Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

March Contest

Once again we step off into video land, to see who has a life, and who is able to memorize large chunks of dialogue. The rules are as before: you must not have won in the last year. In order to correctly answer a question, you must provide ALL of the following: The character or actor speaking, the character or actor being spoken to, and the name of the movie. If any part is wrong, no win. No hints, and no answers coaching a partial answer. (i.e., get two out of three right and I’ll be silent until either you get it right or someone corrects you.)

Also, no using quote search engines. If you know the movie, I'll allow searching for cast listings to nail down names, but no more than that.

For this go-round I’ve got a real collage of movies:

1. “You have two choices: you can apologize and leave, or you can stay and die.”

2. “Even a dog defends his master.”

3. “Have you showered with them? I recommend it, it’s a mind-blower.”

4. “Here’s how it is; anything goes wrong, you die. Your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, you die.”

5. “It’s a terrible thing, killin’ a man. You take everything he is, and everything he’s gonna be.”

6. “Often a man will tell you what he’s going to do, if you just listen.”

7. “If the man with the rifle gets shot, pick up the rifle.”

8. “Get used to disappointment.”

9. “I would not be so good at playing this piano except for practice.”

10. “I haven’t been f**ked like that since the eight grade.”

Good luck.

7. Enemy at the Gates. Some random officer where they are handing out ammo and rifles is calling out instructions to the crowd, one of them being Jude Law's character Vassili Zaitsev.

Some others seem familiar but I can't figure them out right now.

4.) “Here’s how it is; anything goes wrong, you die. Your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, you die.” John Wayne (Big JakeMcCandles) to Richard Boone (John Fain, the outlaw gang leader)in Big Jake, 1971 --- playing off of a similar line from earlier in the movie....

5.) "It’s a terrible thing, killin’ a man. You take everything he is, and everything he’s gonna be.” Clint Eastwood (Will Munny) to Jaimz Woolvett (The Schofield Kid) in Unforgiven, 1992

Four took a little while ---- I had to go back and find the voice recording in my memory to clue me in as to the movie. So familiar and yet so far away.....

1. Anthony Michael Hall in Weird Science when he was confronting the Road Warrior (Vernon Wells, Jennifer Balgobin, Jeff Jensen, Michael Berryman) types that crashed the party.

3. Kelly LeBrock in Weird Science, only she stated that it was a "mind scramble", and she said it to Deb (Suzanne Snyder) and Hilly (Judie Aronson), the girls that Gary and Wyatt liked.

Edited by GeneralChang

John, you are gracious, polite and a credit to IPSC shooters everywhere. But Jake incurred a Procedural on his attempt, and did not follow up to protect his partial answers. The stage description clearly says you have to provide both the speaker and the one spoken to, as well as the movie title. Jake did not do that, you did. You get the answer.

However, you say you already have a book? Within the last year?