Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reliability With A Full Side Saddle

KentG

I may be wrong but it seems there was some talk of having a full sidesadle has some kind of effect on the function of semi-autos? Or maybe Im all wet. I cant say I have had the issue but its been bugging me cause I thought I had seen a discussion on it somewhere.

Benelli's do not like a lot of extra weight on them. Having side saddles and other stuff may cause some problems, but I can't give you specifics. A lot of it has to do with how you hold the Benelli and the type of stance you use. I've seen plenty of Benelli's that are completely reliable with all of the extra gear. If you're experiencing malfunctions, try removing the extra weight and see if that solves your problem.

Erik

I ran 28 rounds on and in the Remington, but I limit myself to less than 19 on on and in the Benelli as to not interrupt the properties of inertia, we should never upset Newton unless it is for a good reason.

Edited by fomeister

I run 21 rds in and on my Benelli and the only time (knock on wood) I've made it choke is when I tried to man-handled it on a 50 yd slug stage with a gorilla stance and grip. Other than that? Nada.

some sidesaddles are installed with screws that replace the existing trigger group screws and they can be overtightened when installed which creates binding inside the cycling mech and can cause problems, I've never heard of a problem with the weight or fact it was hanging on the side.

A friend of mine put a side saddle on his 1187.

It made the gun cough and sputter badly.

He removed it and the gun runs again.

I think the screws that replace the trigger group pins were squeezing the receiver enough to bind the bolt.

A friend of mine put a side saddle on his 1187.

It made the gun cough and sputter badly.

He removed it and the gun runs again.

I think the screws that replace the trigger group pins were squeezing the receiver enough to bind the bolt.

If you use the 3GunGear side saddle this little problem goes away. ;)

-ld

If you're using one of the plastic ones that comes with a screw on pins don't over tighten them. I use 3gungear saddles on my Benelli and 1100CM. I run 23 rounds in and out of my Benelli M2 and 21 rounds on the 1100CM without issues.

I run 21 rds in and on my Benelli and the only time (knock on wood) I've made it choke is when I tried to man-handled it on a 50 yd slug stage with a gorilla stance and grip. Other than that? Nada.

What is a "gorila Stance and Grip?"

Jeff

Im running a SX2 so I havnt actually had the problem and I have a 3gun gear adhesive side saddle that works great.

Hey Dave are you back in our neck of the woods yet or still down south?? We have a club match this Sat at the Wildcat.

Edited by tnek

What is a "gorila Stance and Grip?"

Jeff

Being overly solid with the pistol grip and trying not to make the gun move. Bad idea with recoil operated systems. You gotta let em roll just a bit.