Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kansas Sectional

pskys2

Mike Carmoney gave lessons to all the Revolver Shooters at the Kansas Sectional. Promises to hold a Seminar next year on "Master Tips on Polishing with your Dremel".

It shouldn't be long and Mike will join the ranks of "M" with a Revolver.

Cliff Walsh 2nd

Mike Luttrell 3rd

Roger Davis 4th

Looks Like I was just getting to hold Mike Luttrell's Trophy. Oh well he is planning on whuppin me again at his ICORE match in a couple of weeks, so I'll just hold it hostage so he won't whup on me bad... He can buy it back with Pizzas.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, this is Stephanie. Mike and I had a great time at the match. We didn't shoot our best, but didn't shoot our worst, either. The best part was the people, though. We talked on the way home and decided that wheelgunners are just more fun to be around than most of the guys shooting bottom feeders.

Coming from you two, that's the nicest compliment I can recall in a long time. :wub:

Mike Carmoney gave lessons to all the Revolver Shooters at the Kansas Sectional. Promises to hold a Seminar next year on "Master Tips on Polishing with your Dremel".

It shouldn't be long and Mike will join the ranks of "M" with a Revolver.

Cliff Walsh 2nd

Mike Luttrell 3rd

Roger Davis 4th

Looks Like I was just getting to hold Mike Luttrell's Trophy. Oh well he is planning on whuppin me again at his ICORE match in a couple of weeks, so I'll just hold it hostage so he won't whup on me bad... He can buy it back with Pizzas.

Let's see the rest of the results!

Bubber, I'm reciting the top 4 from memory, if you got the trophy then I had your placement confused. And confusion isn't something I'm a stranger to. I'm anxious to see the whole results on-line also.

All I can say is Mike Lutrell's a whiz with the left handed reload and watching Bubber makes me want to use speed loaders. He makes it look smooth and easy.

And even though Bubber shot minor, I never once saw his bullets hanging in mid air.

Thanks for the compliment Steph, with competitors like yourself and Mike and all the others, how can one not step up and feel good about it. Shooting Revo right now captures the feeling of competing in IPSC's early days. More of a fraternal club feel than a win at any cost thing.

Follow up question, how did you Revo's like the courses?

Would you like:

Harder shots?

More Turners/Stars/Movers?

More movement?

Which course did you enjoy the most?

Which course the least? (Let me guess Bagmaster Dan will pick the Standards on this).

If I had my way we'd do a weekend, before the Mississippi. But, I'd bet it'll be the 19th next year also (we usually shoot on the 3rd Sunday). Maybe Mississippi will do 1 day and we can all hit both.

It was AWESOME to see 2 full Squads of Revo's come thru, without a bottom feeder anywhere to interrupt the conga line.

Edited by pskys2

Would you like:

Harder shots?

Not for me please. Well, you know what I mean.

Not really. We all ended up blowing by one or more of the drop turners because they weren’t worth the reloads. I do enjoy movers that are activated by a popper or platform or some such, but unless they are non-disappearing or doable without adding a reload, the work of setting it up and the fun of figuring out how to shoot it is lost. I’m also not a big fan of the major gimmicks that have shown up at certain matches. The windmill comes to mind ….

More movement?

Yes please. I really don’t like “stand and shoot” stages. Everybody gets enough of these at monthly club matches because they are easy to set up and 98% of all classifiers are “Standing in box A blah blah mandatory reload blah blah” and etc. 3 ½ of the stages (counting the all-steel stage with 3 ports as ½ ) were very little movement stages. I know there is a strong contingent that likes standards, but shooting and reloading during movement is one of the few ways revo shooters can close ground on the bottom feeders in this game.

How will I know that until I see the scores? Just kidding. I probably liked Stage one best. It might have been an even better stage to have had the option of starting from the opposite end. I might have had a shot at that other drop turner that way....

Which course the least? (Let me guess Dan will pick the Standards on this).

I’m with Dan on this one whether I zeroed it or not. Four Bill Drills at 25 yards in two strings at amoeba targets just isn’t my idea of a fun stage at an outdoor action pistol match. I also didn’t care much for the swinging El Presidente.

It was AWESOME to see 2 full Squads of Revo's come thru, without a bottom feeder anywhere.

That was the best part of the whole match for me and the main reason I was there this year.

I see no reason why we can't build as big a following for revolvers out here in the middle of the country as has been built in California for the IRC. The challenge will be the quality of the matches and how well we lead the sport.

B)

Looks Like I was just getting to hold Mike Luttrell's Trophy.

I only got a quick look at the results, Bubber, but I remembered you being in 3rd place overall, with Mike L. in 4th place I think.

I have to admit to being a little frustrated at the final results not being posted yet. The complete official results for the MS match were on the USPSA website within a couple hours.... The only explanation I can think of is that Cliff and Dan chipped in and paid off the statistician to "lose" the results..... ;)

WalterMitty, you pretty much summed up what I feel.

