Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Perfect 3-gun Reticle For The Scope

3GunF1Guy

Post here what you think is the best reticle for a 3-gun rifle scope and why. Also include the power of scope. If one is not being put in a scope now what would you like to see. Draw a picture and post so that we can all see.

All of the reticles for me are not what I would consider the best for 3-gun. Here is a pict of one that I made that would be perfect IMHO.

reticle.jpg

The red part would be Illuminated and the crosshairs would not be, they would stay black. The red circle could be 8-12 moa. I would prefer a 8 moa so that at 100 yds it would exactly be the circle of a flash target. I also would prefer a fine croshair in the middle that is not illuminated. Here in the western US we have alot of small (colt pepper popper) at up to 100 yds and 8 inch swingers (flash targets) at up to 400 yds, so the fine crosshirs work great for me at small and far shots. the Illuminated circle would be great on hoser close paper targets. The scope would have to be a 1-5x? and it could have up to a 32mm objective. I always have a 300 yd zero so I do not need any other marks in the scope. At 400 yds all I have to do is hold over about 6 inches and I can hit a 8 inch flash target without a problem (if I do my part).

Scott Peterson

Scott,

I keep telling you it's this one!

It's gonna be a while according to Mueller :( The new Leupold CQ/T custom shop reticle looks promising albeit not lit for daylight use. I might have to fork out $160 for this option once it is available.

True 1 to 4 or 5 power long eye relief with bright red 2 min. dot at high power and 8 min. dot at 1 power with trajectory compensation out to 800 yards. It shouldn't weigh more than 12 oz. and cost less than $600.00 and come in your preference of color. A Meopta with the red dot and a TDS reticle would surfice. Keith

It would look like a dougnut, be lit by maybe a fiberoptic over tritium, and have stadia lines starting at 400 or so down to 800, I would like to see it around a 3.5X :D KURTM

They'll never make anything like that!

Scott:

we used to shoot 400 plus all the time at the old S.O.F. match. Mesa has usually gone past 300 every year, out to about 375 once, and thats darn close to 400. Besides who said this was just for a match :lol: KURTM

What's really amazing is that no one does produce a really ideal 3-gun optic. Seems like everything out there is a major compromise and/or obscenely expensive.

While we're wishing, I'd also like it a long eye relief model for the scout mount.

Go to a gunshow and find an old Redfield 1X-4X x 20 IER (Intermediate Eye Relief). Seven inches of eye relief and a pretty good day optic. Price range $100 - $175.