Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kansas Sectional

pskys2

Baloney sandwiches at pool side Ken........................??????

I'm in buddy

I'll bring my speedo..... :o

Who has the Sharp stick, I need to poke out my minds eye, again...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baloney sandwiches at pool side Ken........................??????

I'm in buddy

I'll bring my speedo..... :o

Who has the Sharp stick, I need to poke out my minds eye, again...

There's some things that shouldn't even be imagined,

I finally re-read my info email from Steve Mc. Lunch & Beverages will be provided. :P

You are bringing the pool toys aren't you Bubber?

You guys have a great match and plan for us next year. We have vendors and we don't allow speedo's :P:D:P

Good Luck All.

BWANA SIX-GUN

You too Bwana! Nice to know there's a bunch of wheels in action this weekend, even if we are split in two different venues.

You guys have a great match and plan for us next year. We have vendors and we don't allow speedo's :P:D:P

Good Luck All.

BWANA SIX-GUN

I guess next year I'll break out my thong.....Does the string side go in the front or back???

Well I'm sorry to say the match was cancelled due to a chemical spill. We were not able to get on the range. Maybe next year. It was great to see everyone though.

Any results posted are false and should be ignored.

ps. Carmoney lies...

Well I'm sorry to say the match was cancelled due to a chemical spill. We were not able to get on the range. Maybe next year. It was great to see everyone though.

ps. Carmoney lies...

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtains.... :lol: ...Toto..Toto... Where are you Toto?

Good Luck All.

BWANA SIX-GUN

I guess next year I'll break out my thong.....Does the string side go in the front or back???

That is a visual that I don't even want to think about. :D:P:D

Next year's match is going to be on the calendar for the same week-end. May 18-20. Mark it down and be ready for some great shooting. With luck we will go ten stages and hopefully one day format, but no promises.

ps. Carmoney lies...

I believe the "Chemical spill" happended at the Texas Road House while Cliff was riding the saddle in celebration, B) the chemical was of Rocky Moutain origin. Despite the "spill" it was a fantastic match. It was a truley revolver competitive match. While "someone" did finish ahead of the rest of us it was no slam dunk. A certain Iowa fellow "Doug" shot the match with a couple of broken fingers and was shooting left handed, just to show it could be done. Another Left handed revolver shooter showed a strong finish. I think his name was Mike Luttrell. he is sure smooth and fast wiht his reloads. Stephanie Luttrell did some more of her whuppin up on the guys there also. :D Can't wait to see the total results, I beleive it was a tight race.

Can't wait to see the total results, I beleive it was a tight race.

Almost as tight as a 200 grain bullet over a steel plate?

What a great match!! I really enjoyed shooting with two whole squads of realgunners. It was also a treat to watch Sweet Tea put damn near every round in the A zone on the 25 yard standard stage. I'm sure that the reason I didn't beat the B's, A's and Masters is that I was just in awe of all that talent! Thanks, guys, for making this a really fun road trip and a great match.

I believe the "Chemical spill" happended at the Texas Road House while Cliff was riding the saddle in celebration, B) the chemical was of Rocky Moutain origin.

I forgot to mention pictures will be available for a small fee. And Cliff for a slightly higher fee we could "lose " the negatives. B)

I believe the "Chemical spill" happended at the Texas Road House while Cliff was riding the saddle in celebration, B) the chemical was of Rocky Moutain origin.

I forgot to mention pictures will be available for a small fee. And Cliff for a slightly higher fee we could "lose " the negatives. B)

Yeah, the one showing him doing "The Cowboy" with both hands on his "Saddle Horn" should fetch a particularly good price.

(oops, I had resolved not to mention that until all sealed bids were in.)

click click click

yes that is me clicking my red ruby slippers together...... but I can't wake up....

(yes Dan, I borrowed your shoes)

How does that sandwich taste?????

This was my first match shooting with the Revo Boys and Girl(you go Stephanie!) and let me tell you it was the most fun I have had at a match in years! If anyone has the opportunity go for it. It was really neat to see the shooting skill prevail over any "perceived" equipment advantage! The friendly rivalry was a hoot too!

DougC

This was my first match shooting with the Revo Boys and Girl(you go Stephanie!) and let me tell you it was the most fun I have had at a match in years! If anyone has the opportunity go for it. It was really neat to see the shooting skill prevail over any "perceived" equipment advantage! The friendly rivalry was a hoot too!

