Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Area 3 Championship

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appears Saturday and Sunday shooters would be well advised to have rain gear handy. Figures. Right in the middle of a drought and it decides to rain match day.

Craig

Yeah, I'll have rain gear for between stages. But, I have a hard enough time getting mag changes and draws done without fighting a rain jacket. :D

Chris

Yeah, I'll have rain gear for between stages. But, I have a hard enough time getting mag changes and draws done without fighting a rain jacket. :D

Chris

Aw, C'mon, it will just make you feel like you are shooting IDPA but with illegal equipment. ;)

Craig

Chris

Aw, C'mon, it will just make you feel like you are shooting IDPA but with illegal equipment. ;)

Craig

If I were smart I would shoot IDPA occasionally to get used to drawing from a cover garment. However, I don't want to start tomorrow. :D

Chris

Well, it's over and I can't fix anything now. :P However, it was a great first major match for me. Even with my ammo problems on the first day I still had a heck of a good time. Single Stack is a tough division for a new D shooter though.

I met Angus, Matt Mink and the guys from CZ (who was the main sponsor of the match). CZ put up a ton of stuff for the prize table. I picked up some of Angus's parts and I'm going to work on my CZ for shooting Limited. (Yeah, more ammo that's the ticket.) :D

I was with a really good group of people in my squad including a couple from Australia who were both very good shooters. I could learn a lot from them. Like putting two holes in the target. Yep, that would have helped me on a few of the stages.

If anyone thought about going but didn't make it you missed a really fun match. JD Smith who designed the stages is great at designing tough but very doable and fun stages. They were great. There were good RO's and a bunch of very nice people to spend two days of shooting with.

Chris

Manny shot through Area 1 on Friday then headed straight back to Kansas to finish scoring Area 3. There's some dedication..

....not to mention the fact that he won high overall in Limited Division at both Area 1 and Area 3 in the same weekend!

Manny's a machine!!! He pulled the same stunt around Area 6/Arkansas Sectional weekend I believe, shooting both matches that is. I think he won Lim Area 6 and not sure about Ark Sec, I think he might have shot it in Open.

He's something else.

Forgot to ask, so who won Production? With Team CZ being there and most likely Sevigny, that would look like the Nats matchup all over again. Scores arent posted anywhere? Anybody get them on email and can post them?

Thanks,

I'll be interested to see results. Dave was at area 1.. if he made the journey i'm sure he would have shot limited as he did in area 1.

The AR section you could shoot Open on sat and Limited on sunday. Manny was a close second there on both I think. Ted puente won limited.

I shot with Manny at A6 an awesome and funny guy. I hope some day I can get my shooting to that level.

Winners:

Open - Max Michel Jr.

Limited- Emanuel Bragg

L-10 - Ted Puentes

Production- Angus Hobdel

Revolver- Mike Carmoney

Single Stack- Greg Martin

Area 3 Champion- Jamie Craig

Other category winners I can't recall off hand. I know I wasn't one of them. Great match though.

Craig

Edited by spd522

I'll be interested to see results. Dave was at area 1.. if he made the journey i'm sure he would have shot limited as he did in area 1.

The AR section you could shoot Open on sat and Limited on sunday. Manny was a close second there on both I think. Ted puente won limited.

I shot with Manny at A6 an awesome and funny guy. I hope some day I can get my shooting to that level.

I agree. Ive had the opportunity to shoot with him at a major match and take a class from him and he's a great guy, one of the best in our sport, hands down.

This was my first major area match, and it was a great time!!!

Anyone have any idea on when they will get the results posted online for all shooters? I'm pretty impatient :)

If not by later today, I would bet they will be posted by tomorrow at the latest. I think A3 results were posted the following day the last two years. Manny and the crew are pretty efficient getting results out.

Craig

Second time I have made the trip from Indianapolis out to the match, and I must say that while last years was a good match, this year's was a great match. Lots of work went into making it better from it looks like to me. There were no huge backups at any of the stages that I could tell like last year and that really is something to say because of all the activators and movers that had to be reset this year.

RO's were very friendly, and kept things moving and very fun to be on their stage.

JD had some great stages to shoot, with most of them giving you many different options in the way you shot it. Many of the RO's commented on some of the stages that they had seen them shot a hundred different ways!!!

Here is what I can remember from the scores

Prod - Angus

Open - Max and 2nd was Matt McLearn (he 1st major in several years and great guy to talk to)

L10 Ted Puente

Rev-Carmoney

Limited - Manny

not sure on SS

I pulled out the old Nowlin single stack to shoot this match again in L10, and moved up one over last year with a 2nd C finish.

I met a great group of guys on Squad 52 as well, 3 guys from Oklahoma, 3 from Minnisota and me from Indiana, pretty good mix!!! Everyone helped during the stages, we helped each other on how to shoot stages and it was fun to watch the ribbing of each other going on. Which is one of the reasons that makes this sport so much fun.

Area 3 Results are up.

Yes they are!

I do want to give a shout out to the members of Sunday's Revo Super Squad for the great time I had.

For those that haven't had the privilege of shooting with these guys, you really don't know what you're missing. Since Nationals last year, this is the third Revo SS (with one or two token bottom-feeders along ;) ) I have had the great luck to shoot with. While my skill level pales in comparison to my squad mates, this band of hard core revo shooters has me more excited about my shooting that I have been in years.

Thanks for letting me tag along!

B)

Edited by Waltermitty

We sure had a good time, didn't we Walt? :D

Only bad thing was not getting to spend much time with the other wheelmen who were shooting on a different schedule from Squad 45. I've shot with all of them at various times in the past and they're all first-rate people to be around!

Great match--thanks to everybody involved. Any news yet on whether the fine Mill Creek range will be next year's Area 3 venue?

OUCH, I should have left my gun at home, I think I would have finished higher. Ammo problems, tired from working at the range in the heat for the six days before I shot and then tweaking my knee sideways on Stage 10 made for a crappy shooting time for me. Dead last this year in Open. :( It is my own fault for not making sure my ammo would run in my new gun, that I was better rested and that I was in better shape.

No matter what it was still a good time and I will try and get some of the photos I shot at the match posted to the USPSA site soon, a link will be posted here when they are up. But in the mean time here is a few shots to hold you over.

Joe W.

Dsc05941.jpg

The sick and twisted mind that made the match so much fun, JD Smith on Stage 1.

Dsc06214.jpg

Athena Lee shooting on Stage 7.

Dsc06422.jpg

Max Michel shooting on Stage 10.

Dsc06631.jpg

Joe Lopez ROing on Stage 7.

Dsc06798.jpg

Anyone know who this guy is on Stage 1? lol