Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kansas Sectional

pskys2

App is going out tomorrow.

Mike,

No need for the ride.

This will be a "quickie" for me. Work is piling up.

So, I'll fly into KC on Fri, go home on Sun.

Then, be back the next Fri for the OOPS match.

P.S.

FWIW, My wife had a dream last night that she shot a match in Revo div..............and she doesn't shoot.....at all !!!!

Could this be a "sign" of some sort.....???? :wacko::wacko:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

App is going out tomorrow.

Mike,

No need for the ride.

This will be a "quickie" for me. Work is piling up.

So, I'll fly into KC on Fri, go home on Sun.

Then, be back the next Fri for the OOPS match.

P.S.

FWIW, My wife had a dream last night that she shot a match in Revo div..............and she doesn't shoot.....at all !!!!

Could this be a "sign" of some sort.....???? :wacko::wacko:

Yeah, a sign that Revo is a communicable disease. :rolleyes:

OK Guys here's what it's looking like.

There will be 80 total Competitors at the Sunflower Classic.

I just got back from KC and so far it looks like we have:

4 Kansas/Missouri,

2 Florida,

4 Oklahoma and

3 Iowa competitors (if both Dan and Doug shoot Revo)

That's 13!

Mike is Sam coming?

We may get close to 20% of the whole match.

2-USPSA Masters and at least 1-ICORE Master(?)

This may get interesting.

Next weekend, the 19th, is Topeka's monthly match. I should be able to get there and have a little more info. The SC did tell me that the courses are looking a lot more Revo friendly than years past. He didn't think there were any field courses requiring a standing reload for us numerically challenged ones.

Dave

3 Iowa competitors (if both Dan and Doug shoot Revo)

That's 13!

Mike is Sam coming?

Dave, this is awesome news, particularly considering last year there wasn't even a "Rev" box to check on the entry form (until you rounded up a sparse few and insisted the division be recognized, donating a nice prize out of your own inventory)!

Unfortunately, Sam can't make it. The Sunflower is right in the heart of his baseball season, and there will only be 11 guys on his team this year. Gotta let him keep things balanced, I know when not to push.

Now.....we can consider this next guy an honorary Iowegan for purposes of this match....but actually Dan Carden hails from the beautiful Bay Area in California. Doug Carden is a born and bred Iowa farmboy all the way. They're both good shooters and friends of mine (or as they say in the mafia, "friends of ours") who coincidentally share the same last name.

Who would have thought the Sunflower Classic would become a major revolver destination match, with shooters flying in from Florida and California to battle it out? Check it out--3 out of the top 4 overall Revolver shooters from the 2005 USPSA National Championships will be at this match!! (I think that's called a hat trick or box quinella or some shit like that...) There are only a handful of actual Masters in our division nationwide, and several of them will be shooting in Topeka!

Yeah, man!....this is gonna be big fun.

Edited by Carmoney

And don't forget that Bubber is an ICORE Open Master (I think).

I understand with Sam. Especially with his talent, he could easily start seeing stars and get a swelled head. Though from meeting him, I'd say that's impossible.

Sorry to hear you can't make it Keith, but it's understandable. Don't get frostbite setting up!

Our new SC here in KS is a really nice guy, that WANTS to do the right thing. He had to push pretty hard for the Sectional. I think it'll be worth it.

I'm glad I'll be shooting on Friday. I'm going to be Star Struck with all of the imported talent. Hope I remember to follow the competitors and don't drop the timer.

Man I'm EXCITED!!!

Mike, Check your PM.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Will we be getting a confirmation when our entries are recieved?

Helllloooooooo? Anybody home? I've got a room reserved at the Thunderdome. I can bring some targets and we can stick them up around the pool for dry-fire practice. You think anyody will care?

B)

I've got rubber bullets...talk about good clean fun

You probably got a rubber.....??.........also.

Anybody got a confirmation yet.....Its been four weeks and i haven't heard anything......

