Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stealth Arms Platypus

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/5/2024 at 6:57 PM, Barcode1337 said:

Running my Platypus as an Open Minor gun. Might try to make a major load for it, but we'll see if I want to risk beating it up. I do love the gun, though.

image.jpeg

Edited by cdfilmed

my wife isn't into shooting AT ALL, like, she'll come use my Model 41 and plink from time to time but not much else...

except the past few weeks she's been putting together builds on the Platypus' builder. She's made a Hello Kitty one, a Fisher Price color scheme one, and a bunch of others.

"Maybe I'll compete if you get me this cute one"

Part of me wants to try, but also like $2500 is a lot for her to come once and I don't wanna use a Hello Kitty one lol

1 hour ago, TheOneTrueAndre said:

my wife isn't into shooting AT ALL, like, she'll come use my Model 41 and plink from time to time but not much else...

except the past few weeks she's been putting together builds on the Platypus' builder. She's made a Hello Kitty one, a Fisher Price color scheme one, and a bunch of others.

"Maybe I'll compete if you get me this cute one"

Part of me wants to try, but also like $2500 is a lot for her to come once and I don't wanna use a Hello Kitty one lol

All depends on where you're coming from.

I bet there are guys who would gladly pay $2500 if it got their wife into shooting.

I also suspect there are guys who would pay that amount just to get their wife to leave them and their shooting alone, lol...

Of course it won't be just the $2500 for the gun. Now you have to build her a rig, belt, holster, pouches... ammo... 

On 5/5/2024 at 8:57 PM, Barcode1337 said:

Running my Platypus as an Open Minor gun. Might try to make a major load for it, but we'll see if I want to risk beating it up. I do love the gun, though.

image.jpeg

Have any video of this setup?

On 6/30/2024 at 9:36 PM, FF112173 said:

Have any video of this setup?

I guess I do! Not a super great video, and not a super great stage, but it does show me shooting this in that configuration.

With all of that, I do think I'll be changing it up a little. Probably get a better comp on it, as I don't think the one I'm using is very good. May even get brave enough to drill the frame for an optic mount.

45 minutes ago, Fimrire_RongLifle said:

Does that fit in a DAA  open holster with the carver? optic mount?

I have never used a DAA. I am currently using a CR Speed Glock holster modified by Carver to fit the mount, with a 3d printed insert in the trigger guard lock area to reduce the size to fit my Platypus.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 9:28 PM, szhttm said:

The following two holster styles from Black Scorpion Gear fit the Platypus with full-length dust cover and the square trigger guard:

1. https://www.blackscorpiongear.com/collections/2011-5-w-o-rail-holsters
  2. https://www.blackscorpiongear.com/products/pro-speed-holster-w-magnet

Good Luck and Be Safe!!!

😎

New holster options specifically for the Stealth Arms Platypus:

Good Luck and Be Safe!!!

😎

• 4 weeks later...

@Chillywig per stealth arms the safety, mag release and slide stop are proprietary to work with the angles required for Glock magazines. Not 100% sure on the ignition parts, but their factory parts are quite good. I’m not sure if it is, but their hammer sure looks like an egw. 

I got my new plat in today (prickle/bull barrel) and so far my only real “I wish I could change this right now” is the safety. It’s very positive and crisp, just thin. It’s rumored they will be coming out with extended ones. You can make a nitrofin work, they have photos on their site of the required modification to the pin, but it will not lock the slide back on empty. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a chance to handle one of these. First impression was everything weas good. Good trigger, grip, flicked the safeties. Nothing "needed" changed. I liked the looks of it too. Dude that was running it had zero issues with it in the steel match we shot. 

On 7/10/2024 at 9:50 PM, szhttm said:

New holster options specifically for the Stealth Arms Platypus:

Good Luck and Be Safe!!!

😎

The fit on the Black Scorpion race holster is 🗑️ 

Super loose. Lots of slop. Doesn’t fall out when locked… but ain’t exactly “made” for it. Had a STI2011 marking on the label. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2024 at 5:17 PM, Dirty_J said:

Super loose. Lots of slop. Doesn’t fall out when locked… but ain’t exactly “made” for it. Had a STI2011 marking on the label. 

I have the Double Alpha Max holster.  Works really well with the Platy.  Another benefit of the Max holster is that it can be easily adjusted to fit my other 2011.  I think it can also be easily adjusted to fit a 1911.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2024 at 8:17 PM, Dirty_J said:

Do you have the square trigger guard or the rounded trigger guard?

Good Luck and Be Safe!!!

😎

Edited by szhttm