Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cell Phones

blackdragon

BOY!

If you are going to drive and talk on your cell phone......Make sure your car costs more than your cell phone!!!!.

I was driving home from work today, Home boy in a ford POS, Smoking ( The Car) and all over the road. 40MPH in a 65 zone. I get behind him and he is talking on his new high tech cell phone and driving like Sh@%t! Looked like a new slim line phone. Glad he was having a good time!!!

I have to say, I have some patience left, But I hate that stuff!!! :angry:

Ivan

Trip from Ft. Worth to Corpus yesterday, at least half the cars I passed or passed me the driver was on the phone. One car, man driving, woman passenger, both on the phone, couldnt help but wonder if they were talking to each other.------Larry

I walk along a major street in Mobile when I go to the gym. It amazes me how many people are driving with a phone in one hand or squeezed between the ear and shoulder.

It will make my day when the State of Alabama gets smart and outlaws handheld phones in vehicles.

Not that it will make much difference. An airhead is an airhead whether he/she/it has got a phone in their hand or not. <_<

As SigLady so aptly puts it..... AARRRRGGGGG

dj

I continue to marvel at the hordes of mental midgets who put their lives and the lives of those around them at risk every day to take or make that "important" call.

A few weeks ago, whilst motoring through the concrete squalor of Smell-A, four of us were admiring a Maserati Biturbo in the lane to the right of us. To set the stage, of course the driver was on his cell phone - no doubt a life or death conversation about, oh, say, picking up some milk at the store on the way home or those other earth-shakingly important matters folks discuss when they should be paying attention to their driving...

In an instant, the Maserati was slewing across two lanes with the brakes locked, trying to avoid rear-ending a line of stopped cars at an off ramp. He managed to miss the tail end of the queue by driving the car to the right into the sound barrier wall, but the cue-ball effect took over, and he proceeded to ricochet between the wall and four more cars before finally coming to a stop. Can you say - expensive scrap metal...

Unbelievably, when we got to him, he still had the phone clutched to the side of his face...

One of the most graphic reminders of the utter stupidity of using a cell phone while driving I've ever heard - hopefully, I'll ever hear - comes from a fellow in our company who listened to a friend die in a wreck...via his cell phone...

Wonder when they'll "get it"...

Not only do I drive with a cell call up I am also using my laptop!!! But I am a professional! LOL hahahha!!!!! So please don't try this at home! I do love the people that are pissed off and talking on the phone they have no clue what they are doing. Being in cell tech for last 18 years, I have seen almost everything. I guess that I am glad to be in the switch now!

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

I drive a lot in Europe on business - France, Germany , UK mainly and the police will pull you over in a heart beat if they see a cell phone.

BMW and Mercedes didn't even have cup holders until they started to manufacture in the US.

When you sit in the car you are there to drive - not eat, drink coffee or answer the phone!

And the newest twist is TV monitors in the sun visors. We're not talking about the pull downs in for the kiddies in the back, we're talking up front, passenger and driver both.

That's gotta be a tort lawyer's dream (but your honor, the manufacturer should have known that watching Rosanne at 70 mph in heavy traffic was dangerous to my client...).

I walk along a major street in Mobile when I go to the gym. It amazes me how many people are driving with a phone in one hand or squeezed between the ear and shoulder.

dj

Bluetooth wireless technology.... I would not be without it. I have a wireless earbud & phone with voice recognition. If the phone rings, I simply press on the earbud to activate it. If I want to call someone, I press on the earbud and speak their name, the phone does the rest. No need to pick up the phone, works at a range of up to 30' away from the phone. THE ONLY WAY TO DRIVE AND USE YOUR PHONE!!!!!!

I drive a lot in Europe on business - France, Germany , UK mainly and the police will pull you over in a heart beat if they see a cell phone.

BMW and Mercedes didn't even have cup holders until they started to manufacture in the US.

When you sit in the car you are there to drive - not eat, drink coffee or answer the phone!

Would that the American constabulary do so...

Driving is a full-time job...period...

(Just since my last post... Spousal unit and I are sitting in the LH lane at a red light when there's a tremendous bang as the car to our right is rear-ended by a pickup truck and driven halfway into the intersection. You guessed it - the yutz in the pickup was sitting with his mouth agape and his cell phone still grafted to his ear. I expect the young lady will be able to significantly upscale her former Honda once her attorney finishes with Mental Midget...)

This morning on the Interstate,

I looked over to my left and there was a woman in a brand new Cadillac

doing 65 mph with her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner.

I looked away for a couple seconds and when I looked back she was halfway over in my lane, still working on that makeup.

As a man, I don't scare easily. But she scared me so much;

I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the donut out of my other hand.

In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car using my knees against

the steering wheel, it knocked my cell phone away from my ear which fell into the coffee

between my legs, splashed, and burned Big Jim and the Twins, ruined the damn phone,

soaked my trousers, and disconnected an important call.

Damn women drivers

I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. A case in point.

dj

I saw a funny one today at lunch. I'm on Highway 880 southbound in San Jose just getting ready to take the Hamilton Ave. exit when a California Highway Patrol car zips in front of me, turns on the Red-n-Blinkies and begins the "Weave" to slow down traffic to create a break in the traffic. I'm in the front row of cars once we slow down to about 40mph so I signal and move over into one of the verrrry long Hamilton Ave. exit lanes. A Beemer 5 series (driver w/cell phone & hand glued to left ear) whips past me in the right most exit lane, cuts back in front of me, crosses into the middle lane and sails past the CHP car who had just moved into the fast lane still with lights flashing.

I guess it must have ticked him off just a bit because the CHP officer jumped on it, whipped in front of the Beemer and hit the brakes...HARD! Then he slowly started back into the "Weave"

Last I saw of them as I exited the freeway the Beemer was still behind the CHP but way out in front of all the rest of the other traffic. I sure hope the idiot in the Beemer didn't manage to exit the freeway before the officer finished the traffic break.

Nolan

I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the donut out of my other hand.

In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car using my knees against

the steering wheel, it knocked my cell phone away from my ear which fell into the coffee

between my legs, splashed, and burned Big Jim and the Twins, ruined the damn phone,

soaked my trousers, and disconnected an important call.

ROFLMAO...

In my all-too-frequent business trips to the Sodom on the Pacific, I thought I'd seen it all - the cell phones, the newspapers propped on steering wheels, guys shaving, women applying makeup (or maybe the other way 'round)...

But the ultimate was - as God is my witness - some character on the 210 near Pasadena who was BRUSHING HIS TEETH in the rear-view mirror of his BMW 740 iL... :wacko:

blackdragon

since your the distributor of armscor in the US you should visit us in the philippines.

you will see not only people in their talking to their cel phones driving in their cars, you will see majority of them texting while driving :)

Edited by Jasonub

Hell, now they're making DVD systems that go where the radio used to be! I saw some young punk going down the road in his G35 coupe...he and his girl were watching a movie with one of those things.

Incredible!

Bluetooth wireless technology.... I would not be without it. I have a wireless earbud & phone with voice recognition. If the phone rings, I simply press on the earbud to activate it. If I want to call someone, I press on the earbud and speak their name, the phone does the rest. No need to pick up the phone, works at a range of up to 30' away from the phone. THE ONLY WAY TO DRIVE AND USE YOUR PHONE!!!!!!

run, the BORG have landed :D

and it just an't cellphones,

just happened infront of the house, a truck load of teenage girl headed to the beach, too much yapping, not enough looking, drove straight into the back of a car waiting to turn. I don't think she saw him, until she hit him. :angry: