Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just looking to see if there are suggestions on where I can procure a couple thousand rounds of 9mm.

I hate to say it, but I just don't want to load the damn things. I've got 150,000 9mm bullets hanging around the house and I don't want to load a single one of them. Save them for a rainy day I guess.

Still, I'd like to shoot a bit and I know with the schedule the way it is that loaded ammo is my best shot. Specifically in terms of getting tuned up w/ the XD.

Only looking for between 2,000 and 5,000 rounds - enough to get up to speed and then some matches.

Anyhow - I know I can go buy at a local mass merchant if that's the best option. Still figured one of you all might know of a more economical source.

Thanks in advance!

J

Ivan,

Truthfully I don't even have a point of reference.

I think I paid $10 for 100 rounds at Wal-Mart the other day. So there it's $100 for 1,000. That may be my best option - but wasn't aware if there were others.

J

I'm not really in the South but I have heard that there is a sporting goods chain down there called Academy Sports.

They have the aluminum cased CCI blazer ammo for $3.86 a box. I've also heard/read that they sometimes have in sale for $2.86 a box. That's 50 rounds in a box.

Here's a link for blazer:

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=cont...5-3509&start=12

Sorry, they say $4.86 a box.

Here's a link for WWB at $5.86 a box. At least it is reloadable brass:

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=cont...9-4172&start=12

Yep, I know what you mean. It seems like the time to reload and the money to buy factory are inversely proportional.

Chills

Ivan,

Truthfully I don't even have a point of reference.

I think I paid $10 for 100 rounds at Wal-Mart the other day. So there it's $100 for 1,000. That may be my best option - but wasn't aware if there were others.

J

Employee Discount bring you down to the cost of blazers? :lol::lol:

academy was 3.86 a box for blazers..im glad its not now..

all the ranges became cluttered with the aluminum cases...it was getting silly

somebody, somewhere will pick up brass...nobody will touch the aluminum stuff.

winchesters run around 11.00 a hundred here in texas...and are probably the best ammo for the money.

i think walmart has some remington valu packs for not much more...though the shorter OAL sometimes causes malfunctions in some guns.

Ivan, whats going on after april? huge price increase? if so, im gonna be mad....

I was at the Bass Pro Shop in St. Charles, MO on Saturday night. I was checking out their ammo prices. Not much off the WWB around, but what I did see was still priced higher than Wal-Mart.

Bass Pro did have the Remington/UMC black and yellow labeled 250 round boxes. Don't really remember a price on the 9mm, but the .45 230 gr FMJ was going for $33 or $34 something. That's less than $7/ box of 50. IIRC, that is a better price than Wal-Mart's WWB .45's.

http://www.dealerease.net/catalog/product....2&ret_id=373508

Try this if you must have federal, this is the best that I know of.

They were 125.00 plus shipping. Natchess was 108.00 plus shipping. Ended up 120.00 a 1000 delivered.

That is some great intel, thanks, what was the S/H like? If you don't mind me asking, just a ball park, in case i need to finance an operation like this.