The stats aren't "Lost". I think the guy is just burnt out and is a little slow on getting them posted.

I hope they do get them posted this week, I want to know what I needed to catch up with Dr. Dremel. I lost ground from last year!!! Bagmaster Dan and I only have a week to get ready to face him down again at the Iowa Sectional.

I liked the courses of fire. At no time did we have to take a standing reload unless we missed ( and then I sorta hunkerd down when I reloaded on the Texas Star of Death)

Would you like:

Harder shots?

color=#FF0000]

Shots are only as hard as yu make them on yourself. I had to make A's. But that was my choice when I chose to shoot minor.

Turners and movers are fun when one does not have to make the standing reload to engage them. Stars I love them even though I was not stellar on the one stage. Dissapearing targets work best when round count and design would cause the Revo Shooter a standing reload. That way we could not engage if it worked better for us.

More movement?

color=#FF0000]

The stages that were movement had the right amount of movement,( Now that I am decrepid I do not enjoy track meets.) You had 3 stand and shoots One all steel with little movement. Maybe one less stand and shoot and one more movement type.

color=#FF0000]

I liked the Standard and the steel stage because of the difficulty of it and because it is a great equalizer of Minor and Major.

Which course the least? (Let me guess Bagmaster Dan will pick the Standards on this).

color=#FF0000]

I can not say that I did not (not enjoy) any of the stages. I did not do well on a few but I did enjoy them anyway.

I'd have to say that i liked all that the match had to offer.......................If you had a weakness.. (steel, standards, star, backing up on the move) You were going to find it........it had just about what a match needed.

Mike did an awesome job of showing no-mercy in being consistent......He rocked everyones world in Kansas......Congrats Mike.......posted results or not.

Also...In meeting Dave Williams for the first time, I'd like to say that he is a "TRUE" ambassador of the sport and the Revo div......He did an oustanding job as RO, match organizer, and competitor.....Thanks Dave

If I had my way we'd do a weekend, before the Mississippi. But, I'd bet it'll be the 19th next year also (we usually shoot on the 3rd Sunday). Maybe Mississippi will do 1 day and we can all hit both.

Mark your calendar because John has already reserved the 3rd weekend in May 2007. It's already on the USPSA match calander. We'll shoot for 20 again. He did say something about changing the format but I don't know what it will be. :)

Also...In meeting Dave Williams for the first time, I'd like to say that he is a "TRUE" ambassador of the sport and the Revo div......He did an oustanding job as RO, match organizer, and competitor.....Thanks Dave

Absolutely. From the steak dinner he organized for us on Friday night (where Dan had Cliff's Silver Bullet waiting for him in a little ice bucket just as El Conquistador requested) to the special prizes he built especially for the wheelgunners, Dave did a great job of helping make Kansas a real destination match this year. I thought the match was very well done, good combination of shooting challenges, pretty much fun across the board.

And thanks to all the revolver shooters who traveled in from many states away to make this a quality match, particularly those who sprung for plane tickets. I was impressed with the quality of revo shooting across the board, Doug and I talked about it on the way back home, and we agreed there were absolutely no "scrubs" on the revolver squads, literally everybody shooting a wheelgun was pretty dang proficient. And as always, we were perpetually the fastest squads getting through the stages, to the ROs' amazement and delight!

Ahhh, gee guys I'm blushing thru the 3rd degree Sunburn.

The Overall Combined Match Results are posted:

http://www.capitalcitygunclub.com/pistol/r...06/sfc06all.htm

The link to the Division Results seems to be broken. I'll drop a note to the stats guy, hopefully it'll get fixed quickly.

Thanks again to you all, this has to be one of the highlights of my competition experience dating back to 1979.

Can't wait to run into this group again.

Dave Williams

Look closely at Cliff's eyes. If'n he goes to the carribean again, well Carmoney make sure he doesn't get a lock of your hair somewhere. Wonder if a used piece of brass from your gun can be used with a Voodoo Doll?

More pictures:

BTW, several of these came out very poorly, but I'll put them up anyway so you can get an idea of the show.

Winners all. :)

post-5714-1148489684_thumb.jpg

post-5714-1148489761_thumb.jpg

post-5714-1148489804_thumb.jpg

post-5714-1148489854_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waltermitty

Some of those pictures look like they were a Cliff's-eye-view of the evening after he took his "medication". :D:D:D

I assumed the BDM™* in the camera was inverted, hence Cliff's crystal clear picture (obviously taken after festivities were under way) compared to the fuzzy snap of Bubber and Double Action taken before we were seated and served.

(*Beer Differential Modulator)

Now that I have a little time.....

Congrats to Carmoney on a great match win!!!!!!

Mike, you did good.......but that one little Mike/no shoot penalty.......Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.

Still room for improvement. ;)

Good luck at the Iowa Section, seems like D. Carden wants a rematch. :huh::blink::wacko:

Hopalong