Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flamer!

sargenv

17? I'd kill for 17. We were at 16 for a HIGH today. Headed down fast and now around 7.

I hate cold february weekends. I had very high hopes of getting in some practice tomorrow but not now. Dammit! Guess I'll settle for dry fire and airsoft. Gack.

Dang, I'm scheduled to drive to the shooting academy for a photoshoot tomorrow and I have to wait until it warms ups... if ever. Damn, the LAST time I was scheduled to photoshoot the shooting classes it poured rain!!Gah!!!!! And 17 degrees... Gimme a break!! :angry::angry:

it's going to be 28 at the match this weekend) :):):)

Match? What match? I wanna go....

Rayners is shooting on Sunday. :P

Bill, I already let her know in a PM. But, she was wearing some big fluffy winter coat at the indoor match in Dayton last Sunday. :wacko:

[quote

Rayners is shooting Sunday, but Shooter Grrl ain't. I could make up some real good excuses (too far to drive, etc) But basically, it's really just too freakin' cold for humans - plus, it appears to have snowed last night - alot!

It is going to be 68 degrees here today and that is cold compared to the high seventies and eighties that we have been getting. Sound nice? It is. What I HATE about it is that summer will be here before we know it and we never got any freaking winter! Shooting when it is 10 degrees out must suck, I wouldn't know, but it sucks to shoot when it's 110 out too. I just want a little winter. Maybe some rain? I probably won't get either of them.

-ld

I hate that instead of flaming, I tend to simply whine (not alone either) in our Friday flamers.

I hate these morons rioting over stupid cartoons that 99% of them have never seen. Hell of a thing to get killed protesting somethinf that is basically only a rumor to you. I read that the morons protesting in Pakistan and several other places have only heard about the cartoons. Personally I think foreign embassies should be heavily guarded by irate guys armed with at least 20 miniguns...Protests would end quickly.

What JFD said.

Update: Well, it was only 23 this morning instead of 17. I guess I'm supposed to be glad of that. 50-something would be far better. The sun's out, though, so I'm headed up the road to stand out in the cold taking pix of my defensive shooting classes friends as planned. Brrrr. BDFs with thermal undies and multi-layers of stuff on the bod. Hope the camera batts don't die. :ph34r:

Oh, and all youse guys bi**hing about "no winter" where you are... There are obviously several locations around the nation right now that you could dash off to and 'enjoy' the bone-chilling situations. <_<:rolleyes:

Today's Match was cancelled!!!!!

14 dgree air temperature and about a 8-10 mph wind. I don't know what that works out to be wind chill wise but I know its cold.

Dammit, Dammit, Dammit.

After yesterday I definitely needed to run around and shoot things.

Edited by smokshwn

[quote

Rayners is shooting Sunday, but Shooter Grrl ain't. I could make up some real good excuses (too far to drive, etc) But basically, it's really just too freakin' cold for humans - plus, it appears to have snowed last night - alot!

I'm not sure I have Susan convinced to go either. :rolleyes:

Since this is the hate thread, I hate that it was so nice on Thursday and so cold for the weekend. :o

It reached the point yesterday where our TV meteorologists were openly discussing whethere the term "downright cold" was a valid and openly usable meteorological term.

Oh, and the photoshoot today was OK. 30-something degrees with a 15-20mph wind, but sunny and dry as a bone. Could've been MUCH worse (and HAS been, at times, at this particular shooting range, from what I've heard). :D