Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok, I bought into the rumors and ordered 10,000 Federal Small Pistol Primers from Miwall, and bought this jug 'o powder from Sportsman's Warehouse. I only use 3 grains, so I should be good for a while.

ysrracer

23 hours ago, TRPOperator said:

Buy what you can, when you can. Lots of people were keeping only a years supply or so and over the last couple years were hurting and hunting primers. I keep 25k plus on hand and still buy replacement when available.

I'm 65, I just rejoined my shooting range until 2032 (making me 74, I think). I rolled the dice :)

I hope I have enough powder and primers to last that long (and that I'm still alive).

I went in Sportsmans warehouse and bought 1000 Federal spp for $60 plus tax. First primers I've bought in years. My wife said you've got primers in the closet, under the bed, don't buy anymore.  When the salesman asked for my number and saw my mame he said, I know you. We played football together in junior college. As soon as he said his first name I knew exactly who it was.  That was in 1972. Before going there I picked up a CZ75B compact from another place.

On 10/28/2023 at 9:22 AM, Zachjet said:

Target sports was 404 I think for 1000 shipped 

Maybe for 500? 4 cents/primer is way lower than anything I've seen since the bad times started.

5 minutes ago, MHicks said:

$404 for 1000 is 40 cents each. If it was a case of 5000 it's 8 cents each. Do the math guys.

lol...actually I'm good at math; I just have to pay attention to exactly what I'm reading... preoccupied I guess.

seriously though at this point I'm not sure what he paid for what quantity.

"404 for 1000" as stated is way way high; he probably meant 5000.

404 for a case of 5k is about right for where we are in todays market

6 minutes ago, ddc said:

lol...actually I'm good at math; I just have to pay attention to exactly what I'm reading... preoccupied I guess.

seriously though at this point I'm not sure what he paid for what quantity.

"404 for 1000" as stated is way way high; he probably meant 5000.

404 for a case of 5k is about right for where we are in todays market

I definitely meant 5000. Sorry guys 

My son-in-law always calls me when he finds primers, I have never said "no don't buy them".  Got lucky, a local reloader had 4K of Fiocchi SPP that was too small of a batch for him to load and track so he offloaded them to me at cost.  It was a good day!  As a kid Dad would send us to pick up 200K primers at a time.  

• 4 weeks later...