87.16%.

I'm not looking to jump into open with a new gun and "G" card so put this with my 91, and 93.5% runs from the last two matches and I should come out with an "M" when things post.

SmittyFL smoked a 4.95 / 52 on this. I think it's the only stage his gun ran on.

• 1 month later...

Shot this Saturday in Standard.

5.72 sec, 56 points, 9.79 hf.

Should be over the "hun" Ohio calculator says 102%.

Dumped the Open gun in the sand when we went to switch so I could run it with that. Sorry Dan, it really was a nice piece.

• 1 month later...

Holy cow... been shooting like poop lately. So bad that my percentage went from 66% to 61% in a matter of seconds...

Shot this one today. Started in the left box, shot far to near, leaving on the close target... right box near to far.

Open B

6.4 sec 57 points 8.9063

Looks about an 83%

Nice way to come out of a big slump!

:D

• 6 months later...

I shot this one yesterday as a part of a special classifier:

Limited division: "B" class shooter

6.54 seconds (was slow between the boxes) or was it because I didn't squeeze the trigger as quickly as I could have as the front site was sitting on the closest target.

I shot is near to far both sides. Cadence is key on this stage.

8A's 4C's

hit factor 8.5626

Ohio calculator puts this at 90.1325%

Open division: (previously unclassified)

6.30 seconds

9A's 3C's

hit factor: 9.0476

Ohio calculator put this at 84.557%

Shot this AGAIN this past weekend. I have been working on movement and really expected to "hun" it in around 5.0 with the points. But I was just kinda lethargic all day and couldn't get the wheels or the DRAW!! :rolleyes: moving. Blah blah blah, new gun, blah blah blah, last stage, hot day, blah blah blah (insert your own favorite excuse here). You get the point.

However, this club does post their classifiers, so it should go in and won't hurt things. Still, I feel I could run it ten times and this would be on the low end of average.

1 Jones, Matt 18 B Open 50 0 5.58 8.9606 60.0000 100.00% (BLKBRD)

2 Stanley, Eric 29 M Limited 55 0 6.27 8.7719 58.7365 97.89% (DIRTYPOOL40)

Ohio says Matty ripped off an 83.7%, and will not have that "B" card for long.

Mine comes in at 92.3%. I also ran a very careful 83.5% in prod ( I REALLY need to think about learning to load a Glock if I want to shoot well :unsure: . Kevin, any help??).

Edited by dirtypool40

I shot it 5.82 down 7 this weekend - not in a match, though... 85%-ish. Open (BTW)... Gotta clean it in 5 for 100%... Gotta work my box to box stuff and control on position entry to improve this one (oh, yeah, and the points... :) )

• 1 month later...

Shot this last week at Indian territory in Duke Oklahoma. My second match in USPSA. Shot it in 9.26 sec, dropped 4 points for a total of 56. Dont know where this stands for classification since it is my first classifier. Shot limited with a glock 20 10mm.

• 1 month later...

Shot this one today with all 60 points in 6.83 seconds. It was the fourth stage of the match and I had no idea what a good score would be at the time. I could calculate the draw, splits, and transitions, but I had no idea on the movement. If everything else were on par, I figure the movement at a little over 2.5 seconds. This one seems easy somehow.

HF 8.7848

92.4714% according to the Ohio calculator.

I had what I would call a bad draw and found it difficult to get the gun up coming into the second box. Turned out much better than I thought.

Fingers crossed on the elusive M card...

Edited by fomeister

• 6 months later...

Well, not as quick, and I tried to put up the points, but a damned delta crept in there on the entry target.

9.4139 hf, with 53 points and I think around a 5.6 time.

Ohio says 99.09%, that should be the one that does it for me.

My movement has improved, I like how I enter positions, but even BlkBird commented on how I kinda mozied out of the first box. Without the "D" or with a crisp .5 sec off the time it's a smoker. Still, I can't be TOO pissed. ;)

Jeff Degracia got it on tape, I'll try to post it this week.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...