Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HM3x magnifier for Steel Challenge

Chapo

Has anyone tried the Holosun HS510c with the HM3X magnifier for steel challenge on a 9mm carbine?  Shot a match this past week end with a Romeo 2MOA and couldn’t see Jack s. Thinking this may be an option or a c more slide rail with a 12 MOA. Thoughts?

Edited by Chapo

unless your steel match is at 100+ yards a magnifier is going to slow you way down. 

try a dot larger than 2moa, the 6moa Romeo 3 xl(or Max) are fantastic and very easy to see I believe they also have an 8 min one now. the Cmore RTS2 is also available with large dots.  

That Holosun combo is fantastic, although the magnifier does not have the most clarity.  I love the 510c reticle options.  Have not shot it in comp, but have it on a PCC 9mm that easily reaches out to 100yds.

Good Luck

Question by can’t see jack 

couldn’t see the dot or the target 

I'm running a slide ride with a 4moa dot which I find is perfect for me, with pcc the optic is closer to your face which makes the dot look bigger

I cannot ever imagine a magnifier being needed for SC.  The 510c dot should be bright enough for whatever daytime conditions you are shooting in.  

Was the sun directly in front of or in back of the optic? Was the dot washed out or something?  I have never had the 510C wash out.   

I also do not understand how you would loose the dot in PCC during SC.  I would imagine to dot would be essentially stationary as your body moved like a turret.  Maybe your eyes would loose the dot when moving from target to target, but as the gun comes into view you should be able to pick up the dot quickly.  If this is not happening, is it a possible indexing issue?  

I run a 4 moa slide ride and for me it’s perfect, I have a 8moa on my backup pcc and it looks huge

l wouldn’t go any larger than a 8moa, remember with pcc you eyes are closer to the scope than a pistol, so the dots look bigger