Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ordered my Rival-S have you?

TheChef1

I have the prototype Rival holster and am very interested in what you find.  Can you caliper both slides to see where the differences are?  I'm sure Shane will also offer a solution soon.  This is being discussed on the Canik Fanatik forum as well.

Maybe we need to start a new thread about holsters for the Rival S.

Edited by WxGuy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, WxGuy said:

I have the prototype Rival holster and am very interested in what you find.  Can you caliper both slides to see where the differences are?  I'm sure Shane will also offer a solution soon.  This is being discussed on the Canik Fanatik forum as well.

Maybe we need to start a new thread about holsters for the Rival S.

When I get home I’m going to take my calipers to it and look closer and see what I can find. I’m hoping it’s just one small area that’s getting caught up and I can just maybe dremel a Channel out of the holster somewhere. 

I will make a post once I do. 

Hey Chef1……it’s the guy that got you hooked on Canik’s. I really liked what you did to mine, but I think my Grayguns Sig is still easier for me to shoot. But really interested in reading about your results with the Steel one. I’m assuming if I were to get the steel one that I could swap slides with my current Rival ?

59 minutes ago, Daslinger said:

Hey Chef1……it’s the guy that got you hooked on Canik’s. I really liked what you did to mine, but I think my Grayguns Sig is still easier for me to shoot. But really interested in reading about your results with the Steel one. I’m assuming if I were to get the steel one that I could swap slides with my current Rival ?

Hey man lol,

the match is full tonight but I’m going to try to still get in. Need to figure out the holster situation. I may go to shoot straight later I’ll hit you up if I do. 

I tried swapping the slides but the barrel lugs are slightly different so you have to change barrels also. 

6 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

I’ve got a few guide rods here already I’m going to try. I don’t want to transfer over my tungsten I don’t think because the weight is good as is IMO. But I agree the spring is definitely too stiff. 

What part # is the Springco kit for the Rival?  . What other guiderods fit it? I agree with you, not sure I want to move that much weight over - but not that familiar with the platform, so I don't know which other guiderods fit it so I can adjust recoil spring weight. 

7 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

Did you by chance have the mag resting on something? I had issues one time when zeroing but realized my mag was being forced into the gun from my sand bag. 

Yes, I did. The mag was resting on the Caldwell Steady Rest. I was using an extended basepad mag. I guess that explains why shooting off the rest didn't bother the trigger.

55 minutes ago, WildPete said:

What's wrong with the holster that comes with the Rival? I mounted mine to a Boss hanger. Curious why you don't use yours.

I’m lefty and the holster I have was super tight. I did some filing and got it usable. The new one is about a millimeter bigger between the slide and pic rail and that threw it off. 

Can anyone with the new Rival S be able to measure the front sight height?  Top of slide to top of front sight would be nice.  I have a feeling the front sight might be too narrow for my preferred sight picture.  Thanks!  

1 hour ago, lroy said:

Please don't support price gouging on gunbroker. Just wait a month or two until it's $750. Lol

I doubt they’ll be down to $750 in a month or two but I totally agree. Let they dude sit there with zero bids lol

Well "they" got me... Just sold my SFX and bought a Rival, added the brass backstrap AND now "they" come out with the steel frame! Best start saving up again. Hope the $$$ might drop a bit?.. But I know me , I'll get one.

7 hours ago, mikeAZ said:

Well "they" got me... Just sold my SFX and bought a Rival, added the brass backstrap AND now "they" come out with the steel frame! Best start saving up again. Hope the $$$ might drop a bit?.. But I know me , I'll get one.

Both are great. I’m don’t plan on selling either of my poly guns. 

13 hours ago, HCH said:

Anybody know if these are in stock anywhere? I ordered from Classic Firearms on Friday and got an email today saying they canceled my order due to an inventory discrepancy. 

Man sorry to hear that. Theres a guy on reddit who said that same thing happened to him with the original rival when it first came out. We both ordered the steel right away and I was worried that would happen. Luckily They shipped mine quick but I ordered it very quick after it was released.

I heard on reddit theres a place in Texas called Range USA or something that  like that has them but for in store only.

1 minute ago, TheChef1 said:

Man sorry to hear that. Theres a guy on reddit who said that same thing happened to him with the original rival when it first came out. We both ordered the steel right away and I was worried that would happen. Luckily They shipped mine quick but I ordered it very quick after it was released.

I heard on reddit theres a place in Texas called Range USA or something that  like that has them but for in store only.

I think it got held up because they didn’t have my FFL on file, but who knows. 

Range USA is in my neck of the woods; I’ll give them a call. Thanks for the tip!

4 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

Range USA had one black one and one chrome one at the store I went to. I opted for shiny 😃

65E51F50-4A5B-4489-A0DA-E5B5DEA6210F.jpeg

Has anyone tried the brass base pads from Taylor Freelance with the Rival S? I was shooting yesterday and noticed that I didn't like the way the gun felt and returned to zero when fired with the brass basepad.

The MBX 24 round spring did work fine with the Henning basepad.