Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best reloading bullets for 9 Major Open Gun

Murzikrv

Interesting post. I've been thinking of switching to 124gr PD JHPs but wasn't sure which if I should go with the original or V2s.

Looks like the preference so far is V2?

Edit: I was looking on the PD website the other day and they had both original and V2. Looking just now, V2 is the only available. Looks like they made my mind up for me. 

Edited by Speedwagon

I use the PD 124gr FMJs and V1 JHPs because they're conducive to loading as longer in my unreamed Czechmate barrel in comparison to the handful of other projectiles I've tried. The JHP v2s remind me a lot of the Hornady HAPs, but the profile is a little different than the V1s.

On 3/27/2023 at 11:21 AM, HesedTech said:

For a plated bullets Everglades heavy plate will stand up to at least 1400 fps. Price is right, very consistent and loads easily.

https://www.evergladesammo.com/bullets/handgun-bullets/9mm-124gr-rn-plated-bullets-v2.html

I’ve been using these for my first open load. Chrono’d today at 170-175 with 9.6grn of aa7. Good accuracy too.

I'm using PD 124 JHP V2's now in my Checkmate, I reamed my barrel and can load out to 1.168 but I'm using 1.160 OAL. Currently running 6.2 gr of CFE which is 155 PF for my local ppc match, but will load 6.7 for USPSA PF. Accuracy is great and dot tracks like I want it to. There was a sale on V1 a couple of weeks ago but I decided I'll stick with V2's.

• 2 weeks later...