DougC

Well, you definately get the "Broken Glass Wheel Gunner" award for low crawling through 8 stages of broken glass to play with us.

I hope your hand is all healed up when we see you again!!

For those who've been following this thread, I'll explain that DougC is an excellent wheelgunner, but a couple weeks before the match he suffered a crushing fracture to the ring finger on his right (dominant) hand. Rather than bail out on us, he taught himself how to do a weak-hand reload, and shot the whole match left-handed, drawing from his regular holster and transferring the gun over before engaging targets.

It was a very, very impressive display of perseverence.

It was great to shoot with so many wheelgunners, I didn't catch the final number but I think there were 18 revolvers on board for this match. That's awesome, considering we struggled to hit 5 wheels last year. All 5 of us from last year were back, along with a whole bunch of heavy hitters from literally all across the US.

I was also particularly impressed by the performances of Stephanie Luttrell (whom I believe is easily the best female revolver shooter in the game), and good ol' Bubber (the fastest speedloader guy alive).

Kudos to Dave Williams, for initiating the effort to round up the roundgunners, and to KS SC Jerry Nelson, who made a point to give us special recognition at the shooter's meeting and at the awards presentations--we appreciate it, guys!

Great people--great match! Already looking forward to next year!

18 revo shooters? Way cool!

Congrats to all who shot the match. Are the results posted ?

~Randy

Not yet, but they ought to be here when they're posted:

http://www.capitalcitygunclub.com/pistol/results/may06.html

I want to personally thank you Randy for being an important match sponsor.

Revo was the third largest division at the match behind Limited and Open in that order. I got the impression that the match organizers may have been a little concerned about their own personal immigration problem (although we were only doing the divisons Kansans didn't want to do ;) )

This match kind of spoiled me by having so many other wheelgunners to shoot with and learn from. The stages were such that there were usually multiple ways for a 6-shooter to solve the problems, and it was instructive to watch some of our sport's best shoot them.

Ditto on Stephanie being a superb shooter. Her husband is no slouch, either! The best part is that both are really nice people, too. They are always willing to help or encourage other folks. They also put on some damn fine matches of their own.

It was a real pleasure to meet and shoot with all of you other folks, and I learned more about revolver shooting at this match than any other I've been to. Thanks to the shooters and the organizers, as well as the cadre of folks working the stages.

I want to personally thank you Randy for being an important match sponsor.

Yes, I meant to mention that also. Randy donated two valuable certificates to the prize table, and they went quickly. Shooters should remember to patronize those businesses who step up and support our sport like that.

Hey guys, this is Stephanie. Mike and I had a great time at the match. We didn't shoot our best, but didn't shoot our worst, either. The best part was the people, though. We talked on the way home and decided that wheelgunners are just more fun to be around than most of the guys shooting bottom feeders.

Mike Carmoney gave lessons to all the Revolver Shooters at the Kansas Sectional. Promises to hold a Seminar next year on "Master Tips on Polishing with your Dremel".

It shouldn't be long and Mike will join the ranks of "M" with a Revolver.

Cliff Walsh 2nd

Mike Luttrell 3rd

Roger Davis 4th

If I remember correctly there were:

88 Shooters overall

24 Limited

20 Open

16 Revolver

14 Production

12 Limited 10

We had 3 Master Revolvers, for a Class Award. You're hard pressed to find 3 Masters at any Area Champs for Ltd 10. I think the only Revo Class below M that didn't have 3 was "D". Maybe that says something for Quality? Who da' thunk it, REVO being the 3rd largest Division in a USPSA Match!!!!!

It was a hard fought match, with nobody giving an inch. And despite any mud slingin' it was Mike Carmoney who made the fewest mistakes, and shot the smoothest, though Cliff definitely had the quickest Reloads I saw.

As a reference the course I ran had shooters backing up 25', then going forward 25' with 16 targets at 5-15 yds.

Cliff smoked thru with a 21 Second run, and several Revo's were under 26 seconds. The fastest time of the day was 11.68 with an Open, 11.9 with a Limited and 15 with L10-Prod. There were fewer than a couple of dozen auto's that broke 21 seconds!

I had several comments on the speed and effeciency of the Revo's. I was very proud to be in their midst.