Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3 Gun Match

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boy, did I open a can of worms. . . There are only 2 questions on the forum, but there are 48 in my email inbox :blink: .

I'll answer the most common questions here & send individual email to those of you who are not covered by this response:

1. Stages will be posted by November 1st on the match website. (If I get them up sooner, I will send out an email message to all shooters, just like I did for the round counts)

2. There are 2 rifle only stages, 2 shotgun only stages, one pistol only stage & the remaining 4 are multigun combinations (two or 3 gun).

3. All the shotgun slugs are NOT on one stage.

4. We still don't know if we can shoot at 300 yards. Essentially, we designed 2 rifle stages with identical round counts & one is long range & the other is 50 to 75 yards (a rifle field course). The AMU tells me they expect approval any day now (yeah, right! <_< ). . . When I know -- I'll share the information.

5. I will NOT be posting a squad list. I actually do not start squadding anyone until the Monday or Tuesday before the match, so that I can deal with last minute changes. Trust me that I always honor all squad requests, unless they will exceed the maximum squad size of 10. If you have questions about squadding, email me off forum.

6. No one asked this question, but I wanted to say how pleased I am with the match staff that volunteered for this match. I have never worked with a better, more experience group.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in December

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Ft. Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

Side matches: Current plans are to have one pistol side match, one rifle side match & one shotgun side match. There is the possibility of a second shotgun side match (once space & staff issues are worked out).

Most of the side matches will be cash payouts by sighting system on your firearm (for example: rifle with or without optics, or Pistol with optics vs iron/fiber optic sights). The amount paid back will depend on the number of shooters who participate in that particular side match.

Because we have 13 squads and 9 stages, at any given hour, 40 shooters will be free to shoot side matches or browse the vendor area. We want to be sure you have plenty of extra options to shoot.

P.S. Bring more ammo!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

Edited by LChico

4. We still don't know if we can shoot at 300 yards. Essentially, we designed 2 rifle stages with identical round counts & one is long range & the other is 50 to 75 yards (a rifle field course). The AMU tells me they expect approval any day now (yeah, right! <_< ). . . When I know -- I'll share the information.

Just heard from Match Director SFC Aaron Hampton today -- we will have a long range rifle stage (350 yards)! :)

I will format the stages for the internet & should post on the match website by the end of this week.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Ft. Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

Being an out of towner, I have 2 dumb newbe questions !

Firstly what size flash(?) targets will be used at 350yds - we dont use them over here so it would be nice to get an idea of what to expect and secondly what are the elements like in the South US in early December, warm, cold, wet ???

- or should I pack like going to SMM - hot sun, cool, rain, snow and sleet !! :rolleyes:

Mike, georgia can be like UK sometimes that late in the year. generally the 350 yard targets are pretty big, probably at least 6-7cm :lol: kinda like the shotgun targets in greece ;)

glad i could help you out buddy....... :rolleyes:

trapr

p.s. the weather part is true

Mike, pack for anything from 80 deg. F. to 30 deg.F. sun to rain/sleet, it is in the high 40's to low 50's as I write this (9:45 AM CST 10/25/06) With all the out of towners and easterners the targets should be huge (9 to 12 inches). Have a bit of practice when you arrive (1000 rnds or so) and it will all be good. Keith

Okay -- Targets on the long range rifle stage will be 10 inch & 12 inch plates (25 cm to 30 cm for our International shooters) :)

All the guesses on the weather, unfortunately, were pretty accurate. It could be 80 degrees F (27 C) or 35 degrees F (3 C) and that would be on the same day. Mornings start colder (long sleeves, jackets, sweaters) and by mid day it can be hot. Snow is a rarity, but rain is not. When it is in the high 30's (2-3 C), rain is no fun.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda,

I knew I could rely on you for a voice of reason !! Many thanks.

I also should have known I would get goofed around by those mixed up kids, just as well they are not the match officials or we would all be in trouble......... :o:D

And TRUBL, you can have all the beer you want in exchange for one of your go faster mag tubes and handle !! :ph34r::lol:

Edited by mike.45

Many of you have asked about the Zero range and Test Fire areas. Both areas will be "open" Thursday afternoon, primarily for Friday shooters, but available for weekend shooters who arrive early. Of course, they will also be open Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

Linda, Mark or Big Hamp -

Do you know if the Zero Range will have a 350 yard target available or will it be only a 50/100 yard targets?

Many of you have asked about the Zero range and Test Fire areas. Both areas will be "open" Thursday afternoon, primarily for Friday shooters, but available for weekend shooters who arrive early. Of course, they will also be open Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

Linda, Mark or Big Hamp -

Do you know if the Zero Range will have a 350 yard target available or will it be only a 50/100 yard targets?

The Zero Range will have targets at a variety of distances, including 300 and 350 yards. At least one of the targets at 350 will be the same kind of flash target seen on the long range rifle stage.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

We are going to have too much fun here, the stages, staff, and challenges are all turning out first rate. I look forward to seeing everyone there. If it weren't raining I would go zero my rifle, if I can find the darn thing, been so long since I've had to shoot one of those

see ya'll soon

jc

jeff, have you gotten the greek pics downloaded to a disk yet?

see you soon buddy.........trapr

Now thats a disc thats gotta be worth loads of money :D

Wouldn't mind seeing "some" of those shots myself :rolleyes::wub:

Good luck at the match guys & be gentle with our Mikey B)

N

Stages, schedules and squad lists are now posted on the Ft Benning 3 Gun Challenge website

We have also made 2 changes in the rules. The updated rules are also posted on the website, as well as listed in this message.

Original rule:

2.6 Leaving a loaded firearm in a safety barrel or box will result in a Match DQ. Loaded firearm means any round(s) left in an inserted magazine or tube or in the chamber.

Updated rule:

2.6 Stage briefings will list the specific “safe grounded condition” for firearms left while transitioning to a different weapon on a multi-gun stage. Failure to leave the weapon in the “safe grounded condition” will result in a match DQ.

Original Rule:

9.2.2 Rifle stages will score Tactical Iron sighted and Tactical Scoped rifles separately. Non-rifle stages will have all Tactical Class shooters competing together.

Updated Rule:

9.2.2 Tactical Iron sighted and Tactical Scoped rifles will be scored as two separate divisions.

Please let me know if you have any questions :ph34r: & I'll see all of you in about a month!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

You guys rock! I'm in the match and hopefully the leave form gets approved (it better it's part of my block leave before deploying!).

Count how many times you hear this over the weekend:

"Welcome to Fort Benning, Home of the Infantry, Follow Me!"

BTW, don't forget to have your paperwork straight before entering the base.

Rich

ETA: Looks like I'm squadded with a portion of a HUGE Texas contingency. Too sweet. Hope to meet as many of you as I can.

Edited by uscbigdawg

You guys rock! I'm in the match and hopefully the leave form gets approved (it better it's part of my block leave before deploying!).

Count how many times you hear this over the weekend:

"Welcome to Fort Benning, Home of the Infantry, Follow Me!"

BTW, don't forget to have your paperwork straight before entering the base.

Rich

ETA: Looks like I'm squadded with a portion of a HUGE Texas contingency. Too sweet. Hope to meet as many of you as I can.

alright, this marine is coming next year, assuming u army guyz will let me onto benning... :D

We'll let you in. You being able to read the signs and drive at the same time is on you. But then...we do have MP's to assist. They're kinda trained in speaking Marine, so bear with them.

ERRAW!! (Yeah...whatever).

Rich

ETA: Miss you guys a lot Butch!

Edited by uscbigdawg