Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ups And Its Wimp Assed Drivers

Crusher

I recieved a delevery of head from UPS, I requested UPS because the USPS (mail) shipments where getting hammered and a while back the UPS shipments arrived in much better condition.

BOY WAS I WRONG. Over the last year UPS must have gone on a recruiting drive for PUSSIES and WIMPS and thank god I only ordered 4000 heads. Both packages arrived "smashed, bashed and busted" open along with a plastic "Target" bag with appox 400 heads that had according to the driver "escaped earlier in the morning while loading the truck because of bad packaging".

I managed to remain fairly calm and explained that if the packages are around 40# each are too "bulky" for him he either get to a gym and bulk up or look for work in some "less physically demanding" enviroment like a "crossing guard".

I also informed him of the way the heads were packaged (double boxed and taped) and his response was "Oh, well when they fell (fell my ass he droped them) they ruptured on the first fall" (ruptured on the first fall? This dumbass droped them more than once).

I guess I'll go back to the USPS and to heck with the new generation of UPS WIMPS AND PUSSIES.

I shipped ammo to AZ for training and a match via UPS. The ammo was in Dillon boxes which were packed with padding. About a third of the blue Dillon boxes were busted so bad they are of no further use. Loose bullets were scattered throughout the packaging. I was disappointed, to say the least.

I recently ordered 2000 45 bullets from Precision Delta which was shipped via US Postal Service in a flat rate box.

The shipment (from Mississippi to Alabama) never showed up after almost 2 weeks of waiting on it

Precision Delta made an inquiry with the postal service but they had no way to track it and no idea where it was.

P.D. then shipped me a replacement order by UPS.

Several days after UPS delivered the replacement order (intact), a notice showed up in my mail box.

It said I had a package for pick up at my local post office that was not delivered because it was too heavy.

Fortunately, there was no damage to the box.

Tls

Edited by tlshores

I knew a guy that used to work at UPS unloading and loading. At the rate they have to unload and load to meet their deadline, boxes tend to be flying most of the time. Fragile labels mean absolutely nothing.

Last place I worked, our rule of thumb for packaging is to pack everything so that you can stand on the box without crushing it.

I recently ordered 2000 45 bullets from Precision Delta which was shipped via US Postal Service in a flat rate box.

The shipment (from Mississippi to Alabama) never showed up after almost 2 weeks of waiting on it

Precision Delta made an inquiry with the postal service but they had no way to track it and no idea where it was.

P.D. then shipped me a replacement order by UPS.

Several days after UPS delivered the replacement order (intact), a notice showed up in my mail box.

It said I had a package for pick up at my local post office that was not delivered because it was too heavy.

Fortunately, there was no damage to the box.

Tls

I get the 2500 185 .40's from Dave (Precision) and the first time he shipped to me my Mail man..er..wimp man left a note along with the yellow slip stating that the package was too heavy to carry from his truck to my door. I caught him a couple of days later (After going to the Post Office and picking them up myself) and told him that next time just pull up my driveway and he can get to within 10 feet of my front door. When he told me that it was too heavy (67 lbs.) to carry that far I told him that when I was expecting a delivery I would leave my dolly out where he could reach over the fence and get it and use it. He said "The damn package is too heavy for me to lift at all. You'll have to start picking them up at the Posty Office every time." I told him that if 67 lbs. is too heavy for him to pick up and put down once every couple of months then he was in the wrong occupation and he was getting paid way too much for the job he's doing.

He now uses my dolly and gets them to my door.

I recieved a delevery of head from UPS

:blink: ??

Edited by Bigbadaboom

Update: The order was short a little over 230 heads (must have been the ones that "escaped" the packaging).

I know they are rolling around on my route drivers truck and HOPE they make lots of noise and drive this WIMP nuts.

"tink, tink, tink, rattle, rattle, tink, tink, ......"

