Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where did you buy your steel targets?

Looking to pick up a couple of each- mini poppers, full size pepper poppers, and 8” plates. Prices fluctuate wildly from $90 to over $300. This is for personal use only. What are the best deals of correctly sized steel you guys have found?

1 hour ago, Guy Neill said:

There are a number of good makers of steel targets. I've gone with MGM.

I think this is going to be overkill for me. I’m looking for 2 of each size to use a couple times a month. 

You sure you want falling steel for practice use?  I made some combo fall/not-fall bases for some AR-500 popper faces I picked up years ago and almost never use them in fall-down mode.

4 minutes ago, shred said:

You sure you want falling steel for practice use?  I made some combo fall/not-fall bases for some AR-500 popper faces I picked up years ago and almost never use them in fall-down mode.

Preferably no! I’m looking for something more like these-

https://shootsteel.com/product/3-8-steel-target-16-static-popper/

That price isn’t too bad either. Anyone here using them? 

7 hours ago, Jammer1911 said:

TargetsUSA.com

Jason is a real good guy to deal with. Everything I've gotten shipped in USPS Flat rate boxes.

I love his stuff, just make sure if you call Jason you’ve got 90 minutes to spare!

His poppers are great in that they can be EASILY set for static presentation.  Makes it easy to burn ammo,  get 2 and go  for endless transition drills until the gun gets too hot. 🔥

Edited by MikeyScuba

On 1/11/2024 at 4:49 PM, MikeyScuba said:

I love his stuff, just make sure if you call Jason you’ve got 90 minutes to spare!

His poppers are great in that they can be EASILY set for static presentation.  Makes it easy to burn ammo,  get 2 and go  for endless transition drills until the gun gets too hot. 🔥

Just got two of them from a friend of mine that did a "group buy" for some of us.  Very nice.

I also grabbed a couple of shoot steel static poppers as well.

• 2 weeks later...