Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why no 2011’s with classic lines?

Am I the only person left that wants a 2011 that doesn’t look like it was drawn up by a hyperactive 13 year old?

I have a STI Tactical which does it for me. Professional, too the point, no fluff.

I’m having a hard time with the creative elements of the Staccato or anything else 2011. The slide serrations are silly, too much bling all the way around.

I'm not sure what you mean, the 13 year old comment is that just about the Platypus? That's the only double stack 1911 that doesn't look classic.  Even Staccato which you mentioned can have standard or special serrations.  

Yea, with the latest manufacturing techniques, CAD and CAM, it's easy for the manufacturers to throw in a detail or two and catch the eye of people that like fancy stuff that basically just take a little more time to finish but with more expensive machinery. For me, coming from working in that environment for many years I like it to a point. But for me...it's the colors that turn me off.

To each their own! 

2 hours ago, Posvar said:

The older Edge and Eagle guns were well built and very classic looking. Miss that look. 

+1

'spensive but check out brazos custom, their new SMO etc