Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Firestick!

Jake Di Vita

Just got this in from Bedell a couple of days ago. It is absolutely without a doubt the finest firearm I have ever shot. Absolute tack driver (1 hole groups prone at 15 yards) and it flat runs. As if that wasn't enough, the gun is shockingly flat as well.

Junior has a flat trigger that breaks right at a pound and 4 ounces and is chambered is supercomp. It also has custom fitted swenson safeties, a 4 MOA dot, and a ball detented slide racker.

I'm in love. :wub::wub::wub:

post-2020-1140032407_thumb.jpg

post-2020-1140032743_thumb.jpg

post-2020-1140033015_thumb.jpg

dp,

I actually like the serenipity more because it seats the scope so much closer to the slide. Plus I don't know what it is but I've always felt more comforatable with a double-sided mount. I would switch to an allchin or something of that sort if I had trouble with this, but I doubt that will be a problem.

eerw,

I've always been a fan of heavier guns. The main reason I don't have any barrel ports set up is that with this gun I just don't need them. Running 177 PF loads (just what I loaded up) the dot only rises about halfway up the glass. Not bad at all. Plus there is less powder needed to make major.

In regards to a short gun, I honestly don't see an advantage from them. They are much more violent to shoot, there is a lot more dot rise, I've heard from several people that they are harder to get running good, and parts wear out more quickly. The main reason people go to them is that they believe a lighter gun will give them faster transitions. I think my transitions are pretty decently developed and I don't feel I lose anything on a short gun....even though I also opted to go with a steel comp rather than titanium.

Looks good Jake, i shot with you at Sim, I dont remember seeing your name on it then but it does look awesome. I finally got mine too and you were right, its one fine piece of machinery, built like a swiss watch.