Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Area 3 Championship

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeSoto is halfway between Kansas City and Lawrence, Ks. (Home of the KU Jayhawks). The range isn't hard to find, a couple of miles off of Hiway 10.

Hopefully the Storms will wait until AFTER everyone leaves. If you thought last year was interesting, try a true Kansas Wind Storm. Last years looked, and sounded, worse than it was. The Storm Gods have promised if we get 20 Revo Shooters there will be beautiful weather. At least he said he was the Storm God, but he did kind of run in circles.

Either way, it'll be a good match.

I just wanted to say, as I have been meaning to say this for quite some time.

I am from Kansas (went to KU, home of the Jayhawks, just had to get in the Jayhawks are awesome and am anxiously awaiting March Madness), but started shooting after I moved to AZ. I went back to KS to visit the family and looked up a range. I found a place to shoot, which was in DeSoto, and shot a match. Well, I shot it after hanging around for about an hour waiting for it to stop pouring down rain, which it did not, so we shot anyway. One stage there was no running as there was about a 8" of mud you had to trudge thru. Everybody out there was great and helpful. It was an honor to get to shoot with that group and I would recommend it to everyone. It's also a beautiful range - they have grass! (on the ground).

Thanks to all at the De Soto range.

Karen Pearson

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to the stage designs, it looks like I'm going to have to look at my front site at times. And possibly, the relationship between my front site and the rear site on other stages of fire.

Shame on you Emanuel. That is an evil thing to do. :wacko:

Manny, looks like a great time to me. This year I will be shooting a real open gun, finally got an STI and can set my single stack .45 open gun aside for pin shooting again. lol Now I just have to break the habit of dumping my mag every ten rounds. :lol: I think I can finish higher than 65th this time.

• 3 weeks later...

First time at Area 3. What is available as far as shade, drinks, restrooms, lunch, and all that stuff the better half wants. Me, I'll be too involved trying to remember where my front sight is to worry about that kinda stuff.

Cliff

Squad 31

Man those stages look fun, it's not in the budget this year to make it to this match. The company I work for is based in Prairie Village just up the road, I need to figure out a reason to be at the corp office for a free trip to the range....

Any other BE'ers in the squad I'm in?? (squad #42)

Looks like a strong group of folks!

My name is Steven, and I admit, am a gun-a-haulic

Edited by TRP-Professional

Any other BE'ers in the squad I'm in #42???

Looks like a strong group of folks!

My name is Steven, and I am a gun-a-haulic

Squad #45

I can quit any time I want, I just do it to be sociable.

CliffR

Most of the ranges have concrete stations with shade awnings. Flush toilets in the clubhouse, and portable ones scattered around the range. Food service is up in the air at this time, but plenty of places within 15 minutes. I know food services are being chased down now. Bring the best half.

JJH

CliffR

Most of the ranges have concrete stations with shade awnings. Flush toilets in the clubhouse, and portable ones scattered around the range. Food service is up in the air at this time, but plenty of places within 15 minutes. I know food services are being chased down now. Bring the best half.

JJH

Thanks,

She takes better pictures when comfortable.

Cliff

• 4 weeks later...

Made it into Lenexa last night... Fixin' to run to WalMart for a few things and then out to the range to help out and scope the stages.

Anyone wanna try to put a group together for a meal tonight?

For those who are coming from out of town, we have a regular Friday night two stage match at the Bullethole in Lenexa, KS.

http://www.thebullethole.com/site/

If anyone wants some pre-Sat/Sun practice you should come out. We try to start between 6:00 and 7:00 PM. It's two quick stages and good folks to shoot with.

Chris

That link leads to a place with an address in Mission KS, is it the same place?

For those who are coming from out of town, we have a regular Friday night two stage match at the Bullethole in Lenexa, KS.

If anyone wants some pre-Sat/Sun practice you should come out. We try to start between 6:00 and 7:00 PM. It's two quick stages and good folks to shoot with.

Chris

Yes, that's the right place. Sorry, I thought it was Lenexa. The city lines in that area are a bit screwy.

I'll try check here tomorrow afternoon in case anyone needs directions. Or you can call the guys at the Bullethole.

Chris

Chris

Yes, that's the right place. Sorry, I thought it was Lenexa. The city lines in that area are a bit screwy.

I'll try check here tomorrow afternoon in case anyone needs directions. Or you can call the guys at the Bullethole.

Chris

I plan to be there if something doesn't hold me up. I assume this is a USPSA match? I'm not equipped for IDPA.