The Lady that delivers from UPS to my house looks like a young Linda Ronstadt and lifts packages like Vladimar Kelosinksa of the Bulgarian National Power Lifting Team. Even if she were to drop something I would fear for my physical safety were I to complain about it..... ;)

I shipped ammo to AZ for training and a match via UPS. The ammo was in Dillon boxes which were packed with padding. About a third of the blue Dillon boxes were busted so bad they are of no further use. Loose bullets were scattered throughout the packaging. I was disappointed, to say the least.

+1 last month with TGO

rule of thumb for packaging is to pack everything so that you can stand on the box without crushing it.

Thats what i tell my friends and family members b4 they send a care pkg off to Iraq. If you toss the pkg down a flight of stairs and everyting survives, then it will make it to me. 90% of what i get over here looks like its been to hell and back. Mangled boxes, water damage, and items missing cause the box had a hole.

And make damn sure you do not part company with the package or it's contents before the

snotty @#$%^^ claims agent can verify that indeed the package AND contents were in fact damaged.

I sent out a Benelli barrel , it arrived on MY doorstep a week late.

Theis own tracking program shows it almost made it to the destination before it was damaged.

The package was mangled , the barrel was fine.

Repackaged and shipped the barrel again.

UPS claims agent says they cannot even talk about any refund of shipping costs without seeing the barrel first hand. I tried to tell them it was OK, just refund my freakin shipping charge...

Later , I found out they had been leaving messages on this poor guy's answering machine telling him they needed to see the barrel.

Travis F.

I recieved a delevery of head from UPS --- snip ---

It is times like this where it is very very very very difficult to maintain behavior standards that are expected in this here forum! :o I am planning to stop laughing some time tonight...

It is times like this where it is very very very very difficult to maintain behavior standards that are expected in this here forum! :o I am planning to stop laughing some time tonight...

Had to do a second read on that one too ;)

Just before this one, there was the one about "....hot man on man action...."

barry :o

We ship with Fed X, If you go to the shows, Distributor, Shot Shows, Fed x is always there! Ups will show up just for our $$$. They are not a pro gun company. Hence, We ship our Firearms Fed X Freight. UPS will not!!!! Handle Firearms on that level. I know EricW will chime in and that is cool.

Ivan

Armscor Precision

Lol, I missed that one sorry, but good for a chuckle or two. heheheh

I wonder could you ship that sort of thing? Probably not, I bet the box would rupture and the occupant would be skewered with the fork-lift, arriving at your doorstep in a less than pristine condition.

Glad I am not the only one wearing my lunch from laughing. I combined the first with this

The Lady that delivers from UPS to my house looks like a young Linda Ronstadt and lifts packages like Vladimar Kelosinksa of the Bulgarian National Power Lifting Team. Even if she were to drop something I would fear for my physical safety were I to complain about it..... ;)

And went off the chair.

I HATE having water come out my nose ;)

Regaards,

I kid you not, I was just reading this thread when my mail man came to the door with 5000 pieces of brass to deliver. He had set it by the front door as he thought I wasn't home. Surprise! I open the door and he says, "Those are heavy, would you like me to help?" To which I replied no and picked up both boxes similtaniously. "Dang, look at those guns - you must work out!" :lol::lol: Why, yes...yes, I do... :P:P With guns too! I didn't say that to him naturally but man, did I have a good laugh.

I know your pain. I've even had UPS try to "repair" the box and hide it.

Besides the drivers, those boxes get dumped many feet from one conveyor belt to another. Not to mention package handlers like to beat the crap out of heavy packages.

About the only way you will get all your heads to your door is if the shipper boxes them up in small 200lb burst cardboard boxes, and then packs them ina bigger 200lb burst box. Even safer if there is a layer of peanuts between the inside boxes and outside box.

For live ammo, I believe 200lb burst boxes are required. If the box isn't oacked solid, that isn't good enough.

I know your pain. I've even had UPS try to "repair" the box and hide it.
I got a large box that had ammo and other stuff in it which looked like they had backed a truck over it. One end was all torn up and re-taped. A couple of ammo boxes were open and loose ammo was rattling around in the big box.

By my count about 25 rounds were lost somewhere en route.

:angry:

Edited by bountyhunter