Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Shield

ErikW

Just finished Season 5's 3 DVDs in 3 days. I couldn't stop watching it - some of the best TV ever. Forest Whittaker is the shit. He's been great in everything I've seen him in.

be

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Is it me, or does the final season writing seem more disjointed with a more structured intensity? Just does not seem to flow as well as previous seasons.

Feels as if they rushed through to finish things.

Still a fantastic series that has me hooked.

If you like "The Shield" you most likely enjoy "The Wire" just as much. I really miss that series.

My shooting acquaintances from the Baltimore area assure me its (The Wire) not far from the truth.

BB

Is it me, or does the final season writing seem more disjointed with a more structured intensity? Just does not seem to flow as well as previous seasons.

Feels as if they rushed through to finish things.

Still a fantastic series that has me hooked.

If you like "The Shield" you most likely enjoy "The Wire" just as much. I really miss that series.

My shooting acquaintances from the Baltimore area assure me its (The Wire) not far from the truth.

BB

I get what you're saying --- but I actually think it's a well-done example of how things snowball out of control when the wheels come off the train....

....it's been a wild ride --- and in a week it comes to a crashing conclusion....

I also have been a faithful follower of Vic Mackey and company for the past 5+ years and was somewhat sad when it finally ended last night. It had a Soprano-like ending leaving the ending up to the viewer. I didn't see Vic as the type to commit suicide but where was he going as the show ended? Was a sad ending for Shane and his family!

"I've done worse."

That was the line of the night. I don't see things ending well for any of them.

Your words are/were prophetical.....

Damn.

I think the ending was much, much better than the mickey-mouse ending for the Sopranos.

As for Vic (spoilers):

I don't think he was going to kill himself. I think he was either going to look for his family (he doesn't know that Corrine had betrayed him and were relocated) or was going hunting for those he felt had wronged him.

He sat there...pondering his life and all that he had lost and the price of all he had done....

Sucked it up, wrote them all off and put them in the "oh well" place in his mind, picked up the "tool of his trade" and started planning how to do the best thing he could.....For Vic.

He had a plan and a smile on his face before he hit the front door.

Vic's decline I guess goes along with his declining choice in handguns. Is that really a 44 magnum desert eagle in the last episode? How totally tactical.......and practical. :roflol: :roflol:

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/shield/photos/100518

They rushed through the early season episodes I guess so they could deliver top quality content in final two episodes........and the last two were indeed excellent.

BB

I think the ending was much, much better than the mickey-mouse ending for the Sopranos.

As for Vic (spoilers):

I don't think he was going to kill himself. I think he was either going to look for his family (he doesn't know that Corrine had betrayed him and were relocated) or was going hunting for those he felt had wronged him.

Shane told him that Corrine sold him out when he called Vic from that payphone.

I think it should have ended about 30 seconds sooner, with him sitting at his desk in the dark thinking about he lost everything. Instead, he's going to be a paper pusher by day and vigilante by night?

Vic's decline I guess goes along with his declining choice in handguns. Is that really a 44 magnum desert eagle in the last episode? How totally tactical.......and practical. :roflol::roflol:

Subtlety was never Vic's strong suit. :roflol:

NOTHING, CLICK ON THEM TO REVEAL THE WORDS, AND THE EAGLE WAS A .357 BY HIS OWN ADMISSION WHEN THEY PICKED HIM UP FOR POINTING IT AT SHANE AND HIS FAMILY.

Its a gas operated pistol with bolt and bolt carrier I think?

Guess the prop department didn't have a pistolized version of the AR15.........I hear they fit nicely tucked inside the belt at waistline under jacket. B) B)

BB

What the heck has been blocked out on the previous posts ??????

Spoilers. When you post, look on the left-hand side, and under "Quick Access" you'll see "Insert: SPOILER". That's the cool thing to do so as not to give it away to people who haven't seen the ep yet.

He sat there...pondering his life and all that he had lost and the price of all he had done....

Sucked it up, wrote them all off and put them in the "oh well" place in his mind, picked up the "tool of his trade" and started planning how to do the best thing he could.....For Vic.

I'm not sure that he wrote his family off. If he did, why did he put all those pictures on his desk?

let see, now the councilman Alvaceda will win the election for mayor. Crime will be out of control as the new younger rookies can't control the streets. The mayor will have to call in a special team to fight the street crime and drug cartels which are now fighting for turf. Vic will have to be put on special assignment and sent back to the streets....he'll need ronnie out of jail, so he can build a new team.......wait for the movie........

By the way, Ronnie should plead not guilty to every charge, since it's only vics word and he's trying to protect himself,

what can they really prove against Ronnie, even carrying the bag to Corrine, he should just say he was doing a favor for Vic, and never looked in the bag, thought it was some clothes left over from one of his kids visits.

it was a good ending, Vic was a bad cop, but made alot of arrests along the way, so you can't help being torn by his plight, knowing he should be punished, but wanting him to carry on as well.

and Claudette....in one of the first seasons she had Vic beat a confession out of a guy who had kidnapped a young girl, so she it not as innocent as she would like you to believe.

I've watch every them all, it was great.

What about the woman that was missing ??? They were questioning the boy, telling Dutch he was a suspect, and then they kind of dropped it. Remember back a couple seasons ago when Dutch-boy killed that cat ??? I kept waiting for him to be outed as a killer !!!! Did I miss something in the finale or am I still in shock from what Shane did ???

What about the woman that was missing ??? They were questioning the boy, telling Dutch he was a suspect, and then they kind of dropped it. Remember back a couple seasons ago when Dutch-boy killed that cat ??? I kept waiting for him to be outed as a killer !!!! Did I miss something in the finale or am I still in shock from what Shane did ???

I could have seen them finding a bunch of bodies in Dutch's basement.