Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kansas Sectional

pskys2

CCPS in Topeka, Ks. is hosting the Kansas Sectional on May 19-20, 2006. It is a 1 day format with RO's and (I think) limited others shooting on Friday.

This is part of the Sunflower Classic CCPS has run for the last 5 years or so. Last year we had 5 Revo shooters show up with Mike Carmoney taking HOA.

They will again recognize Revo if we have enough competitors (5 or more).

So, who's going to shcedule this. The courses are usually fairly close up hoser types, with a few activated moving targets in the mix. If you like Run'n'Gunnin' with a Revo this is your kind of match (if past years are any indication).

The range is only an hour west of KC, right off I-70. And KC is hosting the Area 3 less than a month later (June 16th). This would be good practice for this years Area Champs, get a lay of the land and weather.

I'm planning on shooting Revo.

Who else?

Dave

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just added it to my calendar, will clear it with my social coordinator. Will you keep us posted here?

Last time in Topeka many years ago. Will need advice on hotels, directions, etc.

Just added it to my calendar, will clear it with my social coordinator. Will you keep us posted here?

Last time in Topeka many years ago. Will need advice on hotels, directions, etc.

Mister Mitty:

We stayed at the Holiday Inn by the interstate, if memory serves it's sorta on the NW side of town, not a bad drive from the range. Had dinner at the Texas Roadhouse last year, it's a chain, but I sorta like that kind of atmosphere. When we get closer time-wise, maybe we can coordinate a wheelgunner's get-together (with selected bottomfeeders welcome!) the night before.

It's always a privilege to see a gen-you-wine, bone-uh-fide Master of the Revolver (in this case, pskys2) in action!!! Those guys are rare--kinda like giant pandas. :D

Mister Mitty:

We stayed at the Holiday Inn by the interstate, if memory serves it's sorta on the NW side of town, not a bad drive from the range. Had dinner at the Texas Roadhouse last year, it's a chain, but I sorta like that kind of atmosphere. When we get closer time-wise, maybe we can coordinate a wheelgunner's get-together (with selected bottomfeeders welcome!) the night before.

It's always a privilege to see a gen-you-wine, bone-uh-fide Master of the Revolver (in this case, pskys2) in action!!! Those guys are rare--kinda like giant pandas. :D

A get-together sounds like fun, we need to build up the base out here in fly-over country. Have to be careful about bottom feeders though, somma them ain't got no manners.

A Giant Panda huh, what do they taste like? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

The application is posted with a link at:

http://www.capitalcitygunclub.com/pistol/ccps.html

The deadline is May 1 and a limit of 80 shooters. Will be a 1 day 180 round USPSA Sectional Match.

There is a map at the link above also.

I've convinced them to give out a Revo Placque with 5 competitors and it looks as if we have 4 promised at present. I kind of bragged that we could get 10 this year. I even have some Moon Caddies (will hold 30 loaded Moon Clips) left I'll get them to award to 1st and Last in Revo.

This is a very beautiful and accesible Range, just off of I70 and just west of Topeka, Ks.

Hope to see you there,

Dave

P.S. Last years winner was Mike Carmoney.

• 3 weeks later...

I might have to give this match serious thought. I was looking at Miss classic but the one day shoot works out much better for me.

I guess it comes down to which match has the most :wub: beer?????

Cliff, You heard John offer to buy the beer at the Mississippi Classic....... AND I will not bring any of that "sippin" stuff you claim to have let kick your ass. ;)

Good luck on the Match, hope you get your 10 if not more! :D

HOP

Y'know Cliff,

I shudder to think what sort of god-awful perversions those hilljacks have planned for you down in Mississippi, once they get you all liquored up with that free "beer." So unless you have Burt Reynolds standing by with his compound bow, I really think you'd be much safer out here shooting with us wholesome farm boys.

Plus, I know the Kansas crowd would love seeing a "Master versus Master" showdown! It really is a good match.

Cliff,

May I remind you that FLORIDA is in the SOUTH and that you need to support our sport in the SOUTH :P

SO..........should you decide NOT to support the South and it's GREAT traditions you might as well just move on up to Bluebelly land...or even out to the left coast and keep D. Carden from getting too big a head as the left coast King of the Wheel. ;)

HOPALONG

American by Birth.......SOUTHERN by the GRACE of GOD! :D

I lost a few a teeth on that one Jerry.............. :wacko::wacko: (Now i look like Hopalong)

Kick'n me in the chops wont raise your score any............. :P:P

Its work'n though........ i'll bring John B. with me up to Oregon and let you beat-up on us some..................NOT !!!!!....... :D:D:D

WARNING: MAJOR THREAD DRIFT

Hey Dan,

You know I'm just trying to make sure we have a rematch this year......

.......I'll worry about you kicking my butt later :blink:

After all you do realize I was just kidding........right.......

....Dan ???.......:o:unsure:

Maybe the Anniversary Present will be when you get back. I suggest stopping at the Mall just off of I70 and go to Brimans Jewelers. They'll fix you up with something real nice. Good idea to give something to the better half on occassion. Just back from a Match Surprise Present can gain you big!

Hope to see you there,

Dave

My wife says that even though this match is on our 22nd anniversary, she will let me go. I think her anniversary present is to have me out of the house for a bit!!

ROAD TRIP!!

C'mon up Gil, bring the hog and the hawgleg. We're easy to find.

Carmoney will be doing DeNiro impressions all day Saturday. Last years theme was Clint Eastwood Movies and now I realize the "squint" of his last year was affected. But, the dry wit is all his own.

It will be a Sectional, eligible for the Point Series. My guess is lots of close to medium shots and smokin' runs to be made.

It will be a Sectional, eligible for the Point Series. My guess is lots of close to medium shots and smokin' runs to be made.

Do we need to send applications in together to be squadded or will you be building a Revo Super Squad?

I see Area 3 is using on-line squadding. B)

It looks like Area 4 is not. :(

We traditionally have the R.O.'s and anyone else who "needs to" shoot on Friday PM. Everyone else goes on Saturday.

The shooters meeting is around 8:00am.

There are usually 10 squads and you don't have to send in entries together.

When you send in your entry just ask to be squadded with the other Revolver Shooters.

I'll make sure and remind the staff a few times.

They use a modified Florida Squadding System, where your squad stays together and goes from range to range with another squad. One squad works the course, while the other shoots, then they switch. But, we have dedicated R.O.'s to run you through.

Remember Walt we have Major/Minor. Any one else have any questions on the difference between ICORE/IDPA and USPSA. Ask and we'll help you out.

We traditionally have the R.O.'s and anyone else who "needs to" shoot on Friday PM. Everyone else goes on Saturday.

The shooters meeting is around 8:00am.

There are usually 10 squads and you don't have to send in entries together.

When you send in your entry just ask to be squadded with the other Revolver Shooters.

I'll make sure and remind the staff a few times.

They use a modified Florida Squadding System, where your squad stays together and goes from range to range with another squad. One squad works the course, while the other shoots, then they switch. But, we have dedicated R.O.'s to run you through.

Remember Walt we have Major/Minor. Any one else have any questions on the difference between ICORE/IDPA and USPSA. Ask and we'll help you out.

Can we use Bubber's chronograph? ;)