Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield Xd In 45 Acp Here Is The Proof

R/T Performance

OK Rob,

where the hell did you get that? 14 rounds....mmmmmmmmm

Does this mean the end for the 45 gap in the XD?

No. Since the 45 gap fits the current XD frame so well I doubt that it will go away. Not everyone has hands big enough for a 45 acp XD. I do know that I'll be buying one of these bad boys as soon as they come out. :wub:

45 ACP XD's are listed in the 2006 wholesale price list. However, do not expect to find any on a dealers shelf until 2007.

I'm sure you all remember the Defender 3" 1911 in GAP? I have yet to see even a price from Springfield...

OK Rob,

where the hell did you get that? 14 rounds....mmmmmmmmm

Does this mean the end for the 45 gap in the XD?

To be quite frank, 45 GAP XD's never started...I have a pile of them and no one's interested.

OK, I JUST got off the phone with Springfield Customer Service, and..........

Supposedly, it will be introduced at the Shot Show in Feb.

I have a question for you guys.

Besides the possible lack of availability of reloading components, what is the downside to .45 GAP?

And yes, I am putting on my helmet to take the beating that this post is gonna give me :D

OK, I JUST got off the phone with Springfield Customer Service, and..........

Supposedly, it will be introduced at the Shot Show in Feb.

I have a question for you guys.

Besides the possible lack of availability of reloading components, what is the downside to .45 GAP?

And yes, I am putting on my helmet to take the beating that this post is gonna give me :D

Would love to touch the first one at the shot show.

I belive gap is like the 10mm just poeple can't get past the old works so good why change it. why is the 40 so pouplar but few 10 mm?But 45 acp been here and 45 gap has not caught on.

I don't know who has all seen the goverment is looking for a 45 acp for our troops but if Xd gets that contract I bet it will be a long time before we get any.

I just want a frame and some mags if my 40 slide will fit would be an awsome open plat forum 20 round of 40 and 140mm mag could hold 25-27??

http://www.xdtalk.com

Just got off the phone with one of my LE reps at springfield.

They will be announcing the ACP in Jan and will supply the market as soon as they come in. They are hoping for Jan but not sure, but, definately 1st quarter.

BIG SCOOP HERE

The grip is just about the same size as their other frames. The distance between the front strap and the back strap on the other guns is 2.07. The ACP is 2.11--barely noticable.

I was told the trigger reach is just a tiny bit longer.. maybe a 1/16!

Looks like a winner!!!!!!

Sounds interest...... :)

Edit to add link to original post: http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=...der=asc&start=0

Edited by j2fast

Sorry if this is a stupid Q, but how can they get 13+1 rounds (I assume) of .45ACP in a frame that holds only 12+1 .40s? Even if the frame is wider like the Glock 22 vs. the Glock 20, the capacity should still be smaller, right?

I'm really curious, because they could make a nice 15/16+1 .40 gun on the big .45 frame if this is true.

The downside to the GAP is getting them mixed in with my ACP brass during a loading binge. But balistically-speaking, some folks have been dialing down some very nice, soft loads for Minor in the GAP (Steel matches, Production, etc.).

Sorry if this is a stupid Q, but how can they get 13+1 rounds (I assume) of .45ACP in a frame that holds only 12+1 .40s? Even if the frame is wider like the Glock 22 vs. the Glock 20, the capacity should still be smaller, right?

I'm really curious, because they could make a nice 15/16+1 .40 gun on the big .45 frame if this is true.

The reason you only get 12 in 40 is because the XD-40 uses magazines that have the same inside dimensions as the 9mm magazines. The magazine allows for a close packed stack of 9mm but not with 40 the magazine is too narrow. The XD-45ACP will have both a longer grip and a proper width magazine for efficient packing of the rounds in the magazine.

mcb

The reason you only get 12 in 40 is because the XD-40 uses magazines that have the same inside dimensions as the 9mm magazines. The magazine allows for a close packed stack of 9mm but not with 40 the magazine is too narrow. The XD-45ACP will have both a longer grip and a proper width magazine for efficient packing of the rounds in the magazine.

mcb

Thanks for the explanation. I hope they'll make .40 and 9 guns on this frame someday. It would be great for international IPSC Production where large capacity matters a lot.