Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need ID on an Open gun

Bravo_Victor

Need help IDing this pistol. Maybe someone can recognize the slide design. Idk much about it other than being older (owner was also older and owned some OG Caspians in 38 super) and that it has an STI SAS frame. 

Completely disregard the optic mount and optic lol

5aVZeLM.jpg

w5ybrFc.jpg

Literally every 2011 gunsmith has done similar cuts to this at one point in their career. It might be best to take some photos of the inside of the slide and frame. Might give some more details to lead to the builder. 

Edited by Maximis228

2 hours ago, Maximis228 said:

Literally every 2011 gunsmith has done similar cuts to this at one point in their career. It might be best to take some photos of the inside of the slide and frame. Might give some more details to lead to the builder. 

5 hours ago, mandiesel said:

Looks super similar to an Akai (comp & slide) I have… close but not the same for sure. 

So far the closest ive gotten was an older Akai. I get panel cuts are common but his are the closest. Even Shay said it COULD be one of his but wasnt sure bc the comp throws it off. I dont have the gun in hand, bc it was a deceased persons pistol that i got pictures of. 

4 hours ago, Braxton1 said:

Bobby Keigans at Freedom Gunworks did panel cuts similar to that on his slides, but I am pretty sure that the old Weigand scope mount pre-dates his work....

Owner was an older gentleman who is now deceased. Also owned a few old caspian open guns in 38 super so the mount makes total sense in that regard lol

2 minutes ago, Bravo_Victor said:

Owner was an older gentleman who is now deceased. Also owned a few old caspian open guns in 38 super so the mount makes total sense in that regard lol

That’s definitely not Bobby’s stipple work on the grip. 
He did most panel cuts to cover up factory serrations. He definitely has a style. 

• 4 months later...