Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Area 8 Match

In order to minimize potential problems with shooters making early travel/vacation plans, please be advised that we are looking at changing the dates of the match. We were concentrating so much on finding suitable dates where the range and primary staff would all be available on a weekend which did not conflict with other major USPSA events, I just plain missed the Steel Challenge. Not only we would lose some top shooters, including those who reside in A8, but it might also affect our sponsor support.

We are aggressively searching for another potential date. It's too early to make an official announcement, but I will do so on the Area 8 website as soon as possible.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Shooters Paradise Forum

Gentlemen,

Due to a scheduling conflict with the Steel Challenge, the Area 8 Championship dates have been moved to July 20-23. This was the only alternate weekend which was acceptable to the range and the match staff.

The venue and all other previously announced information remain the same.

Additional details will be posted on the Area 8 website as they become available. You can look for the match application by the end of the month.

Please forward this information to your shooters.

Thanks,

George Jones

Area 8 Director

I have also added that to the original post at the beginning of the thread

Damn, that means I won't be able to go to the Multi-Gun nats. My wife won't want to hear me tell her 2 days afer the Area match I'm getting on a plane for a few more days away.

Oh well, Multi gun next year.

Thanks for the hard work and getting the match for us to shoot , George.

Good work George. Glad to see that the match is on. Unfotunately, with the date change I cannot make it but all you complainers out their owe George and the guys and ladies at Pitcairn Monroeville a big thank you for making this Area 8 match happen. Have a great time at the match.

Seems like an appropriate time to say the following to ALL of our Area Directors:

THANK YOU!!!

It is easy to forget that you are all volunteers and that you do your job for our benefit & out of a love for the sport. I think it is sometimes too easy for us (well , for me anyway) to forget that fact for a moment when leveling criticism. See everyone at the range,

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a unique opportunity for those of you planning on shooting the 2006 Area 8 Championship.

The A8 Match is scheduled for July 20 - 23, 2006 at Pitcairn-Monroeville - just "down the road" from us. This is our regular monthly match weekend at East Huntingdon, so we're expanding our monthly match to a two day event. If you're shooting A8 on Sunday, come on out to EH on Saturday and shoot a high quality monthly match as a warmup! If you shoot A8 on Saturday, stop by and get a match in before you head home.

Wow ..... A8 + EH = 15 stages over two days :D

For those of you unfamiliar with East Huntingdon, we hosted the 2005 Area 8, the 2000 USPSA Limited Nationals, and 4 Tri-State Championships in between. We're only 30 to 35 minutes away from the Area 8 match location. Our monthly matches consist of 4 stages and a classifier, with a reputation for big match level quality stages. We are also going to have a team rifle event that will have ranges from 25-300yds, all on steel.

Saturday registration is 12:00 to 1:00. Squads will begin shooting as they are formed. On Sunday, registration goes from 9:00 to 1:00.

Check out on our webpage for details, directions, and course designs. www.geocities.com/ehpsa

Hope to see you there!

Edited by Ron Rodgers

Here is a unique opportunity for those of you planning on shooting the 2006 Area 8 Championship.

The A8 Match is scheduled for July 20 - 23, 2006 at Pitcairn-Monroeville - just "down the road" from us. This is our regular monthly match weekend at East Huntingdon, so we're expanding our monthly match to a two day event. If you're shooting A8 on Sunday, come on out to EH on Saturday and shoot a high quality monthly match as a warmup! If you shoot A8 on Saturday, stop by and get a match in before you head home.

Wow ..... A8 + EH = 15 stages over two days :D

For those of you unfamiliar with East Huntingdon, we hosted the 2005 Area 8, the 2000 USPSA Limited Nationals, and 4 Tri-State Championships in between. We're only 30 to 35 minutes away from the Area 8 match location. Our monthly matches consist of 4 stages and a classifier, with a reputation for big match level quality stages. We are also going to have a team rifle event that will have ranges from 25-300yds, all on steel.

Saturday registration is 12:00 to 1:00. Squads will begin shooting as they are formed. On Sunday, registration goes from 9:00 to 1:00.

Check out on our webpage for details, directions, and course designs. www.geocities.com/ehpsa

Hope to see you there!

Thanks, Ron. I was trying to work it out to shoot A8 on Saturday to have my regular (and needed) monthly fix at EH. Now I get a two-fer, and can shoot both.

Life is good....

• 3 weeks later...

The 2006 Area 8 match registrations are coming in steadily.

SUNDAY SQUADS ARE NOW FULL !

Staff interest, however, is running well behind schedule. We are in

need of

all levels of stage staff and some experienced CROs. We can use

part-time

and full-time staff on all match days (including a few on Thursday

afternoon

while the full-time staff shoots the match).

Match details, including staff incentives:

http://www.uspsa8.org/Area8Championship.htm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...