Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newest Wheelgunner

Double Action

As Waltermitty and Bubber know, my 11 year old son, Christopher, has been shooting matches with me this spring. As the proud father of an as yet unclassified wheelgunner, I wanted to share this brief story.

My kids have always enjoyed going to the range with me, and Christopher has begged me to let him shoot in some matches. Last fall, I got him a Walther P22, Kytac holster and mag carrier, and started some competition instruction with him. He is a very serious boy, and very bright. By late winter, he had me convinced that he was ready for a match. For his first match, he used an XD-9, and did really well. The bug had definitely bitten him!

However, he told me, "I want to be a revolver man like you, Dad." How could any self-respecting father turn down such a request? I outfitted him with a wheel gun, holster, and some kydex speedloader holders I made in our living room. Several matches later, he is still enthusiastic, and getting better, if I say so myself.

Two weeks ago, at the Tulsa gun show, I found a pre-Model 15 Combat Masterpiece had followed me home. It was in decent shape, but did not have correct grips. I ordered a set of grips that were engraved with Christopher's initials. I wanted to give him the gun as a memento of his first season shooting USPSA and ICORE with me. The grips came in yesterday, and really look sharp on the gun. He actually teared up when I gave it to him (to be kept in my safe when we aren't shooting!). He just couldn't believe he had something so wonderful. Tonight, when I get off work, we are heading to the range with his little brother to try it out. I can't wait to see his face when he touches off the first round out of his very own gun.

KOOL stuff!!

It's a great feeling watching your little guy make progress with the wheelgun. (It's been a great experience for me and Sammy, and I know it's been wonderful for Cliff and Luke as well.) ;)

So let's see some pics!

Edited by Carmoney

I'll testify for Chris. He's a good shooter and a level headed competitor. His gun handling skills are superior to many adults. At Sunday's match he shot his Ruger accurately, skillfully and safely.

He is quite a young Man and I am pleased to be able to participate in the game with him.

As Waltermitty and Bubber know, my 11 year old son, Christopher, has been shooting matches with me this spring. As the proud father of an as yet unclassified wheelgunner, I wanted to share this brief story.

:) Glad to have a new shooter want to be part of the group. Tell Christopher we wish him the best and look forward to many reports of his progress. I watch several father and son teams hear in Oregon and wish I had had the same closeness as I see with them. It has to be a great moment for you as well. BEST WISHES, Walt

My kids have always enjoyed going to the range with me, and Christopher has begged me to let him shoot in some matches. Last fall, I got him a Walther P22, Kytac holster and mag carrier, and started some competition instruction with him. He is a very serious boy, and very bright. By late winter, he had me convinced that he was ready for a match. For his first match, he used an XD-9, and did really well. The bug had definitely bitten him!

However, he told me, "I want to be a revolver man like you, Dad." How could any self-respecting father turn down such a request? I outfitted him with a wheel gun, holster, and some kydex speedloader holders I made in our living room. Several matches later, he is still enthusiastic, and getting better, if I say so myself.

Two weeks ago, at the Tulsa gun show, I found a pre-Model 15 Combat Masterpiece had followed me home. It was in decent shape, but did not have correct grips. I ordered a set of grips that were engraved with Christopher's initials. I wanted to give him the gun as a memento of his first season shooting USPSA and ICORE with me. The grips came in yesterday, and really look sharp on the gun. He actually teared up when I gave it to him (to be kept in my safe when we aren't shooting!). He just couldn't believe he had something so wonderful. Tonight, when I get off work, we are heading to the range with his little brother to try it out. I can't wait to see his face when he touches off the first round out of his very own gun.

You showed an 11 year old............................Bubber?

Bring him to Tonitown AR next year for the Midwest Regional in ICORE it is always nice to shoot with young wheel men. Like I tell people when they ask what I shoot I tell them a Whreal Gun. Great father and son bonding.

KOOL stuff!!

It's a great feeling watching your little guy make progress with the wheelgun. (It's been a great experience for me and Sammy, and I know it's been wonderful for Cliff and Luke as well.) ;)

So let's see some pics!

Yeah, they grow so fast don't they...

This is a great young man and I have also had the privelage of shooting with him. He is eager to learn and is going to be a force to be reckoned with. To cool, Dad

Kudos DA, It's good to see the younger shooters getting involved, there is a young man at our local matches that has been shooting for quite a few years, he is safer than a lot of older men I shoot with. Tell him to keep up the practice and enjoy it. God Bless you both. Mac