Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smm 3 Gun Match

Wow!

It is only 2 weeks away and I am off to Mesa, for one of the best 3 gun matches. I am excited as all h_ll waiting on this match. There has to be some other people out there

that feel the same way as I feel, out of 250 entries nobody is talkin about this match.

I have been lucky here in upstate New York, weather has been mild and I have been able to get outside for some practice. I hope it pays off. Has anybody heard any rumors about stages???? What about a dark room stage, do I need a lite???

thanks

Louie

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And where are the best places to buy 3 Gun gear down there? I'm bound to forget or break something, or see something I have to have...

And lights... we're talking flashlights?

Having been there once (without a flashlight) yes, a flashlight. IIRC Jerry M loaned TMC and a few other people on our squad one of those bright little flashlights the year I went. I can't remember the name of it right now, but as everyone came up to the stage, we were all taping flashlights to our stocks for that one darkhouse stage.

I will never again go to this match without a flashlight of some kind! :D

Vince

Religous Shooter,

Shot SMM3G last year for the first time. The cart works well in some parts of the range, not so well in others. Parking can also get a little congested. I'd suggest you bring it if you've got room. 'Course, you can never bring "Enough" stuff to a 3 gun match.

It's an awesome match. I'm counting the days. See y'all there!

My info is that there will POSSIBLY be a stage involving the use of the light on the rifle. But since nothing is set up yet, that may completely change so bring a light.

AND a zero on your rifle.

kellyn

Thanks for the info, how does the weather outlook for the match??? Should I pack shorts and suntan lotion???

thanks

Louie

Right now it is 68 degrees and mostly sunny but a bit chilly (for Mesa) in the mornings. My house is about 4 miles from Rio and it was 38 degrees when I left for work. But it warms up right quick.

Geez Kelly...that's harsh condition :P It would be a nice break for us coming from the 10 and 25 degrees, blowing snow, frozen fingers and toes. Thanks for the stage intel.

I think there hasnt been much talk about the Smm3gun because alot of people i have talked to fear its going to be similiar to the desert classic(i hope not) this past year was a very tough match, hope the 3 gun isnt too IPSCy.

Theres plenty of places to buy things that you might have forgotten, Vendor tent usually has alot of stuff too.

I think there hasnt been much talk about the Smm3gun because alot of people i have talked to fear its going to be similiar to the desert classic(i hope not) this past year was a very tough match, hope the 3 gun isnt too IPSCy.

Theres plenty of places to buy things that you might have forgotten, Vendor tent usually has alot of stuff too.

Whats the deal with the Desert Classic????

I figure Bob LaMarca being a #2 guy the last few years will do a great job.

Being a #2 guy you usually do most of the work, so now being one of #1 guys

should be walk in the park. This being their first year under new management

should be great, new people showing they can do bigger and better. I look forward

to a great match. I look forward to warm weather!!!!

thanks

Louie

Bob L, did a great job, my comments were directed on the hardness(memory stages), which is fine for an USPSA match, but not a 3 gun match. When Grand masters and Master class shooters scratch their head and say a stage is hard, how do you think a C or D class shooter feels? I think I was actually fortunate to shoot with one of the super squads to see how they ran it, I think that helped me finish higher than I expected. I'm very anxious to see what the Smm3gun match brings in two weeks. See all of you there.

Bob L, did a great job, my comments were directed on the hardness(memory stages), which is fine for an USPSA match, but not a 3 gun match. When Grand masters and Master class shooters scratch their head and say a stage is hard, how do you think a C or D class shooter feels? I think I was actually fortunate to shoot with one of the super squads to see how they ran it, I think that helped me finish higher than I expected. I'm very anxious to see what the Smm3gun match brings in two weeks. See all of you there.

Being a Senior shooter HATE THOSE (memory stages).*&__!^*(&^%()(*</+=)##

thanks

Louie

I hate stages where there are 6" ports to look through and the target is only visible in a 5-10 degree arc...I simply don't have the patience to walk through a stage a dozen times and try to memorize where I can actually see and engage the targets from. I hope there isn't too much of this at SMM3G this year.

I like the stages with some kind of gimmick the best...i.e. Dark house (2004), downed pilot (2003), Pirate Ship (YAR! 2005)., Air Marshall (2002)

Edited by SinistralRifleman