Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Staccato versus prodigy

Climbhard

On 8/8/2023 at 9:48 AM, beltfedgoodness said:

I had the same dilemma, went with a 5.0 prodigy and am happy I did. Stick the savings into the upgrades you want 

this.

i bought one and was able to install the egw internals, atlas trigger, atlas shielded safeties, and a dawson tooless guide rod. the thing runs as good as a $5000 gun imo. trigger is just over a pound, all internals are now tool steel, and it is super flat.

if you like to work on guns a little, this is the cheapest way to get a very nice 2011 i think.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dsmarty386 said:

this.

i bought one and was able to install the egw internals, atlas trigger, atlas shielded safeties, and a dawson tooless guide rod. the thing runs as good as a $5000 gun imo. trigger is just over a pound, all internals are now tool steel, and it is super flat.

if you like to work on guns a little, this is the cheapest way to get a very nice 2011 i think.

Shouldn't the goal be for it to run like a $500 gun? I know it doesn't sound as cool, but having a 2011 that runs like a glock is way more appealing that one that runs like a custom 2011. 

10 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

Shouldn't the goal be for it to run like a $500 gun? I know it doesn't sound as cool, but having a 2011 that runs like a glock is way more appealing that one that runs like a custom 2011. 

that's a fair and valid point! I totally agree that kind of reliability would be awesome

I have yet to put that many rounds on my prodigy to determine if it will run as reliably as my glock

I will say there is something to be said for a 2011s performance vs a $500 gun.

we all know they are not as reliable typically, but they are much easier and fun to shoot

24 minutes ago, dsmarty386 said:

that's a fair and valid point! I totally agree that kind of reliability would be awesome

I have yet to put that many rounds on my prodigy to determine if it will run as reliably as my glock

I will say there is something to be said for a 2011s performance vs a $500 gun.

we all know they are not as reliable typically, but they are much easier and fun to shoot

Once you get a 2011 right I think they can be just as reliable as a glock in a sense. Like having one run trouble free with out breaking any parts for 50k rounds doesn't seem crazy. Especially now talking about 9mm minor guns for LO. Obviously it will need to be kept wet and cleaned more frequently. Vs a glock you could literally do nothing to it and just shoot it for 50-80k rounds. That I a 2011 can't do.

IMO the biggest leap in 2011's have been mags. You can buy mags that just work right out of the box now. The days of needing special tuned mags are pretty much gone. 

57 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

Once you get a 2011 right I think they can be just as reliable as a glock in a sense. Like having one run trouble free with out breaking any parts for 50k rounds doesn't seem crazy. Especially now talking about 9mm minor guns for LO. Obviously it will need to be kept wet and cleaned more frequently. Vs a glock you could literally do nothing to it and just shoot it for 50-80k rounds. That I a 2011 can't do.

IMO the biggest leap in 2011's have been mags. You can buy mags that just work right out of the box now. The days of needing special tuned mags are pretty much gone. 

yeah good point!

i dont mind lubing and cleaning after each match. i do it on my glocks too even though i dont need to haha

im excited that i can potentially get that kind of life out of my minor pf 2011 without significant maintenance 

i just got into the 2011 world this year. i am very thankful the mag situation is so good. when i got into them i was confused why everyone on forums and youtube were talking about mag tuning and mag issues lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/10/2023 at 6:49 AM, tiro6 said:

Forgot to add in my C2 and Prodigy (post work)

c2prodigy.thumb.jpg.3ac55a3fb147c5aa5064fec533737e62.jpg

What grip is on your prodigy and did you have to do any fitting?

6 hours ago, dtuns said:

What grip is on your prodigy and did you have to do any fitting?

Not the owner, but having spent the last couple of weeks staring at 2011s… should be an MPA ds9 grip. From what I’ve seen elsewhere, minor fitting/blending may be required… also, iirc, another thread mentions that stock prodigy trigger bow is a bit different from “standard” 2011, so probably needs a different trigger to make everything work correctly.