OK. So it's flip-flops and rubber bullets at the pool Friday night? Walkthrough will start about 7:30.

;)

That is if pskys2 hasn't absconded with the entry fees....

Hey, it's nice here in Havana. Got all this extra cash.

Guys they won't let me near the money, I didn't even get involved in the course design. I'm just gonna work setting 'em up and running one.

Yes, they will send out an email confirmation, usually a few weeks before the match. But, I will personally ask the SC if he's got you guys in. (Waltermitty isn't your real name is it?) I'm sure if it gets sent in before May 1, your in. Or I'll throw a real big hissy fit, which aint pretty, HA!!HA!!

They also never post the courses. And I haven't seen 'em this year either.

Carmoney said something about eating at the Timberline.

Hey, it's nice here in Havana. Got all this extra cash.

Guys they won't let me near the money, I didn't even get involved in the course design. I'm just gonna work setting 'em up and running one.

Yes, they will send out an email confirmation, usually a few weeks before the match. But, I will personally ask the SC if he's got you guys in. (Waltermitty isn't your real name is it?) I'm sure if it gets sent in before May 1, your in. Or I'll throw a real big hissy fit, which aint pretty, HA!!HA!!

They also never post the courses. And I haven't seen 'em this year either.

Carmoney said something about eating at the Timberline.

Define "real".

It's just time to get vacation requests in and to re-send the app and check if this turns out to be one of the million pieces of mail the USPS loses every year.

The timberline sounds fine.

Like you could have my spot, if they lost yours. And then they could find someone else to RO a course. And if it's like the past years, it's usually one that needs hustle, big lungs, loud mouth or a LOT of Running. HA!HA!

They're a pretty good group of guys and if there was something screwed up, they'd make it right. Or I will.

Ok guys there are 11 Revo Shooters,

Mike

Cliff

Myself

Dan

Doug

Roger

Steve

Ken

Scott

Richiro

Widebrook

One of those you WalterMitty?

Yep! See me at the match to find out which one! Or two!

Hint: I'll be wearing glasses, hearing protection and a 6 shooter.

Hint: I am not Myself. :wacko:

OOOH! I love a good Mystery!

Hint: Waltermitty looks like a cross between Charles Nelson Riley, Don Rickles, and Burt Reynolds (when he had hair). I hope I haven't made this too easy.

BTW, I am on that list and I thank you.

So I look like an episode of Hollywood Squares?

That seems harsh. :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Guys just got word, there are 15 Revolver Competitors signed up.

How many would be interested in a Friday Night get together someplace.

Texas Roadhouse was mentioned. I can see about reserving an area for then about 7 or 8 pm. There's also a Golden Corral, Red Lobster, Pizza Hut, Timberline, Outback, just about anything you can think of (Even a great Chineese place North of Topeka).

Let me know by next week, and I'll see about some of the locals at the next match.

Dave

Waltermitty, Bubber and I haven't coordinated our travel plans yet, but we have been arriving the night before a match so far this season. I would bet that we'd be up for a steak or burger somewhere. That's our last chance to be friendly before Bubber tells us who to hate because he is shooting better than we are.

Yeah Man, set us up. Since the Shooters meeting is at 8am Saturday morning I would be biased toward the 7pm time.

How late do you think activities will be going on at the range Friday? Just in case we get around early and want to recon the range?

WO! No Recons of the Range & Courses. I will be shooting Friday Afternoon and I don't need no "Cheering" to help me along. :D:D:D Heck I may not even read the course descriptions during the walk thru's for all you Revo Hot Shots!!!

Seriously, they plan on finishing set up Friday Morning and running the RO's and such thru that afternoon. Probably be someone there until at least 5pm, probably later in the past I didn't get out until closer to 7pm.

PM me and I'll send my cell phone # and you can give me a call to be sure.

I haven't seen any courses yet, but if we're there come on out. At the very least I can tell you how it looked Friday night. The Range is only 10 minutes west, on I-70, of the Motel strip on Wanamaker.