Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap Hong Kong IPSC

i was scanning the tv the other night and i came across a movie about some IPSC shooters at the Hong Kong Nationals in 1996, it was in chinese with english subtitles, almost a kung-fu style movie but the guys were IPSC shooters who competed against each other,

i came into it halfway through and i had to go before it was over

has anybody else seen it and what is it all about?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

"What begins as an innocuous entry into a gun competition eventually steers Rick towards a path of fatal rivalry. With extensive training, Rick emerges as one of the finest shooters in town. Three years down the line, four members of a G4 unit have been murdered; the suspects clear out any possible evidence. A top CID officer, Miu, narrows the suspect list down to just Rick, whom he had met in the shooting arena on the final day of the gun competition three years before... Written by L.H. Wong"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5hARZsN8nU

1st shooter (red shirt) shatters the 180 at 0:29. Can't be certain but it looks like he also swept the RO. Right after that, kicks open the door and runs about 5 steps with his finger buried in the trigger guard (clearly not engaging targets). As he bails out of the bus at 0:54 and jumps in the water his finger is again buried in the trigger guard.

Second shooter (black shirt) has better muzzle discipline early on, but at 2:32 is running with his finger all up in the trigger guard. 2-3 seconds and at least 10 steps later, it's still there. During the reload that begins at 2:45, he removes his finger from the trigger guard to hit the magazine release but it's back in before the mag clears the gun. It remains there for the rest of the reload. At Unload and Show Clear (3:28) he has his finger in the trigger guard for the entire sequence.

This is what being an RO has done to me. I just can't stop myself from seeing this stuff.

:blush:

1st shooter (red shirt) shatters the 180 at 0:29. Can't be certain but it looks like he also swept the RO. Right after that, kicks open the door and runs about 5 steps with his finger buried in the trigger guard (clearly not engaging targets). As he bails out of the bus at 0:54 and jumps in the water his finger is again buried in the trigger guard.

Second shooter (black shirt) has better muzzle discipline early on, but at 2:32 is running with his finger all up in the trigger guard. 2-3 seconds and at least 10 steps later, it's still there. During the reload that begins at 2:45, he removes his finger from the trigger guard to hit the magazine release but it's back in before the mag clears the gun. It remains there for the rest of the reload. At Unload and Show Clear (3:28) he has his finger in the trigger guard for the entire sequence.

This is what being an RO has done to me. I just can't stop myself from seeing this stuff.

:blush:

OMG I just watched it again, first guy does a 360 spin kick to the first door :surprise:

this movie looks like a lot of fun. :)

I dunno about all that. I wouldn't pay money to see it. I think alot of us wouldn't just by watching the trailer.

I think if it was more accurate...a ton of us would want to watch it.

But ACTING in the movie would be fun.

Okay, we can pick nits on the technical accuracy level, but my overwhelming response to that clip is that this movie looks like a lot of fun. :)

I did watch the movie. I just hate subtitles, especially when the copy I saw was out of sync and didn't make any sense at times. The IPSC part was just the intro, its more of an action suspense crime movie. I heard that those 2 main actors are famous in HK.

IPSC part was entertaining. I wont nit pick on technicalities because, well, its a movie and seeing an open gun in a movie is cool enough for me.

Overall its a 7.5/10 movie for me. 8/10 if they got the subs right :ph34r: