TheChef1

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, fuzzysights said:

Palmetto State Armory has the Darkside S in stock at only $100 over MSRP.  Chrome in stock for only $250 over MSRP!   I really want one but I will not contribute to this craziness

In stock at Family Firearms in AL for $870 shipped. 

https://www.familyfirearms.com/product/cia-hg7010-n-canik-rival-s-9mm-darkside#product_detail

Thanks for the tip!  I want the chrome and it is not in stock but I put myself on the notification list.  Great prices.  The darkside is available and I am afraid that the "darkside" may lure me over if I don't get a notification soon.

Well, let's see if we are "Darksided". Family Firearms had my ship to FFL info, a discounted price and took payment from my CC. It's early Monday morn, 3/13/23,  all we need is a shipping notice.  I just added the brass backstrap to my other Rival so it seems most likely the steel frame is on it's way?.  Hope they had access to one OR I will wait for a discounted chrome version... Mike

On 3/10/2023 at 6:27 PM, mikeAZ said:

ME TOO, LETS SEE CIF THEY HAVE THEM?.. beas PRICE i'VE SEEN.. "dARKSIDE" IT IS..( Sorry for the caps)..

Well they charged my card, but I've seen no shipping notice.  Had to send them a current FFL, my guy's was expired.  Haven't heard back one way or the other.  Showing out of stock now, hope we don't get cancelled.

Well, maybe they are just slow??.. Their website does state it may take a while for shipping. Mine showed "in stock" if the green box means anything? , so who knows. I emailed them saying "in stock?"...Ya, they took the CC fast and I had a order #, so???...

2 hours ago, mikeAZ said:

Well, maybe they are just slow??.. Their website does state it may take a while for shipping. Mine showed "in stock" if the green box means anything? , so who knows. I emailed them saying "in stock?"...Ya, they took the CC fast and I had a order #, so???...

Emailed them, (quick response), will ship today/tomorrow. Black it is....  Good !!

On 2/13/2023 at 9:01 PM, FiveDigit said:

I ordered the MBX spring and Henning basepad. I can load 24 and insert it loaded into my polymer Rival without too much trouble but it literally requires hammering the mag in on Rival-S and there’s just no way I can rack the slide once it’s in there. I don’t mean bang it with your palm to get the mag in, I mean hold the gun with both hands and wack the baseplate down on a hard surface! Did it work in the steel frame gun for you?

I’m using grams and henning or TF base pads for 23 and a ruin tactical follower with henning pad for 24. All are reliable. 

Mine arrived, picked up Friday, shot it cold in match yesterday and took high Limited.   Could have been faster but that dang holster sucks.  Gotta find a good Comp holster.

Shot 124gr CCI Blazer, 124gr MEN, 124gr S&B, 124gr AE.  Flawless.

4 hours ago, extremist said:

Mine arrived, picked up Friday, shot it cold in match yesterday and took high Limited.   Could have been faster but that dang holster sucks.  Gotta find a good Comp holster.

Shot 124gr CCI Blazer, 124gr MEN, 124gr S&B, 124gr AE.  Flawless.

I haven't used the stock holster in a match. Glad I decided to get a different holster. You're not the only one to day the stock holster is terrible. Went with a Ghost Hydra +P.

I shot the Rival S at The Gathering at the Clinton House Plantation yesterday side by side with the Rival. Canik had a booth at the range with most of their guns available to shoot. The S is a completely different feel. I liked it a lot but still prefer my SFX. It reminded me of the CZ Shadow which I shot for several years. I plan to buy one at some point to add to my Canik collection. 

9 hours ago, hump said:

I shot the Rival S at The Gathering at the Clinton House Plantation yesterday side by side with the Rival. Canik had a booth at the range with most of their guns available to shoot. The S is a completely different feel. I liked it a lot but still prefer my SFX. It reminded me of the CZ Shadow which I shot for several years. I plan to buy one at some point to add to my Canik collection. 

Im torn between a Shadow 2 (optic ready) and Rival-S for my next pistol.

The CZ prices have been wacky enough that both guns are within a similar price range at this point.

I have both.  I give the Canik S the nod with the same trigger pull every time.   Price is less and more bang for the buck than the CZ.  I have been a CZ guy for a long time and the Canik Rival S has completely changed my mind.  Lok grips will complete the package.