Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is It Still Winter?

Tonight

Partly Cloudy

Low 17° F

Precip: 20%

Clear to partly cloudy. A few flurries or snow showers possible. Low 17F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

Sunset: 6:12 PM

Tomorrow

Sunny

Sunny High

36° F

Precip: 0%

Mainly sunny. High 36F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

Sunrise: 7:39 AM

Tomorrow Night

Snow Showers Late

Low 27° F

Precip: 40%

Partly cloudy skies early then some snow showers later at night. Low 27F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.

Sunset: 6:13 PM

That's not fair! You're in Nevada and it's that warm? I'm in sunny Florida and it is quite cold. I was in Gainesville this morning and there was solid frost (aka ice) on the car windows. I'm back home now and it is bright and sunny but only in the 60s. 60s in Florida, with our high humidity, is COLD!

Bob :(

I'm back home now and it is bright and sunny but only in the 60s. 60s in Florida, with our high humidity, is COLD!

I'm trying to work up something sympathy . . . nope, can't do it . . . just looked out the window at the patchy snow . . . still have to have a fire in the barrel to shoot for any length of time in order to keep the fingers from freezing . . . <_<:)

Tonight

Partly Cloudy

Low 17° F

Precip: 20%

Clear to partly cloudy. A few flurries or snow showers possible. Low 17F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

Sunset: 6:12 PM

Tomorrow

Sunny

Sunny High

36° F

Precip: 0%

Mainly sunny. High 36F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

Sunrise: 7:39 AM

Tomorrow Night

Snow Showers Late

Low 27° F

Precip: 40%

Partly cloudy skies early then some snow showers later at night. Low 27F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.

Sunset: 6:13 PM

Somebody please tell me, once again, that moving to Kaintuck was a good idea :o

Huh ... You live in a friking DESERT area. I think it would be odd if it wasnt hot, any time of the year. Though I do have to say that I wore shorts doing yard work last weekend in february in New Jersey. I'm loving this global warming shit!* More hair spray please!!

*Recent unseasonably warmth seems to have nothing with global warming as Europe is freezing. This January was stupid warm because the jet stream was particularly straight and high for a bit, mostly following the US/Canada border and blocking artic air. Presumably it carried it all to Europe. Yay for the jet stream.

High today 53 degrees

Overnight lows near 30

Humidity 75-80% (it's usually that or more a lot of the time)

Sunny skies (first time in months!!)

Not exactly winter, not exactly spring. However, the early flowering trees are... well... flowering, and the bulb vegetation has poked thru the soil clearly all around town. :)

Still damn' cold in the shade, though...!!! :o

Weather predicted to remain about the same thru the remainder of the week. ;)

Moving here was a great idea Kath, we're glad to have you!

(now quit your whining and get some ammo loaded for the steel match Sunday)

Thanks Dale - and RB is loading ammo as I type, BUT - we're going to the 2 Dayton matches sunday!

Well as long as you are shooting. :) Uh, you're not shooting Sunday at the indoor range are you?

Gorilla,

here you are a few pics from my 2-weeks business trip, ended last weekend, that I took to Rostock (former East Germany, on the baltic sea):

post-1869-1139468950_thumb.jpg

Former URSS submarine (now museum) supposedly floating in the baltic sea...

post-1869-1139468965_thumb.jpg

Me, actually walking on the baltic sea...

post-1869-1139468980_thumb.jpg

baltic sea, icebergs cracking from ice pack...

As you might be able to guess, it's still winter up there: day temperature was around -18°C (somewhere in the -1°F neighbourhood, for you non-metric guys).

Brrrrrrrrrr

Edited by Skywalker